• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more a comment on how y'all in this thread should feel ashamed for being enthusiastic about such a hawkish candidate. Grudgingly acceptant, yes; enthusiastic, no.

Also, 73-22-5 compared to 51-14-35 implies that when you take out Don't Knows, Clinton is on 77-23 and Sanders is on 78-22, so... there's effectively no difference (this matches with the CBS/NYT poll, see my post in the Trump supernova thread). The difference isn't in favourability (most Democrats see other Democrats favourably for obvious reasons), but in enthusiasm; a much higher proportion of Sanders' supporters are enthusiastic about him than Clinton's supporters are about her.

She needs to be hawkish in this election. Would I rather Obama get a third term? Of course. Am I as enthusiastic as I was in 2008/2012? No. But I'm really enthusiastic to see the proverbial beat down the tag team combo of Bill, Hill and Barry will bring to the eventual Republican candidate.

Cerium

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

qto4qYW.png

It was more a comment on how y'all in this thread should feel ashamed for being enthusiastic about such a hawkish candidate. Grudgingly acceptant, yes; enthusiastic, no.

Also, 73-22-5 compared to 51-14-35 implies that when you take out Don't Knows, Clinton is on 77-23 and Sanders is on 78-22, so... there's effectively no difference (this matches with the CBS/NYT poll, see my post in the Trump supernova thread). The difference isn't in favourability (most Democrats see other Democrats favourably for obvious reasons), but in enthusiasm; a much higher proportion of Sanders' supporters are enthusiastic about him than Clinton's supporters are about her.
Yeah if you just disregard the actual numbers and make up new ones he's doing great!

Rubio is an empty establishment figure. Even if he gets the nomination, there's not going to be the enthusiasm he needs to have any chance of becoming president. He's a good talker, but it's obvious the ideas aren't his own.
I wouldn't even say that. I know my friend sourshoes likes him, but rubio has even less personality than Mitt Romeny (who was a somewhat likeable figure actually). I have heard rubio speak a lot, and he is the most boring fucking person that ever lived.
That's great. I was hoping he'd make the DNC one more time.

2016 is going to be interesting. You'll have Obama, loved by the base, Clinton, loved by pretty much everyone, and Carter, whose image has been rehabilitated greatly since his presidency and he's pretty well-regarded as a diplomat and peacemaker. Compared to the RNC where they'll just jizz over Reagan's figurative corpse for four nights while the two living GOP presidents are shoved in the closet.
Oh so now we're going to start being figurative, lol

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah if you just disregard the actual numbers and make up new ones he's doing great!

Bru, taking out "don't know" is not "making up numbers". The HillShills in this thread sweatin' mad, gonna Hillsplain me some more I suspect.

It's REALLY HARD not to see "anti-abortion" groups as "anti-sex" groups:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A rapid increase in the number of U.S. women turning to intra-uterine devices to prevent pregnancy has prompted escalating attacks on the birth control method from groups that oppose abortion.

The next battle will be at the U.S. Supreme Court, which has agreed to consider a new religious challenge to contraceptives coverage under President Barack Obama's healthcare law. Although the case deals broadly with whether religiously affiliated groups should be exempt from providing birth control coverage to their employees, some parties in the case have focused specifically on IUDs.

IUDs work primarily by preventing sperm from reaching an egg. But they have come under fire from anti-abortion groups because, in rare instances, they can prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus. Those who believe that life begins at conception consider blocking implantation to be terminating a pregnancy rather than preventing pregnancy.

"IUDs are a life-ending device," said Mailee Smith, staff counsel for the Americans United for Life, which filed an amicus brief in support of the challenge before the high court. "The focus of these cases is that requiring any life-ending drug is in violation of the Religious Freedom Act."

http://news.yahoo.com/u-iud-attracts-opposition-anti-abortion-groups-060750159.html?nf=1

Makai

Bru, taking out "don't know" is not "making up numbers". The HillShills in this thread sweatin' mad, gonna Hillsplain me some more I suspect.
Haha. I'm noticing a similarity between your PoliGAF posts and your Mafia playstyle.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Haha. I'm noticing a similarity between your PoliGAF posts and your Mafia playstyle.

maybe ive been lying about my alignment all along

D:

also why are you not in this season. i wanted revenge. ;_;

I honestly don't understand how Republicans are so controlled by the NRA.

Flying is way more important than gun ownership, but no fly lists are okay to stop someone from being able to do their job or meet their family while no fly lists are not good enough to stop them from buying murder toys? The no fly list is trash, but that they want to keep it while allowing those people to buy guns is fucking stupid and a ridiculous contradiction.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am. They stuck me in the normal game for some reason: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145600

You have no idea how relieved I was when you died. Really proud of that game. Definitely the GOAT victory.

Huh. I missed that. And yeah, I knew you were up to no good but I derailed onto Czar because he was up to more no good and then we went out together. ;_; Your win was impressive.

BTW, everyone in PoliGAF should join MafiaGAF. There's voting and it's very political and there might even be opinion polls.

Makai

The Republican debates remind me a lot of Mafia. Somebody's about to reveal that Trump is a secret Democrat but they end up looking scummy. Jeb Bush role-claims Frontrunner but he's clearly a Low-Energy Follower.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I bet Trump is terrified, Jeb!'s PACs have already proved a formidable force.

dramatis

So I went and actually watched The Jeb Story. A few things:
  • The only people they could get to interview about how great Jeb was were all white
  • When they pivoted to foreign policy issue at the end I was fearing Jeb would mention his brother, which his SuperPAC was smart enough not to do
  • "The Jeb Story" is not very compelling...This Jeb character is pretty boring
  • Jeb's major governor issues were...a really bad hurricane season and how he was a veto monster
  • The doc was sort of polished but not particularly stylistic

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I bet Trump is terrified, Jeb!'s PACs have already proved a formidable force.
lol incredibly unlikely

Edit: This cycle has shown unlimited money is not always effective if you don't directly control it. I am not ruling out scenarios where it is effective, but you can't pay campaign staff or pay for field offices with it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Benji is an anarcho-capitalist. I don't think you could put him into either party without stretching like a motherfucker.

I mean, the Republican party is capitalist and they're certainly in anarchy right now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just curious. Do they post often? I enjoy seeing opposing points of views.

I think it's probably pretty difficult for Republican-affiliated posters right now because the party is a total mess; if you're in favour of a smaller state you don't really have an acceptable vehicle right now and I don't think there are many posters who'd want to be beaten round the head with the Trump ascendancy because there's not really a strong response. You'd have more luck in a political philosophy thread as opposed to a straight up political one.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure this story will endear Jeb with the base.
Nothing like a little mafia style "protection" to bring them fearfully back into the fold "That's a nice congressional majority you have there, would be a shame if anything... happened to it."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Me, although I don't post very much anymore--despite my strong beliefs, I'm not really that keen on arguing, especially when I'd be 1 person arguing against 20 :p

"Extremely unpredictable phenomenon" is, indeed, an accurate description of Herman Cain.
would you describe him as... hurriCain like?

Wilsongt

Does everyone have their conservative and gop candidates twitters open for the carnival of twat responses after Obama speaks?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The optics on this are terrible. Podium in front of a desk, and the teleprompter is WAY off, so he is looking away from the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom