• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
got the cold snap trophy (freeze 4 enemies as mei at the same time) but my game glitched out while it happened and didn't accurately show them frozen :/

edit: also I'd never use gold weapons outside of maybe Rein's cause I find gold weapons in games tacky as all hell so I'm not bothered if I'm shitty in comp

LiK

I'm good at my job. Doesn't mean I enjoy it.

I mostly just enjoy playing with everyone.

Same, I can't solo anymore cuz I like to play at least with one other person. It motivates me to play well in Comp.

We should play soon. I was gonna drop in earlier but BNet wouldn't let me connect. Maybe tomorrow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I like comp just for the format. It's a shame that there's no quick play version of it.

Like 2CP makes no sense to me now without time bank.

LiK

I like comp just for the format. It's a shame that there's no quick play version of it.

Like 2CP makes no sense to me now without time bank.

I remember Kaplan mentioning in the Blizz forums that they may look into unranked mode but who knows when that'll happen.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait I can't play with my friends when I place 3000+ because I'm a match ahead of them?

Oh f right off with that blizzard.

*debates tossing placements like I did on PC to hit 50s of s2*

Veelk

Banned
Okay, before I played this seasons comp, I thought Zarya was perfectly balanced. I was surprised at the people saying that Zarya needed to be nerfed because I thought her power build up was pretty much right where it needed to be.

Then I played a few rounds and good god. Maybe this is just something I can learn to work around, but Zarya just fucking melts the entire team. There are ice cream sundays that last longer against lasers than some characters do against Zarya.

Before the auto aim fix, it was difficult to aim enough with Zarya that the massive power she got was kept in check. Now, it's just ridiculous.

Owzers

I either play comp too late at night or i don't get a chance to. Today i finally got to watch Civil War and it was at the expense of comp, i did manage to play a little qp with my one irl friend. So to make sure my limited Overwatching time was put to good use our team had an attack symmetra that got us nowhere :/

LiK

I either play comp too late at night or i don't get a chance to. Today i finally got to watch Civil War and it was at the expense of comp, i did manage to play a little qp with my one irl friend. So to make sure my limited Overwatching time was put to good use our team had an attack symmetra that got us nowhere :/

I'll be on tomorrow night.

Pac-Man, Overwatch, then Civil War. That's my plan for the day.

It's worked out quite well so far.

Owzers

I'll be on tomorrow night.

i shoulddddddd be on. I usually play an hour of quick play with my friend (others are welcome, but i don't do too much inviting because i assume people want to play comp) then i take a break and return for some comp presuming there is time.

Antiwhippy

Okay, before I played this seasons comp, I thought Zarya was perfectly balanced. I was surprised at the people saying that Zarya needed to be nerfed because I thought her power build up was pretty much right where it needed to be.

Then I played a few rounds and good god. Maybe this is just something I can learn to work around, but Zarya just fucking melts the entire team. There are ice cream sundays that last longer against lasers than some characters do against Zarya.

Before the auto aim fix, it was difficult to aim enough with Zarya that the massive power she got was kept in check. Now, it's just ridiculous.

On PC she's pretty much a tank/dps hybrid.

Just reached diamond!
I wonder if I can reach master tho, it seems so far away... And I'll probably drop back into platinum before I know what's going on :/

Can someone show me examples of high skill ceiling/advanced play?

I was also thinking: Wouldn't a War/Chain Reaction mode be really fun, if not very difficult?

You know, those modes where you gain dominance of a middle zone, then have to push up on the enemy side of the map by capturing 2 more zones? All while the enemy tries to regain their dominance by reclaiming and pushing up on your side.

I also really like the idea of a Bomb mode, where you maybe have 2 bomb locations and have to destroy them both, while enemies try to defuse.

Moonkeis

I'll gladly pick support and tanks all day long but when I'm gold kills on attack with Ana, I start to question what the offense is doing. Keep in mind, I'm still healing my ass off. I'm finding that to be the worst type of players in this gold dump.

xaosslug

hmm, OK. I just went on a 4 game winning streak in competitive... I think I'mma only soloQ in the evenings from now on. >__<

aside: in 2 of the games Anubis & R66(6) I had guys 'advising' peeps on what to be. I complied (ran Rein) and we lost the first point in Anubis, switched back to D.Va and we held the sedond point and took point 1 & 2 on attack (as D.Va, again he kept asking for a Rein...). The next guy on R66(6) wanted a Rein on attack... but I stuck w/ D.Va. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ We pushed the payload almost to the 3rd point, and on attack he kept harping on the Ana on our team, going on about wanting a Mercy... we kept the enemy team from reaching the 1st point. SMH

honestly, peeps need to CHILL at the beginning of a match and just see how things shake out. If things are not working out or begin to go sideways... then ok, maybe, suggest some composition switch-ups?, but until then just chill, yo! ;)

Soulflarz

Banned
hmm, OK. I just went on a 4 game winning streak in competitive... I think I'mma only soloQ in the evenings from now on. >__<

aside: in 2 of the games Anubis & R66(6) I had guys 'advising' peeps on what to be. I complied (ran Rein) and we lost the first point in Anubis, switched back to D.Va and we held the sedond point and took point 1 & 2 on attack (as D.Va, again he kept asking for a Rein...). The next guy on R66(6) wanted a Rein on attack... but I stuck w/ D.Va. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ We pushed the payload almost to the 3rd point, and on attack he kept harping on the Ana on our team, going on about wanting a Mercy... we kept the enemy team from reaching the 1st point. SMH

honestly, peeps need to CHILL at the beginning of a match and just see how things shake out. If things are not working out or begin to go sideways... then ok, maybe, suggest some composition switch-ups?, but until then just chill, yo! ;)

Just
use reaper.
It worked at launch and it still works

this is the only way I know how to stay relevant in OW while taking week breaks

I was just thinking, this game could use a rematch option for comp to help cut down on queue times.

Nah because no losing team will take it.

NimbusD

just hit 2250, just keep slowly slipping after hitting plat. One really bad day to bring me back to mid gold, since then just can't win consistently enough to do anything other than slowly fall lower. 50% win rate = falling no matter what I do.

Beginning of the season was so nice, people talked and coordinated, called out people. Now that's roughly 50% of my games, where the other ones might as well be quick play with people just not talking or responding even to chat. It's really annoying, those games are almost always a loss. Reaper basically walks through our group, say "hey if anyones in chat, there's a reaper... no? no one? ok well he's ulting and we're all dead, great that people can hear me"

Or worse, there's a reaper who goes behind us, "ok I got it guys" then show up there and theres two other teammates there to deal with him because they can't hear me say im doing it.... wait who's at the choke? look backl and the whole teams on point. cool.

xaosslug

Just
use reaper.
It worked at launch and it still works

this is the only way I know how to stay relevant in OW while taking week breaks

Nah because no losing team will take it.

but then what if I become really good and he becomes my new main and we can never play ranked together ever? ;P

tumblr_oc2jjj4mzh1vvlaostf.gif

Jellie

The auto aim alone changes so much stuff from S1, lol. Characters like Mei are very viable now. Zen/DVa were non factors when he played. Pretty sure he sit out the QP-S2 bridge, so yea, I think the game is pretty different if you stopped at S1.

And I don't want you to fail Soul.
I don't use hitscan heroes much so don't see the difference too much. Didn't know when he stopped playing so Zen and Dva is a big change he since he last played.

Menome

Just to check: When you guys are talking about the auto-aim fix, you mean that I should be playing with it set to 0 so that it doesn't mess up my aiming, right?

M_A_C

maybe placebo effect, but the PS4 version seems to run smoother framerate after the latest patch/firmware after playing tonight.

Hellix

Bastion players gotta be trolls, right? I mean no actual player would keep playing Bastion after continuously being steamrolled, right?

exYle

84.gif

since I played a DPS in competitive.

Man, I was so excited - my team picked two tanks, two healers, and only one DPS, so I filled in the hole!

We fucking lost and I got no medals. I haven't been DPS in way too fucking long. God damn, getting shredded as McCree and Reaper felt so embarassing

Rad-

84.gif

since I played a DPS in competitive.

This post about sums up my experience in diamond ranking. DPS spots get taken so fast and people don't generally change off them like in many platinum ranking games.

And then the one game where I get to pick McCree I had the worst game ever with him because of the long pause. At least we got a draw out of that.

Man, I was so excited - my team picked two tanks, two healers, and only one DPS, so I filled in the hole!

We fucking lost and I got no medals. I haven't been DPS in way too fucking long. God damn, getting shredded as McCree and Reaper felt so embarassing

exYle
I filled in the hole!
(Today, 02:31 AM)

Antiwhippy

Which is why if you want to be a DPS main you have to be a little selfish.

I like support and tanks and mei though so I'm good.

Ugh, this game can be so frustrating at times. Had 3 matches tonight where people dropped mid match when our team wasn't even losing. Beyond that I've found that I feel like I am consistently outperforming the people who get matched on my team.

Antiwhippy

You do not fit in the 2/2/2 meta.

Which at the lower levels people follow to their detriment. I fall into that trap from time to time too. Like if I get steamrolled because my 2 DPS couldn't keep up with the other 2 sometimes it is better to go DPS yourself to tip the balance more.

Even at the upper levels 2-2-2 isn't the golden rule to follow. Might just be people experimenting after the patch but there's a bit more variety in composition.

PatjuhR

Bastion players gotta be trolls, right? I mean no actual player would keep playing Bastion after continuously being steamrolled, right?

I saved a game yesterday by switching to attack Bastion from Zenyatta.

We steamrolled on attack in Kings Row until the last few meters. The payload was basically at the final destination. There would always be an enemy on the payload all the time for minutes long, but we where there all the time aswell. It was a constant battle untill we entered the last minute and I switched to Bastion.

I think it took 10 seconds from the moment I set myself in turret mode and we got it.

Was absolutely crushing it last night in comp solo. 3 wins in a row and 4 golds (as Zarya) midway through the 4th when i'm hit but some crazy lag. Luckily we managed to hang on for the win but it sucks having to quit when on such a good run.

OAaRV.gif

I'm actually just a salty dog because I'm at Diamond 2800 or something but since I usually play at around 2am to 4am EST on weekdays, I get stuck with the most garbage players and opponents. Most boring games on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom