• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone seen the new anti-Iran-deal commercial by the American Security Initiative? It kind of reminds me of the Daisy ad from decades ago. It starts out in what appears to be some suburban neighborhood with a bunch of kids (pretty much ALL white, with maybe one token black kid sitting on some stairs) playing and an ice cream truck pulling up. One of the kids buys one of those red white and blue (oh hurr, what symbolism!) Popsicle things. All the while some woman with the cliche concerned voice is rambling on and on about how evil Iran is, and at the end you see the kid drop the Popsicle with an explosion going off, as the narrator is saying "what if we can't trust them?"
I want the deal to pass so bad. Not only because it is good, but because I want to see Bibi and his cohorts in the US congress defeated.

FiggyCal

Banned
I wish Donald Trump would come out and say that he had some plan to make legal immigration easier. I want to like him unironically and he makes it really hard.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Would this be the second time he's right? His PP stances were reasonable too. Can we expect the broken clock to be correct a third time wrecking the theory of relativity?

Nah, broken clocks are right twice a day. His hit rate isn't anywhere near that, besides he talked sense on campaign finance--or at least admitted how fucked up it was. If it wasn't for the racist bullshit and general stupidity he'd probably be the best choice among the batshit GOP contenders.

THERE IT IS

Oh snaps! Go get 'em Donny! Burn that whole mother down with you!

I just beat the first boss of r type 2 with touch controls

I love when this guy gets bored and just starts posting whatever shit he's done today and everyone just ignores him. Legitimately my favorite part of PoliGAF lately.

He really needs to be called by his given name, Piyush.

Don't agree with this, though. Sometimes this place gets too close to Freeper territory on stuff like that. If I'm gonna give shit when someone calls Obama "Barry Soetoro" I've gotta five shit when someone calls Bobby "Piyush."

NeoXChaos

If Biden decides to bow out, who gets his supporters? or do they move to the undecided column? or they split even?

Ivysaur what is that as your avatar?some bird thing?

I love when this guy gets bored and just starts posting whatever shit he's done today and everyone just ignores him. Legitimately my favorite part of PoliGAF lately.
I know it's a combination of the words "retro" and "melon" but I like to imagine Retromelon being pronounced like, reh-TROM-elon.

i fill a valuable role here. You might not give a shit about a thirty year old nes game or that i live in a roach infested shithole, but after forty replies in a row about the latest trump news, cheebo and neo smacking erasure around, and polls 15 months from mattering, fatigue sets in and im the medic bringing you the canteen with my irreverent bullshit.
I love when my stuff gets ignored cause i know people are sitting there pretending they don't see it

i fill a valuable role here. You might not give a shit about a thirty year old nes game or that i live in a roach infested shithole, but after forty replies in a row about the latest trump news, cheebo and neo smacking erasure around, and polls 15 months from mattering, fatigue sets in and im the medic bringing you the canteen with my irreverent bullshit.
I love when my stuff gets ignored cause i know people are sitting there pretending they don't see it

HylianTom

Banned
I see your posts, Retro. And then I want to check my toilet seat for critters. Especially late at night.

Bug problems.. I can relate. *shudders*

tumblr_n0ehh3ECKK1qiidnro1_500.gif

dramatis

I made you an avatar this morning, actually.

(apparently too ew)

Cheebo has smacked me around? That's news. There weren't 30,000 in Alabama for Trump. Look at the video of the event when they do a pan. My other run in with Cheebo was over Republicans stealing elections. You can do a lot of things with money and suppress the vote is one of them. I win again.

Cheebo has smacked me around? That's news. There weren't 30,000 in Alabama for Trump. Look at the video of the event when they do a pan. My other run in with Cheebo was over Republicans stealing elections. You can do a lot of things with money and suppress the vote is one of them. I win again.
I just meant they gang up on you. I always rooted for you, actually, and thats not sarcasm.

Don't agree with this, though. Sometimes this place gets too close to Freeper territory on stuff like that. If I'm gonna give shit when someone calls Obama "Barry Soetoro" I've gotta five shit when someone calls Bobby "Piyush."

Nah. I say it because Jindal is the son of immigrants who wants to make shit tough for immigrants. The way he talks about immigration you'd think he's from some family that fucking colonized here. Not to mention he helped spread that "no-go" zones for non-Muslims bullshit in Europe.

So my hope is that maybe the name will serve as a reminder of his roots and make him think about that topic differently? Obviously wishful thinking.

So I'm reading the communist manifesto as part of some political philosophy but is this not the best description of the a lot of the republican base and their "anti wall street" but at the same time anti-minority (in all senses of the word).

The lower middle class, the small manufacturer, the shopkeeper, the artisan, the peasant, all these fight against the bourgeoisie, to save from extinction their existence as fractions of the middle class. They are therefore not revolutionary, but conservative. Nay more, they are reactionary, for they try to roll back the wheel of history.

So I'm reading the communist manifesto as part of some political philosophy but is this not the best description of the a lot of the republican base and their "anti wall street" but at the same time anti-minority (in all senses of the word).

One of the things that i've seen defended about that book is that its solution to the problems that arise from capitalism may be flawed, but gawd damn if the man didn't have a realistic view of capitalism itself.

One of the things that i've seen defended about that book is that its solution to the problems that arise from capitalism may be flawed, but gawd damn if the man didn't have a realistic view of capitalism itself.

I've heard a lot about marx being a great diagnostician (I really see a lot of marxism in its economic sense being quoted without knowledge by politicians and industrialists) but writing horrible prescriptions and failing to see the progression of how firm the bourgeoisie's hold could be.

To be fair its easy to look back but I think marx really understood how capitalism works he just really failed to see how resilient it was

Its weird reading it without the baggage of current politics. You can see Marx's almost reverence and love of capitalism's power to destroy and rebuild.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's pretty much what everyone says about the book. Marx was good at diagnosing the problem, he just had no goddamn idea how to treat it.

That's pretty much what everyone says about the book. Marx was good at diagnosing the problem, he just had no goddamn idea how to treat it.

To be fair, he doesn't really even truly try to solve it. He kind just says what he things is going to happen anyways.

But sunday talking heads can attest to, the future is pretty unknowable.

HylianTom

Banned
Saw this on Maddow and smiled.

Then I about died when she read my mind and made the obvious mental leap..

For anyone claiming that he resembles a little kid who found Dad's suit and is pretend-running for President, this is manna from heaven. It's a bit of a relief that he isn't doing better in this contest.

Now we need goofy pics of Kasich - whose SuperPAC allies just dropped $5 million for ads in New Hampshire.

Drag him, King.

AP headline: "Ben Carson brings Trump-style outsider status without the rough edges"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm:

The Affordable Care Act is the worst thing to happen to the country since slavery.[8] Why? Because his misquote of Lenin says so.[9]
Carson, quoted out of context literally, lumps homosexuals, NAMBLA members, and bestiality practitioners as being against his idea of marriage.[10]
Dependence on government programs for the poor creates dependence ... like the food stamps Carson admits his childhood family couldn't have done without.[11]
Abortion is a form of human sacrifice.[12]
Teaching about America's past mistakes, such as Japanese American internment, will make students "sign up for ISIS".[13]
He does not believe in separation of church and state and he engages in the usual sort of historical revisionism to justify his belief.[14]
Carson blames police shootings (particularly the events that occurred in Ferguson, Missouri[wp]) on feminism.[15][16][17]
He believes that religion is needed to interpret science because "maybe the science is just propaganda".[18][19]
Apparently, prison sex/rape between inmates is not about power/domination, but proves that being gay is a choice.[20]
Carson does not believe in Darwinian evolution, which he claims rests upon "incredible fairy tales." [21] He believes that no transitional species have ever been discovered, and considers the human brain (with its billions of neural connections) evidence for an Intelligent Designer.
America under Obama is like Nazi Germany because treating people with respect.[22]
Black Americans who vote Democrat don't think for themselves.[23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom