• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Winston is unstoppable in platinum ranks. People can't deal with him in KotH when he's playing super intelligently. Specifically, not starting fights, but intruding midway when people already have their targets set. He does some real work.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rein keeps charging into hanamura point B front, keeps ignoring my pleas to go top right because we keep failing the front push.

Rein charges first up on point A defense, dies, leaving us all to get steamrolled, lose whole game.

Some people should just not play rein.

LiK

I think if people play Rein, they ned to watch guides on how to Attack in maps. So much more helpful and make you play better as him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also what.

The game fucking stuck on the loading screen for me, then kicked me out due to inactivity because it's stuck in a loading screen? And I got temp banned and lost SR because of it?

Fucking really?

I think if people play Rein, they ned to watch guides on how to Attack in maps. So much more helpful and make you play better as him.

The issue with Rein a lot of the time is that no one rallies behind him except maybe Zen. Rein and Zarya are a beastly combo but 99% of the time the Zarya is going off doing dumb shit shielding herself in open fire to get energy instead of saving the shields for proper defensive use.

Without at least a dps that moves with him Rein is free as fuck

LiK

The Rapid Discord achievement is nearly impossible, as is Winston's turret achievement, since no one uses Symmetra or Torbjörn, ugh

Symm shows up in QP all the time. usually in the usual maps like Hanamura and Volskya. just gotta be lucky. i haven't gotten either of those trophies either. I don't play Winston much. i should try for kicks when I'm not in the mood for Comp.

Chance

I've met mercies who damage boost widow/hanzo just so they could see if they are hitting anyone and tell them how shit they are on chat. :p

I definitely do it to see if it's effective - if they're not hitting anything (or someone needs healing) I just fly away...

Had an Anubis defense the other day where I kept flying up to our Widow on the arch to buff and heal her. She seemed shocked!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So, felt like enemy Mei was getting way too many ults. Decided to play her a bit - is it just my imagination, of does her ult indeed charge way faster than it once did.

I got it seven times in my first game. Just felt very excessive. Every 90 seconds or so, I was freezing every enemy around the cart; destroying the offensive team's momentum.

Mixed with the healing ice block, I think I only died once.

Guess I'll play with her more. Her ability to distract and completely nullify an enemy's push is quite handy.

Rein keeps charging into hanamura point B front, keeps ignoring my pleas to go top right because we keep failing the front push.

Rein charges first up on point A defense, dies, leaving us all to get steamrolled, lose whole game.

Some people should just not play rein.

People really need to learn how to rein it in.

PatjuhR

Symm shows up in QP all the time. usually in the usual maps like Hanamura and Volskya. just gotta be lucky. i haven't gotten either of those trophies either. I don't play Winston much. i should try for kicks when I'm not in the mood for Comp.

Symmetra turrets count for Winstons trophy? Nice.

LiK

Symmetra turrets count for Winstons trophy? Nice.

Yup, Symm turrets, Torb turrets and Junkrat traps. But Symm turrets is what most people need since they're so easy to take out and you just need to get a cluster a few times. Gotta play like a dick and not really help out to get it since dying is so easy with Zen discords.

Eichenwalde, since releasing, has shown up for me one time in quick play. That was last night, enemy team stacked torbs. It was an easy win but shit man, I finally get to play that map outside of brawl and i don't even get a real game. Wish they'd remove stacking from quick play too for those of us who don't have time for ranked.

Jellie

Was changing my controls in temple of Anubis on attack and they captured A before I even changed it. 30 seconds later captured B. If only it was comp 😣

Got rapid discord randomly. No zarya required just a good team.

Skii

Haven't played McCree since launch so decided to play a couple of QP games for fun. I get the "High Noon" trophy on my first game lol. Mei's blizzard on final point of Temple of Anubis froze 5 players and high noon did the rest. I'm such a bad McCree as well.

LiK

I'm having real problems trying to get Bastion quad kill trophy. Only can get 3 max. People split up and I don't have enough time to get all 4. Need to be lucky to get two squishes close together. More annoying when Zen drops his Ult during it too.

PatjuhR

I'm having real problems trying to get Bastion quad kill trophy. Only can get 3 max. People split up and I don't have enough time to get all 4. Need to be lucky to get two squishes close together. More annoying when Zen drops his Ult during it too.

I guess that's one where you also need a Zarya ult for?

aeolist

Banned
The issue with Rein a lot of the time is that no one rallies behind him except maybe Zen. Rein and Zarya are a beastly combo but 99% of the time the Zarya is going off doing dumb shit shielding herself in open fire to get energy instead of saving the shields for proper defensive use.

Without at least a dps that moves with him Rein is free as fuck

yeah this is every pub rein game

i've watched teammates run out from behind my shield during an enemy soldier ult and instantly die

now i just tank with roadhog and laugh when people ask me to rein

LiK

I guess that's one where you also need a Zarya ult for?

pretty annoying when Rein or Zarya mitigates a bunch of damage. usually have better luck chasing down squishies. i'll keep trying in QP until i get them. that's pretty much what i do in QP now. don't even care about winning lol

PatjuhR

pretty annoying when Rein or Zarya mitigates a bunch of damage. usually have better luck chasing down squishies. i'll keep trying in QP until i get them. that's pretty much what i do in QP now. don't even care about winning lol

Haha, I've had different times I decided to go trophy hunting in QP aswell, but I always end up trying to at least contribute to the team.

I start with Genji, because he is first on the list, but I think it takes 1 minute before I already switch to a character I can help the team with.

lol I once nano boosted a Zen that was ulting.

That's amazing.

My personal favorite was when I attempted to boost an ulting Roadhog and a retreating Torb got in my way and I got him instead. The little guy did me proud though, even though it was on accident he turned around and went all in against the enemy, a tiny blue ball of fury.

Luckily for me, I got that against a random team only filled with Symmetra. I'm thinking I can only get the Rapid Discord during a friendly Zarya ult...

It's how I got my rapid discord, it's owl approved.

Had another match yesterday where I destroyed two teleporters but won the game before the third could be found/placed.
Such a tease that trophy.

LiK

Haha, I've had different times I decided to go trophy hunting in QP aswell, but I always end up trying to at least contribute to the team.

I start with Genji, because he is first on the list, but I think it takes 1 minute before I already switch to a character I can help the team with.

i still need the Genji deflect trophy. apparently you just need to be lucky. i'll try to go for that in KOTH maps since it's a clusterfuck there most of the time.

It's how I got my rapid discord, it's owl approved.

Had another match yesterday where I destroyed two teleporters but won the game before the third could be found/placed.
Such a tease that trophy.

That's like me and the floor is lava. I'm almost giving up for life on that trophy, and I love Lucio.

LiK

Yea, a lot of the trophies are hard to do and depend on luck aswell. Makes it extra awarding when you get one tho.

yup, i refuse to boost for them because getting them feels pretty amazing every time. i have 84% of the trophies now. all legit.

maouvin

lol I once nano boosted a Zen that was ulting.

I got nano boosted during Transcendence. Twice. On the same match. And we weren't even trying the hyperspeed Zen (transcendence + nano + Lucio).

Both ults were thrown closely together and it was just us two on the point (yeah), so I don't really blame that Ana.

The fact you get the chibi/pixel sprays awarded to you is a neat touch which gives more incentive than just the trophy itself.
Those sort of little rewards are how I prefer these sort of things to be handled.

I got 2481 with 6-4

I was 2640 with 6-4. I've no idea how because i played completely trash.
Then proceeded to drop to 2450 because i thought it was a good idea to play for a few hours after a trip to the pub.

Now up to 2800 after some good runs solo. Hoping to hit 3k in the next few days as i made it to 60 last season and i feel im a lot better player now.

ixJ3OZA.png

I heard the trick on that one is pushing people off with your alt fire and jump on a wall before they die.
...WHAT? That actually counts? Holy fuck, I'm sure I'll be able to get it in no time with the right timing.

Easiest to do on Lijiang's Garden or Illios' Lighthouse. I did mine on Lighthouse.
Yeah, I usually go Jet Set Radio around the Garden walls with Lucio. Will try more in the Lighthouse. I don't want to veer too far away from my team though, wallriding is fun but my team could use the boosts.

maomaoIYP

...WHAT? That actually counts? Holy fuck, I'm sure I'll be able to get it in no time with the right timing.

Yeah, I usually go Jet Set Radio around the Garden walls with Lucio. Will try more in the Lighthouse. I don't want to veer too far away from my team though, wallriding is fun but my team could use the boosts.

I actually stay on the point in Lighthouse, hide behind a wall, when the enemies come onto the point, boop them off to their death and ride a wall. The walls on the point in the Lighthouse are perfectly flat and very easy to ride.

Smilax

I can't help but feel like the ranking I received in competitive doesn't correlate well with my actual skill level.

In Season One, I played my ten placement matches as Mercy or Lucio, and I was placed at 51. My win record was 5/10. After that I took a break from Overwatch. We are talking about 2 months or so.

Now in Season Two, I waited till this week to complete my 10 placement matches, this time only playing Lucio. My win record was 9/10 and ranked at 2980, just twenty points below Diamond.

Why such a huge change? I'm guessing wins play a huge role, but besides that, what else do you think the score is based on?

I can't help but feel like the ranking I received in competitive doesn't correlate well with my actual skill level.

In Season One, I played my ten placement matches as Mercy or Lucio, and I was placed at 51. My win record was 5/10. After that I took a break from Overwatch. We are talking about 2 months or so.

Now in Season Two, I waited till this week to complete my 10 placement matches, this time only playing Lucio. My win record was 9/10 and ranked at 2980, just twenty points below Diamond.

Why such a huge change? I'm guessing wins play a huge role, but besides that, what else do you think the score is based on?

A lot of stats are factored into your placements besides just wins and losses.

Elims, Deaths, Damage/Healing done, Objective time...

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the game factors in character switches as an important factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom