• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Teetris said:
Eh, I had some sort of hope they'd go back to the old school style pokemons where they look more like animals
Thats....exactly what they did this gen, I thought at least. There's a whole lot of:

isshu-pokemon-11.jpg
isshu-pokemon-4.jpg
isshu-pokemon-29.jpg
isshu-pokemon-58.jpg
isshu-pokemon-70.jpg
isshu-pokemon-72.jpg
isshu-pokemon-63.jpg
isshu-pokemon-132.jpg
isshu-pokemon-136.jpg
isshu-pokemon-16.jpg

DMG-01

Green Scar said:
Yeah, it's weird. :/
Not a whole lot have alt formes though, right?

Gen V:
Hihidaruma
Meroetta
Kenhorou (purely cosmetic)
Shikijika + Mebujika (again, just alt looks)
Total of 5 pokemon, 2 alt stats/movepools/types, 9 alt designs*

Gen IV:
Rotom (5 alt formes)
Shaymin
Giratina
Wormadam (3 formes)
Cherrim
Total of 5 pokemon, 10 alt stats/movepools/types, 10 alt designs*

Unless there are more in Gen V that I don't know about, it looks like Gen IV had more. Personally, I'm glad that there are less alt formes; they just overcomplicate things.

*I didn't count initial formes like Wormadam grass and Shikijika spring in the calculations.

Shiggie

DMG-01 said:

Gen V:
Hihidaruma
Meroetta

Gen IV:
Rotom (5 alt formes)
Shaymin
Giratina
Wormadam (3 formes)
Cherrim

Unless there are more in Gen V that I don't know about, it looks like Gen IV had more. Personally, I'm glad that there are less alt formes; they just overcomplicate things.

*I didn't count initial formes like Wormadam grass and Shikijika spring in the calculations.
There are:D

Zilch

Banned
DMG-01 said:

Gen V:
Hihidaruma
Meroetta

Gen IV:
Rotom (5 alt formes)
Shaymin
Giratina
Wormadam (3 formes)
Cherrim

Considering people have been playing B/W for only 24 hours don't you think it's a bit premature to say that you know all the alternate formes in the game? I'll bet there's quite a few.

Looks like Serebii got the cease/desist from Nintendo as well. Uh oh!

SalsaShark said:
I never imagined Steelix moving so fluidly.

Still badass.

Doesn't he kind of move like that in Pokemon Stadium?

Zilch said:
Looks like Serebii got the cease/desist from Nintendo as well. Uh oh!

Weird, did Nintendo do something like this last generation? I seriously can't remember.

Zilch

Banned
Nah, all these pokemon sites have always featured tons of emulator screengrabs before the legit games are even out. Not sure why Nintendo's making a big deal out of this after all these years.

Aggrotek

Wow that looks nothing like Hihidaruma. o.o

I've been working on a few color changes of the sprites to see how I'd like these Pokemon to look when Shiny. Here is one of them:

shinyhope1.png

Stencil

Damn it. I was so confident I would not be buying this, but I do like the design of these pokemon more than last gen (D/P/Pt) which, mind you, isn't saying much, but coupled with the changes to Dream World abilities, I kind of want this game.

RagnarokX

Aggrotek said:
Wow that looks nothing like Hihidaruma. o.o

I've been working on a few color changes of the sprites to see how I'd like these Pokemon to look when Shiny. Here is one of them:

shinyhope1.png
It looks just like hihidaruma. It just balled itself up and turned blue. It's a defensive mode it goes into at 50% HP

Aggrotek

RagnarokX said:
It looks just like hihidaruma. It just balled itself up and turned blue. It's a defensive mode it goes into at 50% HP
I mean, I see it now that you mentioned it, but before that, I had no idea. :lol

Anth0ny

Firestorm said:
Starting to doubt the validity of the C&D letters.

Why else would Serebii take everything down? He's obviously using a rom for the screencaps, and it's the most popular Pokemon site on the web. Not surprised he got booked.

Ondore

Firestorm said:
Starting to doubt the validity of the C&D letters.

Having seen the screenshot linked on Bulbapedia, they have the average grammar quality of a Kotaku comment. I'm calling BS for now.

Rocksteady33 said:
What? Why would fan pages choose to take images down?

I think he means that the C&D letters didn't come from Nintendo, not that the fan sites are making them all up just to purge their website of images.

MechaX

Just got a chance to glance through the pokemon for this one.

I was actually expecting it to be just as crappy looking for the most part as the last two generations. But... I'm actually digging a a lot of the designs.

I was originally going to get Black version because I thought the black legendary would be in it, but apparently it's the opposite. But the Black version still has the better looking exclusives in my eyes (I must get a hold of that eagle and the Sentai-looking one). Ugh... I'm fucking 22 and I'm still getting excited over pokemon. These games cannot come to the US soon enough.

Teknoman

Shiggie said:

I really need to see Primeape and Zangoose now. Its crazy how much sprites with constant movement and dynamic camera angles add to the game.

MechaX said:
Just got a chance to glance through the pokemon for this one.

I was actually expecting it to be just as crappy looking for the most part as the last two generations. But... I'm actually digging a a lot of the designs.

I was originally going to get Black version because I thought the black legendary would be in it, but apparently it's the opposite. But the Black version still has the better looking exclusives in my eyes (I must get a hold of that eagle and the Sentai-looking one). Ugh... I'm fucking 22 and I'm still getting excited over pokemon. These games cannot come to the US soon enough.

Hey good games are good games right?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Anyone knows which pokemons will be available only through real-life / WFC activation events? (Like Mew, Darkrai, Celebi, etc)

Or, a better suited question: So far, which pokemons aren't catchable through normal methods?

I'm guessing that C.C-inspired pokemon is one of those, tho.

Guys, why do you care about version-exclusive Pokes in an era where you can get any breedable Pokemon (and let's face it, almost any non-breedable) Pokemon in about 5 minutes through wifi?

Teknoman

Pureauthor said:
Guys, why do you care about version-exclusive Pokes in an era where you can get any breedable Pokemon (and let's face it, almost any non-breedable) Pokemon in about 5 minutes through wifi?

Old school fanboy/girlism?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pureauthor said:

I'm a shy guy and interacting with strangers is outside my comfort zone. :(

Aggrotek

Teknoman said:
I really need to see Primeape and Zangoose now. Its crazy how much sprites with constant movement and dynamic camera angles add to the game.

I really wanna see Larvitar, Tyranitar, and Totodile. :D

Neiteio

Regulus Tera said:
I'm a shy guy and interacting with strangers is outside my comfort zone. :(
Isn't there a feature like in Diamond or Pearl, though, where you can simply post a Pokemon you wish to trade on the bulletin board, and write down what you want in return, and then turn off your game and come back later to possibly find that someone has traded with you? I got dozens and dozens of Pokemon that way. It was the best feeling to boot up the game and see the pokeball come down. :)

Basically, just imagine having Black version, wanting the baby vulture, so you put up the baby eagle for trading, and tell the game you want the baby vulture, you turn off the game and go away, and in no time at all someone will give you what you want, no interaction required. :)

Neiteio

I asked before and I'll ask again: When can we expect to see all the official Sugimori art? Isn't there someone in Japan who got the player's guide with the game and scanned the artwork or something??

Also, I think it's time I updated my avatar. If I want to use one of those PNG sprite files as my avatar, how can I gain permission to do it?

So every frame of the front view, the back, the shiny versions, and any other alternate/gender form of 640-something pokemon? The spriters have a hell of a lot to do. :/

And here's something I just kinda noticed.
2envk8y.jpg

43383.gif

Top Bottom