• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

jHs5XMS.jpg

Makai

Red State thinks he dropped out because it would soon be revealed that he and Renee Elmers had an affair. What...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fox News is trying to defect it by saying democrats are in just as much disarray because many democrats are not getting behind Hillary thanks to that email scandal.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wow Chris Matthews is really going all-in on the GOP is collapsing narrative (drawing parallels between this, the fractured party, and the presidential polls). I'm ... inclined to believe him. This is bigtime.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think I can consume any more popcorn than I already have.

Well then, crack open a few beers, break out the old confederate marching powder, start mainlining the good stuff, or whatever else it is you do after you're out of popcorn.

Wow Chris Matthews is really going all-in on the GOP is collapsing narrative (drawing parallels between this, the fractured party, and the presidential polls). I'm ... inclined to believe him. This is bigtime.
I mean, just contrast this to the democratic party. Obama is the king, Pelosi is the queen, Hillary is the crown-princess and everything is alright in the kingdom. It is just a nice, stable, functioning party.

Republican case can be succintly defined as nuts taking over the nuthouse. The Jester is the King, and there is nothing else.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guess I'm not seeing the "The entire GOP is falling apart!!!" scenario.

1. The guy was liked.
2. He made a comment that basically revealed the entire plan for a committee that cost taxpayers millions of dollars was solely to hurt HRC's chances in an election. He basically said the whole Benghazi thing wasn't about dead soldiers, it was a petty political attack.
3. Behind the scenes, they forced him out.

That's it. I don't see how this is huge news or a sign that republicans are crumbling.

They'll replace him with someone else, every single one of them will get behind him, and this will be forgotten.

Makai

1. The guy was liked.
2. He made a comment that basically revealed the entire plan for a committee that cost taxpayers millions of dollars was solely to hurt HRC's chances in an election. He basically said the whole Benghazi thing wasn't about dead soldiers, it was a petty political attack.

That's it. I don't see how this is huge news or a sign that republicans are crumbling.

They'll replace him with someone else, every single one of them will get behind him, and this will be forgotten.
What does the rest of the year look like?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

No kidding. There's a chance they'll be able to hold the ship together just long enough to make it to 2017 by forcing Boehner to stick around, but if Hillary wins, I don't see any way for the republicans to hold themselves together.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

1. The guy was liked.

It sounds like he wasn't forced out though, everyone thought he'd go through. From the sound of it the tea party guys refused to bend, even a little, and killed his coronation. The GOP was expecting him to take it, Boehner wouldn't have scheduled everything the way he did if they were forcing him out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What does the rest of the year look like?

Oh come on. What exactly about this is "OH MAN THE GOP IS DONE!!" like Chris Matthews is proclaiming?

It sounds like he wasn't forced out though, everyone thought he'd go through. From the sound of it the tea party guys refused to bend, even a little, and killed his coronation. The GOP was expecting him to take it, Boehner wouldn't have scheduled everything the way he did if they were forcing him out.

And what about this is any different than what they have been doing for the last five years? Local elections have been like this for a while. Perhaps this is the most visible, high-level instance, but it's not a new thing for the Tea Party/GOP relationship.

FyreWulff

Well, it actually is. The GOP needs to become a big-tent party again and spin off all the crazy to survive. The Democrats had to do it too, it was the only way they stopped being lost in the woods.

As it is, the Teapers are just going to suicide the entire party just to get one person.

Yup. Just listen to his press conference after pulling out. 0:46 is start...where starts it...where it starts
Sorry, frame rate is poor. Must've been recorded on an xbox one.

Rachel Maddow had a bunch of clips last night. It was seriously unbelievable. The guy can't speak! Even when it was written, the syntax and grammar were all completely fucked up. If you had shown me that clip randomly, i would have guessed the person was having a stroke.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The silly thing is there might only be 30 congresspeople causing the problem, but those 30 people willing to use hostage taking tactics can practically take over the whole government.

Those 30 people could hold the republican party hostage by vowing to vote no on every speaker they don't like. Then those 30 people and the speaker they selected can hold the economy hostage until they get what they want.

If those 30 republicans never relent, then the only way out of that scenario without seeing major damage is for a few democrats to vote for a republican speaker that won't take the economy hostage.

Cheebo

Banned
The Hillary OT threads are such a mess.

Sanders-stans the last few months "she is too corporate/moderate/right-wing!!!"
Hillary then announces a bunch of left leaning positions and policies.
Sanders-stands after "she is lying, all the more reason she is awful!"

I don't get it. When she is saying moderate things then she is evil because she isn't being liberal enough. When she says liberal things she is evil because she is lying.

I don't see anyone besides Paul Ryan who can get 218 votes from the House GOP. And then the only other option is forming a coalition with Dems (which is a non-starter).

Is there some bizarro-world scenario in which Pelosi ends up Speaker if she gets the most votes? Or does it need to be an absolute majority of the chamber?

1. The guy was liked.

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

Hillary then announces a bunch of left leaning positiond and policies.

I don't get it. When she is saying moderate things then she is evil because she isn't being liberal enough. When she says liberal things she is evil because she is lying.

Just another reason why I can't stand ideologues.

Hillary then announces a bunch of left leaning positiond and policies.

You see young grasshopper...if Hillary Clinton were against the TPP or Keystone or anything else she wouldn't have waited months and months and months to come out against it. She's lying. She does support TPP and she does support Keystone.

Hillary Clinton is spineless, unelectable, Wal-Mart trash.

HylianTom

Banned
Gowdy is also urging Ryan to reconsider..

Erasure, stay cool. It's going to be.. okay.
I want you around for Super Tuesday

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You see young grasshopper...if Hillary Clinton were against the TPP or Keystone or anything else she wouldn't have waited months and months and months to come out against it. She's lying. She does support TPP and she does support Keystone.

Hillary Clinton is spineless, unelectable, Wal-Mart trash.

I thought this post was satire until I looked at the poster's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom