• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always funny when people get down voted on the Blizz forums, it really brings out the douche in some people. They just freak out when people don't agree with them.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's the thing distracting all of your team while his team murders your team. :p

Oh, that's why I dunno what a winston is

;P

It's always funny when people get down voted on the Blizz forums, it really brings out the douche in some people. They just freak out when people don't agree with them.

People also do this if you try and help them, honestly. Shoutout to SSSniperwolf getting mad for trying to help her because she was still raging about her previous loss :')

matmanx1

I just finished a QP match on Dorado where the opposing defenders had 3x Mei. I'm pretty sure I died a little bit inside.

The funny thing was my team was actually set up as a 2 x 2 x 2 with a really well balanced team. Once we started and saw what we were up against everyone just went nuts and picked whoever they wanted.

It still didn't go well.

Mozendo

I got downvoted for saying that Rein, Winston, Zarya, and Symmetra are all Genji counters.

It's incredible how some people think is some OP character Genji who has no counters whatsoever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just finished a QP match on Dorado where the opposing defenders had 3x Mei. I'm pretty sure I died a little bit inside.

The funny thing was my team was actually set up as a 2 x 2 x 2 with a really well balanced team. Once we started and saw what we were up against everyone just went nuts and picked whoever they wanted.

It still didn't go well.

Just go triple pharah and the meis will give you no problem.

Even 2 pharahs is enough.

So I own the origins edition of PS4 and want to buy the game on PC. Even with the sale, I don't think its worth 10 bucks for the origins content again. My only question is, the origin edition doesn't effect DLC maps or characters right? You still get every update and item as if it was the origins edition?

So I own the origins edition of PS4 and want to buy the game on PC. Even with the sale, I don't think its worth 10 bucks for the origins content again. My only question is, the origin edition doesn't effect DLC maps or characters right? You still get every update and item as if it was the origins edition?
Yep, all origins does for you is give you those few skins. Every future update will be free to get for everyone, no matter the conditions.

Skii

My placements went from 4-1 to 4-3.

Echenwalde is just an absolute bitch to attack on especially when your team mates are brain dead. We have not won a single fight to capture the first point and the opposition get cocky and near our spawn, I get rid of 2 of them, teleport into the back and get 2 more. I'm on the point but 5 of my team mates are literally stuck at the choke point by a lone Junkrat. They were so slow that the 4 I killed made their way back to the first point before they killed the Junkrat. You just have to laugh at that tbh.

And my second loss is because of Blizzard's shit servers.

Can't wait for that silver ranking now.

Prelude.

Defeat, defeat, defeat!

You sure know how to bankrupt my self confidence, blizzard.

acaa2d3242z0qfe.jpg

This picture will get some use.

Antiwhippy

My placements went from 4-1 to 4-3.

Echenwalde is just an absolute bitch to attack on especially when your team mates are brain dead. We have not won a single fight to capture the first point and the opposition get cocky and near our spawn, I get rid of 2 of them, teleport into the back and get 2 more. I'm on the point but 5 of my team mates are literally stuck at the choke point by a lone Junkrat. They were so slow that the 4 I killed made their way back to the first point before they killed the Junkrat. You just have to laugh at that tbh.

And my second loss is because of Blizzard's shit servers.

Can't wait for that silver ranking now.

For what it's worth it takes into account your last season ranking and personal performance more than anything else from what I know.

Lol. I just got put into two games that were seconds from defeat. Literally, the last game I was in transitioned from 'found game' into 'defeat' I'm not making this shit up. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME BLIZZARD?

aeolist

Banned
Echenwalde is just an absolute bitch to attack on especially when your team mates are brain dead.

what i've learned playing overwatch: all teammates are brain dead. every last one, no exceptions.

there is no intelligent life in the universe.

Skii

For what it's worth it takes into account your last season ranking and personal performance more than anything else from what I know.

Well I plummeted from rank 57 to rank 49 last season and my placement games are coming out pretty bad. This game is gonna think I'm terrible :(

I just wanted a decent platinum rank because that's the equivalent to 50s. No way am I getting to diamonds if I end up in gold/silver.

More annoyed with the disconnect game because we were doing extremely well.

Antiwhippy

Also now that I'm in the mechanical keyboard game I really want to make it overwatch themed.

Currently deciding if I should make my ult key self-destruct or blizzard.

LiK

S2 is creating a lot of salt with YouTubers. So far the last few videos from some big channels is just pure venting and complaining about it and trying to tell people about teamwork etc. What a time to be alive.

I've switched Zaryas abilities to R3 and L3 and my jump and secondary to L2 and L1. Everything just feels so much more accessible with this config. The only downside is that R3 is a pretty poor substitute for aiming my bubble. Might have to rework it a little.

Not gonna lie - I egg on the other team's infighitng. One dude was like "MAN MY TEAM SUCKS", and I told him it was rude to say that and that someone on his team might not like hearing that. Which sparked tons of insults and one dude just wandering around the map in protest.

molnizzle

Picked this up after the free weekend, been playing pretty much nonstop since then.

Are unlock packs guaranteed to give you stuff you don't already have?

LiK

Not gonna lie - I egg on the other team's infighitng. One dude was like "MAN MY TEAM SUCKS", and I told him it was rude to say that and that someone on his team might not like hearing that. Which sparked tons of insults and one dude just wandering around the map in protest.

I would do that too if I had a mic, lol. I would just try to piss off the guy complaining so much and hope he mutes me.

aeolist

Banned
i would actually have no problem with comp in this game, even if i were losing as much as i am now, but the way it's set up is so bad

1. the points you gain or lose are dependent on weird hidden factors that you can never understand, except to know that supports get fucked so never play support

2. the compressed bell curve of SR distribution means that a huge majority of the players are in a relatively narrow rank range in the middle, which means that people who the game says are at your level will have wildly varying amounts of game understanding and mechanical skill

3. points 1 and 2 combine to infuriate the player base to the point where i end up turning off both text and voice chat almost every single game due to excessive sodium levels and outright hate speech

finalflame

Blizzard should really come out and at least clarify at a high level how competitive rank points are gained/lost. We have gleaned some info, but they need to dive into greater detail, short of giving away the actual algorithms that decide it. But we need to know the factors. Period.

aeolist

Banned
Blizzard should really come out and at least clarify at a high level how competitive rank points are gained/lost. We have gleaned some info, but they need to dive into greater detail, short of giving away the actual algorithms that decide it. But we need to know the factors. Period.

absolutely not, what they need to do is eliminate all of that garbage and make it a flat number that applies across both teams and varies depending on the difference in collective rank. that is literally the only sane way to do it, if they clarify their current system i guarantee it'll just drive people further up the wall.

LiK

The numbers are random as shit. I've noticed them to be more consistent when I'm on a win streak. But winning and losing gets random as numbers go up and down.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The numbers are random as shit. I've noticed them to be more consistent when I'm on a win streak. But winning and losing gets random as numbers go up and down.

The highest I've gotten was 70 but that was during an 8 win streak.

Beyond that it does feel random as hell. Atleast numbers are easier to make sense of compared to that messy level bar last season which just changed size all the time as you lost or gained random chunks.

Gorillaz

The hard part about Comp is the fact your dealing with a MM equation that was meant more for judging you off of your overall match as a team instead of judging your performance in general. We all know this would be a problem. It was pretty much confirmed for me when they tried to explain the system of MM back in the beginning of the summer and it was literal fluff.

I think the current numbered system does it "better" in terms of showing you what's going on. But not exactly great.

Veelk

Banned
Why is match making taking so long to find me matches now? And why does it keep placing me in matches against established teams? Are there so few placements now?

LiK

Of course I lost. Our Lucio never healed once. Then he switched to Pharah to then die as soon as he showed his face.

Just let me get to Diamond game :(

Haha, same thing happened to me before I reached Diamond. One win away and for some reason everyone was playing like shit. Conspiracies!

Of course I lost. Our Lucio never healed once. Then he switched to Pharah to then die as soon as he showed his face.

Just let me get to Diamond game :(
The game continually keeps serving me up the worst pieces of shit teammates that exist. I think I won only one match today and lost around 7 or 8. Fantastic matchmaking if you asked me.

First game today: servers crash, counts as a loss.
Second game: Up 2-0 in KotH, player on our team DCs, we lose.

Luckily we went 4-1 after that and I'm finally rising again, but good grief, I was about ready to hang it up.

I think they always throw a shitty game your way when you're one win from promotion. 3 times, THREE GODDAMN TIMES, I got to 2498 and lost. I think now I'm at 2200-something and I just gave up on competitive. It's not worth the heartache lol

Antiwhippy

We still have 10 weeks of S2 guys.

It'll keep fluctuating. You get bad games, you get good games. Gaining rank is nice but at this point I'm just enjoying matches as they come and building up my purple coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom