• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next match on Anubis defense. Our Rein charges into the other team immediately.

HALP

It started out somewhat well too. I was already about to have a TP 1 minute into the match. sigh

xaosslug

just been listening to THIS while I soloQ to keep the ol' moral up.
7h3Ht.gif

LiK

Shit, wanted to quickly jump in and I forgot about the update. Why doesn't it autodownload for me in rest mode.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is there any benefit to installing this game on an SSD? First dibs on character selection screen maybe?

ps4 version is down? fuck everything man :/

anyway saw this tonight and thought of gremlin d.va

wMXtgf7.jpg

also when does the weekly brawl reset? I'm all for getting people to try out the new map and stuff but as a new player I'd rather have some wacky shit like Lucioball.

darklin0

Banned
ps4 version is down? fuck everything man :/

anyway saw this tonight and thought of gremlin d.va

wMXtgf7.jpg

also when does the weekly brawl reset? I'm all for getting people to try out the new map and stuff but as a new player I'd rather have some wacky shit like Lucioball.

It reset today. It is all tanks brawl.

Ramirez

Can't they hear his footsteps or was he crouch walking.

Eh I've found it pretty similar but the heroes I use haven't had big changes apart from speed boost nerf. I still get decent usage from speed boost though. Even got similar ranking with season 1 peaking at 70 and season 2 peaking at 3462.

The auto aim alone changes so much stuff from S1, lol. Characters like Mei are very viable now. Zen/DVa were non factors when he played. Pretty sure he sit out the QP-S2 bridge, so yea, I think the game is pretty different if you stopped at S1.

And I don't want you to fail Soul.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Same reason people post in here about their teammates being awful :/
Not at all really. It's one thing to complain after the fact, removed from the situation. It's another to actively drag them and in turn potentially make them play worse or at the very least distract them, it's just not the way to go about it in the heat of the moment.

darklin0

Banned
nice, have they said if lucioball is ever returning? eternally bummed I missed it
Dunno but maybe it might show up for next years summer games.
Not at all really. It's one thing to complain after the fact, removed from the situation. It's another to actively drag them and in turn potentially make them play worse or at the very least distract them, it's just not the way to go about it in the heat of the moment.

Also it doesn't seem people come in to praise their team often. I usually only complain when my team was truly terrible and never to my teammates. Especially after a loss, there is no point in being horrible to people who already feel bad. Plus the Hanjo interview solidified my mentality about it, some people are in complete denial of their skill level so there is no point in complaining.

LMAO that song choice XD

So fitting too lol
I have my life's soundtrack on point. :flexemoji:

LiK

Yea, venting in a forum is not the same as yelling at someone in text chat/mic during a game. it doesn't affect team morale.

Won a game on defense on Gibraltar as a part of a team with no healers. I was initially the only support as Zenyatta, but we were getting rolled because they had two Anas who were healing from the backline and neutralizing anything we did, so I switched to Reaper to harass them and it worked beautifully. I was edgelording all up in both granny's faces the rest of the match and they couldn't get the second point. Fun times.

Also, is there any word on when Overbuff's stats will actually be accurate? I mean, I don't -think- I'm averaging 9.5 medals a game as 76 but you never know.

Skab

I'm still kinda of new to ranked in this and....it seems like its kinda hard to get anywhere. You lose way more points for loses than you do for wins. Seems kind of like a bad system for a team based game :\

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh, saw someone post this record on point gain/loss and how streaks work.

http://imgur.com/a/05lbb

106 SR gain jesus.

Does seem to show that SR loss/gain are in pretty similar ranges depending on other factors, but the swing shouldn't be too much if you're performing consistently?

LiK

Yea, when Vault and I were on an epic win streak, we got like 50 SR per win. That's how I got to Diamond in one night from like 2600 lol

Can someone explain to me how xp for medals work? It's just a single thing based on the highest medal achieved right? In other words, you don't get xp for each medal you get?

Antiwhippy

I mean it works like season 1. Streaks would have you going up 1 full level.

Still, my biggest takeaway is that you should generally stay in the same range if you're performing consistently but can't get a streak going. Which is kind of an obvious thing I guess, but people seem convinced that you lose more than you gain.

Ramirez

I just don't agree with rewarding winning streaks like that. Mainly as a solo guy, there's just too much shit out of your control most of the time.

LiK

I mean it works like season 1. Streaks would have you going up 1 full level.

Still, my biggest takeaway is that You should generally stay in the same range if you're performing consistently but can't get a streak going.

I just don't agree with rewarding winning streaks like that. Mainly as a solo guy, there's just too much shit out of your control most of the time.

I agree, a win is a win.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah I can agree with that. Getting winstreaks is really hard since each game's team can vary so wildly, and it also has the side effect of making win-loss-win-loss feel awful.

Ramirez

Yeah I can agree with that. Getting winstreaks is really hard since each game's team can vary so wildly, and it also has the side effect of making win-loss-win-loss feel awful.

Not to mention the MM has a bad habit of continuously pairing you with the same people even if you get blasted.

Yeah, or maybe cap it at something low, like 3 or so wins. Going up over 100 points is equivalent to going up over 2 levels based on the S1 levels, which is sheer insanity. I get that winning that many games in a row is very difficult, but like you pointed out, there are just too many variables to reward winning streaks that heavily.

MrOogieBoogie

Been playing Torb lately and I always seem to do really well with him. His turret seems really OP. Not the best measure of skill, but I get at least 20 eliminations every competitive game I play, and 1-5 deaths. I do play hard, but man, this guy doesn't seem to have nearly the respect he deserves, IMO. So often does it feel like the turret just stifles the other team if it's set up in just the right area.

Been playing Torb lately and I always seem to do really well with him. His turret seems really OP. Not the best measure of skill, but I get at least 20 eliminations every competitive game I play, and 1-5 deaths. I do play hard, but man, this guy doesn't seem to have nearly the respect he deserves, IMO. So often does it feel like the turret just stifles the other team if it's set up in just the right area.

Most people don't like torb because 90% of those who play him are absolute garbage. Basically most torbs babysit the turret and don't do anything else.

antitrop

2 Draws out of 3 games. Still better than a coinflip, but there has to be a better way.

Draws really hurt my will to keep on with my session. At least a loss gave incentive to queue up another one to try to get the points back, with a draw I feel like it was a waste of time and want to go do something else for a while.

Antiwhippy

I find draws completely fine in the it reflects how the two teams plays, but then again I like test cricket.

Maybe the aversion to draws is an american thing.

MrOogieBoogie

Most people don't like torb because 90% of those who play him are absolute garbage. Basically most torbs babysit the turret and don't do anything else.

I rarely sit by my turret. The only reason I do so well is because of my mobility, I think. I'm constantly running around dropping shields for people and peppering the enemy team with Torb's surprisingly powerful pistol. If my turret is destroyed, I don't care, I build one very quickly.

LiK

2 Draws out of 3 games. Still better than a coinflip, but there has to be a better way.

Draws really hurt my will to keep on with my session. At least a loss gave incentive to queue up another one to try to get the points back, with a draw I feel like it was a waste of time and want to go do something else for a while.

I don't mind them. Hated Sudden Death so much. Draw means a team is equal at least.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

One thing with OW is that an elimination is basically an assist in any other game, any point of damage on someone who does gets an elim so Torb frequently gets top elims on the team since the turret shooting each person on the team even if it's just one bullet gets him elims even if everyone else is doing the brunt of the work.

That said his gun is actually super legit if you get good with the arc of it, and molten core is a good ult.

komaruR

it's not just winstreak. because you're winning the game is putting you against higher SR avg team thus you net more if you win and minus less if you lose.
it works the same way on the other side. such as if you on lose streak, the game think they should pit you against lower SR avg team than yours and effectively if you lose, you lose alot because they are underdog.

As for group play; I'm unsure how the point gains are now. It does seems like in S2, everyone in the team who win gets the same amount of SR pts. Regardless their individual SR. Previously when it was in % its much harder to tell.

Blizzard

Banned
GS7kxp0.png

So is this the first time they've shown the end of season rewards? If so, why aren't people more disappointed? The skill required to reach grandmaster is SO much higher than that to reach 60 last season for the same reward? Getting one gold weapon per season seemed like a fun achievable goal the way it was before, now it seems like an above average player can expect one every two seasons (~6 months) of play. Bit of a momentum killer in my opinion.
It was already that way last season. I considered myself average at level 50-54, and I only got about half a weapon. After 2 seasons, I should be able to unlock one weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom