• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
My mother thinks steadfastly that he's going to get recalled, she says that anti-Walker even from people who initially supported him is pretty thick in Kenosha, which is one of the largest population centers in the state.

It's also heavily democratic and heavily union so that makes sense.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Which counties are the ones to watch for Barrett?

Anywhere urban I think, so Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Madison...maybe Green Bay. The vast majority of the state's population is in those five counties.

EDIT: Wikipedia says I missed several, whoops. There's actually ten or so that I'd say are important.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
No way Walker gets recalled. Recalls out of spite instead of outright corruption are always a bad idea and weakens the republic.

EDIT - Taking notice of early reporting from several counties has Walker gaining an even bigger share than he got in 2010.

Drakeon

No way Walker gets recalled. Recalls out of spite instead of outright corruption are always a bad idea and weakens the republic.

EDIT - Taking notice of early reporting from several counties has Walker gaining an even bigger share than he got in 2010.

Eh, Gray Davis wasn't corrupt, but California still recalled him.

RDreamer

Wow, they're interviewing people in Milwaukee that are still waiting in line to vote. This girl that's on TV now has been waiting for over 2 hours now. Crazy.

FWIW Dane, Kenosha and Milwaukee are still at about approximately fuck all %

Milwaukee at least is still voting. There are still hours of lines in Milwaukee.

eznark

Banned
Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict
#WIrecall The Cook Political Report does not "call" races, but in my view, Scott Walker (R) has clearly beaten back the recall.

He is outperforming 10 everywhere so far. I'm feeling good about my 6% call, but bad about the entertaining prospect of a recall.

Wow, they're interviewing people in Milwaukee that are still waiting in line to vote. This girl that's on TV now has been waiting for over 2 hours now. Crazy.

Milwaukee at least is still voting. There are still hours of lines in Milwaukee.

I don't think this is going to be settled by 11, if that's the case.

eznark

Banned
I don't think this is going to be settled by 11, if that's the case.

It'll be settled long before then. Walker is outperforming 2010 in Madison. At this point, the Van Wanggaard race is all that is left.

Hey, Waukesha is reporting ahead of Dane! It's a record!

This is interesting. From KOS, so take it with whatever salt grains you like-

Walker also appears to have lost ground among women. He lost women by three points, 48% to 51%, in 2010. But this time he is losing them by 12 points, 56% to 44%.

(Chris Bowers): Walker won independents 56%-42% in 2010. According to exit polls, he only won them 50%-49% this time around.

The first batch of exit polls had Obama winning 51-45, which means that the second batch (afternoon voters) was heavily Democratic.

In other words, the after-work vote.

This doesn't look like 2010 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom