• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The article gave me the impression that the part where people make cases before voting is important. Is that not the case? Though Trump's voters are heavily locked in so it doesn't seem like it would make a difference so I guess that makes sense.

It is important, but I'm sure there's going to be some shameless racists who will make the case. Besides, so long as the final vote is private it may not actually matter.

HylianTom

Banned
CWw61n8XIAAQGcy

That's a pretty nice endorsement from an area where Trump could stand to improve his margins..

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And is going to happen again :p

Even her camp is admitting it:

I CANT wait for Iowa.

Do you know how fundraising e-mails work? Candidates are never winning in those, they're always a step away from losing and only your $25 donation can save them from the brink of death.

HylianTom

Banned
Is "self loathing" really a demographic?

(Hehe..)

I see her as more tied to the evangelical movement; if she makes self-identified evangelicals feel a bit better about voting for him and it moves polls among these voters by a few points in his direction, it could make a difference in a tight state.

Farmboy

Just checking the temperature of the PoliGAF hivemind: are we still rooting for Trump to get the nomination? Or should we prefer Cruz?

Owzers

i hope Hillary apologizes to Trump if she can't prove her claim about ISIS using videos of Trump to help recruit. What is her defense going to be, she remembers seeing them on tv?

Dunno. On one hand I think a Trump nomination would effectively destroy the GOP in the mind of voters for years. On the other hand my fear would be some type of event - say, Hillary going to jail, October Surprise, some type of accident etc - resulting in his election.

Pastry

Banned
i hope Hillary apologizes to Trump if she can't prove her claim about ISIS using videos of Trump to help recruit. What is her defense going to be, she remembers seeing them on tv?

Why apologize when the accused spouts inaccurate bull unapologetically on a consistent basis?

Do you know how fundraising e-mails work? Candidates are never winning in those, they're always a step away from losing and only your $25 donation can save them from the brink of death.

Bingo. I received about 9 million of these types of emails from Obama's team in 2012. "This new poll (from crappy pollster x) shows Romney leading in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan! Donate now!"

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just checking the temperature of the PoliGAF hivemind: are we still rooting for Trump to get the nomination? Or should we prefer Cruz?

I think Trump is still the most likely to lose the general election.

I also think there's an argument to be made that Trump would be a better president than Cruz just because Trump would actually compromise with the left while Cruz basically defined his political career by being the one that will never give an inch to liberals on anything. On the other hand, Trump's xenophobic border security talk is downright terrifying.

Basically Trump would be better than Cruz in practically every situation except for that one thing, but one thing is huge and probably is enough to make Cruz preferable. Giving either a chance to win the presidency would be extremely terrifying.

Either way, I suppose going all in on hoping to elect Hillary is the best option, so I guess I'd hope for Trump.

lol. Hillary is probably going to rout bernie 48 or 49 out of 50 states in a few months.
I dunno why you guys keep responding to Melkr_ as if he's actually being serious, he's baited you so many times at this point

ivysaur12

Banned
Kasich and Rubio are the only candidates who could beat Hillary, and I'm suspect to Rubio's path towards the nomination. Kasich obviously has no shot.

Bush would be an Obama-2012 esque win for Hillary. Trump and Cruz would be something different.

Cerium

Game Change had a lovely passage about that time Plouffe and Axelrod had to awkwardly approach Michelle and ask if the whitey tape could possibly exist.

Covering all the bases.

Whitewater? As in rapids? I thought I had heard all the conspiracy theories.

It's part of $hillary's attempts to drown anyone who doesn't agree with her. She's responsible for global warming. The rising sea levels? It's all her. After she had Vince Foster murdered, she knew she couldn't be so open. She's basically Doctor Evil. The only way to appease her is to sacrifice 30 White House Interns. But they have to be virgins, so we better get there before Bill does.

The Whitewater Development shit show that the GOP tried to use to bring down Bill and Hillary in the early 90s?

And HAHAHAHA at Christie on top of Bush. That can't be comfortable for him.

Trump will bring up literally every single old scandal in Hillarys history in general debates again her

He'll bring up Monica Lewinsky multiple times every debate. Because it's such an easy attack and will get the idiots who support him an easy laugh. Every old as hell story line involving the Clintons over the next several months will come back allllll over again. And hell fuel the gamer gate sexism hate speech unlike anything we've ever seen.

It's why in terms of a victory I feel like trump getting the nom would be a good thing.. But because of what the process of getting there would be like I really hope it doesn't happen. It will be an incredibly bad and hostile period of time

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's part of $hillary's attempts to drown anyone who doesn't agree with her. She's responsible for global warming. The rising sea levels? It's all her. After she had Vince Foster murdered, she knew she couldn't be so open. She's basically Doctor Evil. The only way to appease her is to sacrifice 30 White House Interns. But they have to be virgins, so we better get there before Bill does.

The Whitewater Development shit show that the GOP tried to use to bring down Bill and Hillary in the early 90s?

And HAHAHAHA at Christie on top of Bush. That can't be comfortable for him.

Ahh right, I was like 3 at the time so I don't really have a great memory of stuff that happened around then.

Emerson College (12/17-12/20)

Trump: 36% (+4)
Cruz: 21% (+15)
Rubio: 13% (-1)
Carson: 7% (-16)
Christie: 6% (+2)
Bush: 6% (-2)
Fiorina: 5% (-1)
Kasich: 3% (-)
Paul: 1% (+1)
Huckabee: 1% (-3)

The Rubio surge is going to happen any day now. I can feel it.

So now Trump needs to find a way to stop that Cruz surge.

:LOL EL YEBE

Trump will bring up literally every single old scandal in Hillarys history in general debates again her

He'll bring up Monica Lewinsky multiple times every debate. Because it's such an easy attack and will get the idiots who support him an easy laugh. Every old as hell story line involving the Clintons over the next several months will come back allllll over again. And hell fuel the gamer gate sexism hate speech unlike anything we've ever seen.

It's why in terms of a victory I feel like trump getting the nom would be a good thing.. But because of what the process of getting there would be like I really hope it doesn't happen. It will be an incredibly bad and hostile period of time

No, no. Bring them up. Please. I want Trump to. You know that at some point he'll bring out the old "She couldn't keep her man happy, so she couldn't keep us happy either." I need that shit in my veins. But, ya, he'll bring it all up. Anything he can throw at her he will.

This is one of teh reasons I love Hillary. She's been through this shit show for decades. You're not gonna land any new blows against her. The public already knows this stuff. There will be no October surprise. With Sanders, lord knows what you'd end up getting. I mean, I know they'd bring out the tapes of him saying how great Castro was and whatever. Those things are new to the American people. The GOPs attempts to destroy Hillary are tired, worn out and over used.
"Tired, worn out and over used" ias also something my Grindr profile says....

Ahh right, I was like 3 at the time so I don't really have a great memory of stuff that happened around then.

: shakes fist :

Get off my lawn! You young kids with your Tumblrs and your Twatters and whatnot.

(I'm only 28...but I often feel old af)

Rubio, bruh, homie what are you doing son?

i didnt make too much of a big deal with the missed votes but no showing NH and skipping the $1Trillion bill vote is some questionable shit...

He's a smart dude but im trying to figure out the bigger picture

my rubio gaf vote is slowly wavering

i didnt make too much of a big deal with the missed votes but no showing NH and skipping the $1Trillion bill vote is some questionable shit...

I hate to bring it up again, but doesn't it seem like he's not really running for president, perhaps because he knows the end is nigh? Meanwhile he's attending every fundraiser he can and is making connections.

I think he'll be running for governor in a few years.

Dunno. On one hand I think a Trump nomination would effectively destroy the GOP in the mind of voters for years. On the other hand my fear would be some type of event - say, Hillary going to jail, October Surprise, some type of accident etc - resulting in his election.
Just like Romney's Hail Mary in Ohio?

User 406

Banned
Rubio would totally be our first slacker President, if unavoidable problems didn't keep getting in his way like missing Senate votes and not doing anything to rally popular support. But those football games won't watch themselves, bro, amirite?

I hate to bring it up again, but doesn't it seem like he's not really running for president, perhaps because he knows the end is nigh? Meanwhile he's attending every fundraiser he can and is making connections.

must be, i mean he aint running for reelection(or he cant anyways?) or wants to be VP instead.

i'll give him one more month

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

He's waiting for 2020/2024, IMO.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

I want this to be wrong but I struggle to find real holes in it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I've been thinking the same thing for a long time now, he's not been running the campaign of a guy trying to win the nomination. It's the campaign of a guy trying to raise his profile.

So, what do ya'll think is O'Malley's end game here? I mean, he'll be out after Iowa or New Hampshire (probably Iowa), but what's his goal? Is it to position himself as a potential 2024 candidate? I mean, coming 3rd in a 3 way race doesn't scream winner. And, by then, assuming we have two terms of Hillary, he'd have to go up against whomever she selects as her successor/Vice President. (Which, I genuinely think if the nominee is Trump it's going to be Castro. He'd been fairly untouchable regarding the experience argument as Trump has about as much experience as a wet noodle in a rain storm). So, what's he playing at...other than my heart? He's burned way too many bridges to expect a role in a Clinton White House, and he's too establishment, I should think, for Sanders to consider as well.

Also, am I the only one who play(ed) the game "The Political Machine"? Did anyone else here play that?

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm excited. I just received confirmation that I won a $5000 Scholarship for my short story. It's also up for publication representing young, queer writers.

Cerium

Why would Rubio's staff go along with an unserious bid? What's in it for them? I find it more likely that they're just incompetent and taking too much for granted.

Also Rubio is losing his hair fast, he'll be bald in 4 to 8 years and won't be able to run on his good looks anymore.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why would Rubio's staff go along with an unserious bid? What's in it for them? I find it more likely that they're just incompetent and taking too much for granted.

Also Rubio is losing his hair fast, he'll be bald in 4 to 8 years and won't be able to run on his good looks anymore.

Probably because he's going to be bringing them along to his gubernatorial bid.

They are all there to fleece money and have a good time. Feed the chump polls, get money, travel to different places, sleep around, etc.

His staff is filled with Florida folks who have been with him for years. I'm not saying he has told them he wants to be governor, or that a bombshell may or may not be coming...I just get the impression he is not serious as a candidate. And when I listen to his campaign staff talk about not having offices/on-the-ground supporters...it just sounds like his staff agrees with his ludicrous strategy. I can't imagine a veteran RNC type aide being cool with this strategy, in fact we already know RNC folks are getting anxious about his campaign. It's a smartest-guy-in-the-room approach, and it's going to fail.

Isn't it weird we aren't even seeing a trickle of Bush's Florida donors to Rubio? Granted Bush "has time to turn it around" but any smart person can tell he's done.

So, what do ya'll think is O'Malley's end game here? I mean, he'll be out after Iowa or New Hampshire (probably Iowa), but what's his goal? Is it to position himself as a potential 2024 candidate? I mean, coming 3rd in a 3 way race doesn't scream winner. And, by then, assuming we have two terms of Hillary, he'd have to go up against whomever she selects as her successor/Vice President. (Which, I genuinely think if the nominee is Trump it's going to be Castro. He'd been fairly untouchable regarding the experience argument as Trump has about as much experience as a wet noodle in a rain storm). So, what's he playing at...other than my heart? He's burned way too many bridges to expect a role in a Clinton White House, and he's too establishment, I should think, for Sanders to consider as well.

Also, am I the only one who play(ed) the game "The Political Machine"? Did anyone else here play that?

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm excited. I just received confirmation that I won a $5000 Scholarship for my short story. It's also up for publication representing young, queer writers.

I think O'Malley ran as basically a 2nd choice for establishment Democrat's thinking that Clinton might possibly crash 'n' burn thanks to Benghazi plus this was his only real chance to run since he'd be old news by 2024. He probably gets a job on some nonprofit board or corporate lobbyist gig since he's obviously not going to be in Clinton's Cabinet.

If you like The Political Machine, try President Forever.

I've been thinking the same thing for a long time now, he's not been running the campaign of a guy trying to win the nomination. It's the campaign of a guy trying to raise his profile.

Yup. I think Rubio expected Jeb to win this thing, then he collapsed and all of the sudden he's the Establishment front runner. But, this run was all about making the connections to succeed Scott as Governor, then run against Castro or Kamala Harris in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom