• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Wow, talk about a fucking mandate.

Dems just gave Walker a massive vote of confidence. Smart move. Maybe right to work will be on the table after all.

All the senate races being reported are clown shows as well.

Me and my father have been conversing over this sad state of affairs, and I'm afraid he's going to burst into flames. It's getting ridiculous on every level imaginable.

Lax Mike

Neo Member

That doesn't seem like something that Walker or any Party higher-ups would approve of. If not for moral standards, than certainly due to the common sense that it would easily come to light.

My guess, some lackey thought, "Everyone's going to be so impressed with my idea! It's so smart, and after he wins, I'm sure Mr. Walker will give me a big promotion for showing initiative!"

Maddow had an interesting segment earlier about how by destroying unions the GOP essentially also destroys the last remaining major donors to democratic candidates.

clevergirl.gif

eznark

Banned
Van Wanggaard results starting to come in. He's up 30 with 10% reporting. I'm going to assume none of that is the cities.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Looking closer to 6 at this point. Waukesha is only 10% reported and Walker is staying within 10 points in Dane. He did shockingly well in the Madison suburbs.

He'll probably still will Dane co by about 20.Barret is getting slaughtered everywhere else. It can't look like this for Obama in 2012.

ezekial45

Banned
Maddow had an interesting segment earlier about how by destroying unions the GOP essentially also destroys the last remaining major donors to democratic candidates.

clevergirl.gif

That's characteristic of Walker's term so far, see the voter ID law as well.

It's shit like this that makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and say 'fuck it'.

It's fucking horrifying how they can cajole and cripple voters like this. Not to mention all those damn ads and robocalls.

I'm very worried about the presidential election in november. Especially with Romney's corporate backing.

Jesus....

So let's see... Walker about to win comfortably, every E3 conference was terribad except for Ubisoft's, and Miami's probably going to go up 3-2 tonight.

Fuck this week.

e: And now Kosmo-lite posted!

Kevitivity

Pretty fantastic news tonight. California needs to so something simular, but I doubt it would be possible. Anyone have the numbers on how much Democrats in the state spent on this recall election?

They already are.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Amazing how Walker doesn't get recalled. Aren't there criminal investigations involving him too? Wisconsin is just stupid. I'm ashamed to be their neighbor but then we elected Timmy The Tool, twice...so we're not much brighter.

Romney is too busy admiring the original Hitler art hanging in the house of one of his billionaire donors tonight to notice, I guess. I wonder if they will raffle off his signed copy of Mein Kampf to raise funds.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, that's what I meant. Amazing how Walker doesn't get recalled. Aren't there criminal investigations involving him too? Wisconsin is just stupid. I'm ashamed to be their neighbor but then we elected Timmy The Tool, twice...so we're not much brighter.

I swear to got we're not normally!

Kevitivity

Romney is too busy admiring the original Hitler art hanging in the house of one of his billionaire donors tonight to notice, I guess. I wonder if they will raffle off his signed copy of Mein Kampf to raise funds.

Republicans are Nazi's and Democrats are Superheros. You will do well in Hollywood, Gary.

Averon

So let's see... Walker about to win comfortably, every E3 conference was terribad except for Ubisoft's, and Miami's probably going to go up 3-2 tonight.

Fuck this week.

e: And now Kosmo-lite posted!

Don't forget the SC HC ruling. Could still be announced this week. Maybe even tomorrow morning. This week could easily get worse.

eznark

Banned

Maybe the guy makes really good coffee, Gary.

eznark

Banned
Kleefisch won. So when Shuster is proven right (lol) and Walker is indicted, Becs will be the new governor. God help Wisconsin.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I don't expect an upset, but I do see the final numbers from Madison/Milwaukee making it a close finish and not a mandate (but we all saw what Bush Jr. thought of as a mandate).

Silver Lining:

NY times exit poll has general election results: Obama 53, Romney 42. Though the exit polls show much tighter race in Walker election than the actual current results (by a lot). So maybe exit poll is garbage.

So does Walker stay in Wisconsin or go for the presidency in 2016 (if Obama wins)? Seems like it would make sense to let Christie have 2016 and keep on trucking in Wisconsin imo

Scotusblog says HCR Ruling will be in the last 2 weeks of June. So Chill out buys.

The other shoe doesn't drop until then.

So does Walker stay in Wisconsin or go for the presidency in 2016 (if Obama wins)? Seems like it would make sense to let Christie have 2016 and keep on trucking in Wisconsin imo

Christie/Walker 2016 you say?

Silver Lining:

NY times exit poll has general election results: Obama 53, Romney 42. Though the exit polls show much tighter race in Walker election than the actual current results (by a lot). So maybe exit poll is garbage.

Big problem with Exit Polls - Doesn't include Absentee ballots. Absentee Ballots got counted first and you see how much they were for Walker.

Fuck this week.
At least Watch_Dogs looks like the best thing since sliced bread and it's set in Chicago. Whee! Too bad it wont be released until 2013 holidays at the earliest :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom