• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
There was a poll last year after Trump was "in the running" that asked if one would be more or less likely to vote for a candidate if they were endorsed by Trump. Something like 60% said they'd be less likely to vote for that person if Trump endorsed them.

Him coming back into the spotlight could probably help Obama way more than attacks on Bain could.

What makes it worse is that Romney's campaign was promoting a dinner with him and Trump for donors.

thefro

The visuals on TV were awful for Mitt today.

Romney sucking up to Trump, walking down in the airport with the "TRUMP" jet in the background. Total TV ad stuff.

Averon

The longer this birtherism stuff continues, the more it helps Obama. I can't imagine the Romney camp being happy about this.

Tim-E

I applaud Wolf for not letting Trump get away with that nonsense and making him look worse. You know you're a dumbass when Wolf Blitzer is able to make you look pathetic.

There was a poll last year after Trump was "in the running" that asked if one would be more or less likely to vote for a candidate if they were endorsed by Trump. Something like 60% said they'd be less likely to vote for that person if Trump endorsed them.

Him coming back into the spotlight could probably help Obama way more than attacks on Bain could.

That was months ago. People are more concerned with the economy

That was months ago. People are more concerned with the economy
Please tell us more, Mitt.

andy-richter-jeopardy.jpg
Well, Dana, at least you looked good doing it.

Two obscenely rich buffoons who made their fame by firing people rubbing shoulders together? I wonder who at Romney camp thought this was a good idea.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So Mittens apparently said recently that the government added 145k workers after Obama took office. Anyone know where he's getting these numbers?

Drakeon

So Mittens apparently said recently that the government added 145k workers after Obama took office. Anyone know where he's getting these numbers?

I don't understand, why would this be a bad thing? Jobs are jobs, a lot of unemployed would happily take government jobs if it meant no longer being unemployed right?

Were they not included in the unemployment figures?
People employed with the Census Bureau were counted as employed; I have no idea what conservameme you're referencing.

I don't understand, why would this be a bad thing? Jobs are jobs, a lot of unemployed would happily take government jobs if it meant no longer being unemployed right?
The conservative thinking is that government jobs are supported by the taxpayer, and therefore are not real jobs. Some go so far as to call them a drag on the economy, regardless of the size of the public sector relative to the private, or how necessary the jobs in question are.

Amir0x

Banned
If it's upheld, then the election is pretty much in the bag for Obama.

i'd say something approaching a 0% chance of it being upheld. Quote this.

Supreme Court is so fucked, reason why Obama must be re-elected... because if Romney is, the Supreme Courts may be irrevocably unbalanced for the next generation, opening the way for decisions far crazier than Citizen United and the Health Care Reform knock down.

The Supreme Court in its current form is already terrible; it would be catastrophic if Romney can manage to nominate even one more conservative nutcase.

Chumly

It would be good if it were actually true. It is certainly the first I have ever heard of that amount but I would love to be corrected. I am assuming he is using the temp census workers or some other bullshit that doesn't even count.

Drakeon

It would be good if it were actually true. It is certainly the first I have ever heard of that amount but I would love to be corrected. I am assuming he is using the temp census workers or some other bullshit that doesn't even count.

Oh yea, its definitely the census workers. I'm just saying, the logic of using this as an attack against Obama when the primary thing people care about right now is jobs is astounding to me.

Oh lololol. Y'all should download the brand new official 'With Mitt' iOS app from the Romney campaign right now before it gets pulled to get updated. It's an app for taking your photo with various "With Mitt" brandings applied. Except there is a problem with the first option it shows you...

EyYwX.jpg

Presumably all of them would. And, yes, it'd be a good thing. Unfortunately, rich Americans have successfully brainwashed a good chunk of the American people to snarl at work when it's offered by the government. Federal government employment has remained remarkably steady in absolute numbers since the 1970's, i.e., it hasn't grown with the population. Its failure to expand is basically a drag on the economy and the cause of some portion of unemployment.

My preference would be for the federal government to offer a job to anybody who wants to work.

Chumly

Oh yea, its definitely the census workers. I'm just saying, the logic of using this as an attack against Obama when the primary thing people care about right now is jobs is astounding to me.

I agree with you. Obviously its a cheap republican scare tactic that he is doing. Its even MORE insulting that he is most likely using the census worker counts which is just downright dirty. But this is Mitt Romney were talking about so I guess it shouldn't be that surprising. A huge increase in government jobs right now would be a huge boon to the economy but of course its taboo due to the brainwashing that conservatives have done.

Oh lololol. Y'all should download the brand new official 'With Mitt' iOS app from the Romney campaign right now before it gets pulled to get updated. It's an app for taking your photo with various "With Mitt" brandings applied. Except there is a problem with the first option it shows you...

EyYwX.jpg
Took me a second to see it. Did they get Capcom to develop it for them?

So Romney clinched the GOP nomination today by winning Texas primary (97% reporting):

Mitt Romney
69%

Ron Paul
12%

Rick Santorum
8%

Gotta love the Santorum protest votes.

eznark

Banned
Obama offends an entire country by accusing them of participating in the holocaust.

Romney pays an apparent moron to make him an app.

Which will get more press play?

Romney's app was referring to America.

No shit?

It is a bit more fun to laugh at an app with the most important and prevalent word misspelled than it is Nazi death camps.

And you linked to an actual article written about the Obama quote while the app stuff is just in this thread thus far.

AntoneM

Obama offends an entire country by accusing them of participating in the holocaust.

Romney pays an apparent moron to make him an app.

Which will get more press play?

One plays well the other doesn't. The report on what Obama said would basically entail Whitehouse officials explaining that the president misspoke, blah blah blah. The Romney campaign gaffe is both funny and has pictures to go along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom