• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

How the heck do I find my friendcode? So much has changed since Pokemon Blue. D:

Go to your 3ds home screen and click on the orange happy face in the upper middle of the screen , then go to your mii and it will say your code right on the card

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
No prob, anything was fine.
I'll give to Junko and Hedge since they quoted first; add me once you find your FC.

DIttos are where you first meet the 8th Gym Leader.

Ibuki

Banned
No prob, anything was fine.
I'll give to Junko and Hedge since they quoted first; add me once you find your FC.

DIttos are where you first meet the 8th Gym Leader.

Did you already post your code? Feel free to PM it if you don't want to post it.

Mine is: 2208-4425-4567

I've noticed something quite interesting, all these new pokemon appear to have weaker stats than previous gens? Am I crazy? all these new dudes are dying left and right over moves that wouldn't even make a Jigglypuff flinch.

Hedge

I've noticed something quite interesting, all these new pokemon appear to have weaker stats than previous gens? Am I crazy? all these new dudes are dying left and right over moves that wouldn't even make a Jigglypuff flinch.

Dunno, my Furfrou is basically laying waste to anything it touches.

Hedge

Spent like 2 hours on it this morning, got nothing good. But I give away nothing good so I guess I deserve it.

I started giving a pikachu away, and an hour later - when I recieved a pikachu back - I decided I had come full circle and should just call it quits. :p

I just caught a shiney flabebe! Sometimes I dont even pay attention to the differences most of the time.
What I do not like with this game is that you have to battle without saving in order to get the Kanto starters. So I restarted the game at least 8 times and I still didnt get a female charmander. UGH!
I also have no incentive to use my Charmander yet since he has the worst nature combination so will save for breeding a female later. It is better to spend time on new pokemons.

Can someone explain to me how Super Training works opposed to previous EV training. This is actually worse if I am forced to use it. Doing mindless minigames of each stat is cumbersome. Will the EV values increase regardless of im using Super Training or not?

So far the game looks amazing. Truly a big leap with graphics since the Pokemon series has always been a bit on the ugly side.

So I'm trying to get a Sylveon.

and it takes for fucking ever for an Evee to show up.

Finallly shows up..

Doesn't know a fairy move.

fuck life.

When is the next fairy move it learn or is there an early TM i can get.?

I caught a female Eevee that I wanted to evolve into Sylveon and it came with a fairy move. I wanted to try breeding it and when I left it at the daycare they replaced the fairy move :'(

So does 3D only work in battles or am I missing something? It doesn't seem to add anything in the overworld.

It does nothing except during special scenes (like fireworks scene is in 3D). The 3D is also incredibly weak in battle too. This is bad since I do not even like 3D much!

ugoo18

Damm i got the wrong nature for the event torchic and i already saved after receiving it.

Do i have to delete my save and start again to get another shot at it and the soft reset method or can i just release the torchic to redownload it?

EDIT: nvm had to delete it :/ ah well lol

storafötter;85867948 said:
Can someone explain to me how Super Training works opposed to previous EV training. This is actually worse if I am forced to use it. Doing mindless minigames of each stat is cumbersome. Will the EV values increase regardless of im using Super Training or not?

In short, there's two aspects to super training: the minigames and the punching bags. The minigames are the main part of super training and come in 3 levels plus a secret level (unlocked after you max out a Pokemon's EVs, those stages give out rare items instead of EVs). I suggest taking some random Pokemon you don't care about and clear ALL the minigames for at least the first two levels so you have them all unlocked (to unlock level 2 you have to clear all level 1 levels, same for level 3 but with 2. Clearing all level 3 games doesn't unlock anything).

When you play a minigame, if you win you get a certain amount of EVs in the appropriate stat (4 for level 1, 8 for 2, 12 for 3) as well as a punching bag, typically of the same stat with better performance in the minigame giving a better bag. EVs also determine how well you perform in the minigames, the ones I know are that special attack and attack increase the damage your hits do while speed increases the speed of the platform you move on. I believe the defenses improve the charge rate of your shots while HP decreases the points penalty from being hit. Don't worry about those though, just focus on whatever EVs you want to train. I do suggest starting at level 1 then moving on to 2 and finally 3 even when you have them all unlocked though: the level 3s without any EVs at all are pretty tough.

Now, the punching bags are pretty much just as important as the minigames though. You can hold up to 12 of them (plus whatever one you're using at the time) and they're single use. While your Pokemon will very slowly punch it on its own (like once per minute) it's a much better idea to tap on the screen yourself to speed it up. The "blank" punching bag gives you a random bag occasionally after enough hits or you can get bags through the minigames as I said above. There's bags that give you EVs (1 for S bags, 4 for M, and I think 12 for L), ones that give you a boost in the next minigame you play, and perhaps most importantly the reset bag. You can get a reset bag by hitting the blank punching bag until the RNG blesses you, and you can use it to reset all EVs to 0.

Yes you can still gain EVs the old way, however Super Training is much faster and arguably more entertaining since you don't have to worry about what Pokemon you fight. It's also much faster and you can do it right from the start, I fully EV trained my Fennekin in about an hour from scratch. It can start off slow but gets really fast as you gain more EVs and the minigames become easier and easier.

Oh, also, EVs max out at 252 this time, no need to keep track of them at all and you can see your EVs in a chart on the super training page as well as how many EVs your Pokemon has total in the green bar.

Lord Phol

I've done about 5-7 wonder trades and so far I've only gotten pokemons that I currently don't have. I wonder if it's actually trying to match people that way, pretty neat nonetheless.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
storafötter;85867948 said:

I'd actually say this is easier than typical EV training. You gain raw points and they tend to be plentiful.

Also the mini games are surprisingly fun, especially in higher levels.

This is my new team.. Put Snorlax and Combusken in the box.

Wanted more variety and some new Pokemon I have never really used before. I'm at 2nd Gym Leader now.

x0ulUxO.jpg

Love reading posts of people who've clearly never played Pokemon (or at least not since first gen) but still want to 'enlighten' Pokemon fans by telling us just how little the games have changed and how it's the same game but now 3D.

Slitting wrists is the only solution.

ooooo just wonder traded a metapod and received an eevee in return from a japanese player.

I was like YES! and promptly turned it into a jolteon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom