• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, OK. I just went on a 4 game winning streak in competitive... I think I'mma only soloQ in the evenings from now on. >__<

aside: in 2 of the games Anubis & R66(6) I had guys 'advising' peeps on what to be. I complied (ran Rein) and we lost the first point in Anubis, switched back to D.Va and we held the sedond point and took point 1 & 2 on attack (as D.Va, again he kept asking for a Rein...). The next guy on R66(6) wanted a Rein on attack... but I stuck w/ D.Va. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ We pushed the payload almost to the 3rd point, and on attack he kept harping on the Ana on our team, going on about wanting a Mercy... we kept the enemy team from reaching the 1st point. SMH

honestly, peeps need to CHILL at the beginning of a match and just see how things shake out. If things are not working out or begin to go sideways... then ok, maybe, suggest some composition switch-ups?, but until then just chill, yo! ;)

Depending on your team comp Rein is probably a better pick than D.Va on those maps. But, I've found that playing your best character (in that class) usual works far better that picking the "recommended" one.

4 shit games in a row. I really should learn to just stop. Dammit.

EDIT: I've uninstalled Overwatch. I won't play again until Sombra comes out.

Rad-

Which at the lower levels people follow to their detriment. I fall into that trap from time to time too. Like if I get steamrolled because my 2 DPS couldn't keep up with the other 2 sometimes it is better to go DPS yourself to tip the balance more.

Even at the upper levels 2-2-2 isn't the golden rule to follow. Might just be people experimenting after the patch but there's a bit more variety in composition.

I've noticed in diamond average games people don't follow 2-2-2 as much as in platinum average games. A lot of team comps in my games lately have been more like 3 dps, 2 tanks, 1 support. I still prefer 2-2-2 because of those 2 support spots one is always Zen who is more like 60% dps 40% healer anyways.

PatjuhR

Schermafbeelding_2016_09_14_om_10_21_51.png

Feels good.

PatjuhR

I only posted because of the upwards trend that I haven't experienced in S1.

But it was from 2435 to 2729. So happy about my new rank now.

Weren't winning any of our games so on the last round I went Genji for shits and giggles.

Due to my PRO GENJI SKILLZ we steamrolled and won.

Still got bitched at for not following the 2/2/2

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, not content with running 3 tanks 3 supports NiP have been running 4 tanks 2 supports and have been succeeding.

It's early days but I'm so happy to see more weird compositions now.

Also it seems like the Koreans have some success against the NiP comp by going 3 dps themselves.

Kysen

Still, my biggest takeaway is that you should generally stay in the same range if you're performing consistently but can't get a streak going.

I can attest to this, I have been stuck in the same 100 rating bracket for days now. I'm not losing many points per loss (20-25) and getting slightly more per win. I'm sitting at exactly the same rating as season 1(59->2900~) which suggests I need to improve to get higher.

Auctopus

Have any Zens ever had a frantic moment where the harmony orb won't attach to another player? Is this a bug or am I being an idiot?

I was practicing attaching them in the spawn zone before the match and it's really snappy and reactive but there's definitely been moments mid match where I'm pressing the R1 button over and over and nothing is happening...

PatjuhR

Have any Zens ever had a frantic moment where the harmony orb won't attach to another player? Is this a bug or am I being an idiot?

I was practicing attaching them in the spawn zone before the match and it's really snappy and reactive but there's definitely been moments mid match where I'm pressing the R1 button over and over and nothing is happening...

That's weird. I never had that happening to me. And I also play PS4.

Might be something with your controller, although it's not the trigger. I had to buy a new controller because my R2 wouldn't shoot sniper rifles on BF anymore.

"You're a shitty retard." The greatest thing anyone has ever said to me in a video game. I was shaken to my core.

I need to just quit playing this game on my solo account.

AngryMoth

Blizzard needs to hurry up and patch out the crouch function. It's only used for teabagging and that shit needs to be gone.
It does have uses besides that. Can be used to sneak up on people since your footsteps can't be used when crouching and I see pro player crouch spamming when they are 1v1-ing someone like McRee to make it harder to get headshot

jorma

is now taking requests

Yes, but all of those times i've quickly realised that i'm actually pressing the L1 button :)

"WHY ISN'T IT WORK... oh.. never mind"

Auctopus

Anyone wanna play some Ranked tonight? (EU/GMT Evening)

I got Ranked Platinum ~2800 but I've just fallen to 2300 after about a dozen straight losses where i've felt completely powerless due to the ineptitude of my team. I've just been playing QP since then and actually enjoying the game.

But I'm up for some headset teamwork, I'm a good: Zen, Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier, Zarya and a half decent Hanzo.

That's weird. I never had that happening to me. And I also play PS4.

Might be something with your controller, although it's not the trigger. I had to buy a new controller because my R2 wouldn't shoot sniper rifles on BF anymore.

Yes, but all of those times i've quickly realised that i'm actually pressing the L1 button :)

"WHY ISN'T IT WORK... oh.. never mind"

I don't think it's my controller 'cause other heroes work fine. It is pretty rare though so maybe it's me.

PatjuhR

I got Ranked Platinum ~2800 but I've just fallen to 2300 after about a dozen straight losses where i've felt completely powerless due to the ineptitude of my team. I've just been playing QP since then and actually enjoying the game.

But I'm up for some headset teamwork, I'm a good: Zen, Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier, Zarya and a half decent Hanzo.

I don't think it's my controller 'cause other heroes work fine. It is pretty rare though so maybe it's me.

I also said that it couldn't be my controllers because other guns worked fine with BF. But there was some weird mechanic in it somewhere that didn't allow sniper rifles to shoot. But the rest worked for me aswell. Thought well it's only BF4 so who cares, but then it happened in the BF1 Beta aswell and I bought a new one. And with the new ones the snipers worked again.

I might play with you sometime.
No Zenyatta untill you fix your problems!

Cappa

Banned

Add me. Looking for someone to play comp with most people here group up but for quick play :(

I've had some good runs solo queuing but I'd rather team up with people who actually play as a team.

I'm best with reaper, Tracer, mei, zarya, lució and zenyatta. I'll play as anyone really as long as team needs. As long as it's not fucking hanzo bastion Ana etc hate those type of heroes

So you can see how much I suc-... I mean how good I am!

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/XxCappaXx

Skii

Probably going to finish my placement games today. I'm just hoping I can go from 4-3 to 7-3 although extremely unlikely. It's so annoying that one loss because of blizzard's servers has changed an almost guaranteed 5-2 to a 4-3. It just looks so much worse. Hoping for a platinum rank but I doubt it now.

KyleCross

Throw mei ult out and get hooked. No ult. Wut. No Dva. Ult just gone.
I swear, Mei's ult just decides to board a plane sometimes. I know it goes somewhere but no one can find it. I've only ever found it once when it did this, and it was 30 ft away... behind me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Remember that momentum acts weirdly in overwatch. The momentum of the hook combined with the momentum from mei throwing the ult out could have sent it flying.

Also got the undying achievement as mei. Feels good man.

DevilDog

I would have stopped way before that man, because you'll underperform from being so tilted.

I wasn't tilted, I never get angry when I lose, just kind of dissapointed. My team just wasn't as good as the enemy's. That or we had bad dps players that insta locked the characters they couldn't play.
When i kill 3 people solo and stay alive in the teamfight i expect to rise victorious right? Nope, my team loses the 3 v 6.
When i continuously kill both their supports I expect my team to do some work right?
Lost, every time.
When I go support and do insane things with ana, shut down multiple ults and keep the skies clear all while having gold heal we should win right?

What was worse was that I was losing 50 ranked points for a loss and only gaining 17-19.

I have a slight suspicion they meant to be tied to your eliminations and damage done.
Which is absolutely a bad idea, people get 2000+ damage just by damaging the shields and i get 500 for killing a zen and mercy as genji and people think I'm useless because I don't have gold damage.

Jellie

I swear, Mei's ult just decides to board a plane sometimes. I know it goes somewhere but no one can find it. I've only ever found it once when it did this, and it was 30 ft away... behind me.

Remember that momentum acts weirdly in overwatch. The momentum of the hook combined with the momentum from mei throwing the ult out could have sent it flying.

Also got the undying achievement as mei. Feels good man.
Makes sense since it was last point kings row and I was coming from the right side so it's possible I ended up throwing it off the edge cos of the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom