• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama just issued his 5th veto. This time on the National Defense Authorization Act.

White house saying they don't want to sign it until the sequestration is removed, and Republicans are already trying to frame it as Obama not caring about defense and wanting to spend that money on his "domestic agenda" instead.

Fuck them..
Do wonder if hills wouldve done the same, tho.

1485578657555589958.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He really refuses to attack Carson, doesn't he?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I think Trump's hesitance to attack Carson is for a far more cynical reason. But more than any other: he doesn't need to.

(which ironically is how everyone else thought they could beat Trump!)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like attacks against Carson can only help Carson given that his entire campaign is heavily focused on unity and getting beyond the fist fights that the media likes to hype up.

It's also focused on saying Democratic policy will lead us into becoming nazi germany, but mostly it's focused on unity.

Hillary looks [understandably] tired. Having to put up with the bullshit being spewed from this panel must be physically exhausting when you factor in everything else she has to deal with right now.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the concept of this hearing in theory, but in practice, it's nothing short of embarrassing. It's completely disingenuous and nearly insufferable, and it's clear that they're just trying to make her look bad.

I have to say though, I don't think Hillary is handling this as well as she should in terms of improving her public perception. As agitated as she may be, she needs to be a little less obvious about it and more straight-foward with her answers. Logically, her answers are fine, but perceptually, she may come across as dodgey and insincere at times, which may affect her favorability ratings, considering how publicized this testimony is.

Welcome back :).

Seeing Hillary live, "in person", on the debate, softened my feelings towards her, for a day at least ;), and at the time, I thought it wouldn't be the "end of the World", if she won the nomination, but, time hasn't changed my perception, one bit, that Bernie's forthright and earnest responses were a debate winner, especially if you also take into account Hillary's "gift from the gods" and highly illuminating "Cut it out" debacle, for those that saw most of the debate live or watched a "complete" re-run (I watched both in full).

Corresponding with your comment, one thing people might have missed, in the debate, was that she didn't even try and hide her annoyance over O'Malley's direct attacks, which might have only been noticeable on a large display, as at the local debate watch party I went too (I ended up appearing in a photo in my local paper, unbeknown to me). Not that I want to give her team any tips, but she should probably work on that, although she bounced back very quickly, with her disarming smile.

So, despite Bernie's overall good debate performance, where I also don't disagree with your polnts (I said prior to the debate, that he needed to clearly highlight their policy differences), do you think he has lost ground in the polls, purely because the media widely reported the debate as a win for Hillary? I'm sure it also doesn't help that CNN is posting edited excerpts that only show Hillary in a positive light (you've got to love that $500k TWC lifetime campaign contribution...). I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if CNN doesn't even have a clip of her "Cut it out" line.

Bernie's team must have known this was going to happen, as his policies would in all likelihood hurt the media corporations bottom line, with public funding of election candidates and binding corporate taxes, although I would of thought they would still earn some revenue from political ads. Of course, their loss would be the American peoples gain, so no one should be shedding a tear for them. Given this though, Bernie and his team are going to have to employ some masterful steps to avoid the media spinning all future debates as Hillary wins, regardless of how well she performs.

Did you see my [post=182492693]post[/post] on his post-debate Iowa Town meeting? I was finding all the polls on GAF rather depressing, but then I watched the Iowa videos (links in post) and bounced right back :), as Bernie is so likeable and has boundless energy. Now we know the real Barack "TPP (classified)" Obama, I would so vote for Bernie over an Obama third term or Hillary. If someone wants to call me out over this Obama reference (Obama vs Sanders, oh come on! ;) ) , please at least see what I'm talking about, by at least watching the Q & A and perhaps main video.

Do you agree with me that if Bernie won the nomination, financed purely by the goodwill of the American people, he would wipe the floor with Trump's toupee (if he wore one ;) )?

I'm not entirely sure how many times it needs to be said that companies can't donate $500K in hard money to campaigns before it gets drilled in.

Various media commentators thought she won the debate because she performed well. They're called opinions.

Post-debate polling also showed pluralities or majorities of potential voters who watched the debate in full or part as favouring her performance.

So Paul Ryan will run to be speaker even thought the HFC decided not to allow a rule change.

So Paul Ryan lost his first power struggle before becoming speaker?

lol.

I'm not gonna lie I'm kind of pumped for John Edwards (lol) pulling off a win in Louisiana. I'm still not very confident it'll actually happen but it'd be a nice fuck you to Jindal and Vitter at the same time.

Of course he's not going to be particularly liberal but as long as he pushes for a Medicaid expansion he's cool in my book.

Daniel B·;182610971 said:
Welcome back :).

Seeing Hillary live, "in person", on the debate, softened my feelings towards her, for a day at least ;), and at the time, I thought it wouldn't be the "end of the World", if she won the nomination, but, time hasn't changed my perception, one bit, that Bernie's forthright and earnest responses were a debate winner, especially if you also take into account Hillary's "gift from the gods" and highly illuminating "Cut it out" debacle, for those that saw most of the debate live or watched a "complete" re-run (I watched both in full).

Corresponding with your comment, one thing people might have missed, in the debate, was that she didn't even try and hide her annoyance over O'Malley's direct attacks, which might have only been noticeable on a large display, as at the local debate watch party I went too (I ended up appearing in a photo in my local paper, unbeknown to me). Not that I want to give her team any tips, but she should probably work on that, although she bounced back very quickly, with her disarming smile.

So, despite Bernie's overall good debate performance, where I also don't disagree with your polnts (I said prior to the debate, that he needed to clearly highlight their policy differences), do you think he has lost ground in the polls, purely because the media widely reported the debate as a win for Hillary? I'm sure it also doesn't help that CNN is posting edited excerpts that only show Hillary in a positive light (you've got to love that $500k TWC lifetime campaign contribution...). I haven't looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if CNN doesn't even have a clip of her "Cut it out" line.

Bernie's team must have known this was going to happen, as his policies would in all likelihood hurt the media corporations bottom line, with public funding of election candidates and binding corporate taxes, although I would of thought they would still earn some revenue from political ads. Of course, their loss would be the American peoples gain, so no one should be shedding a tear for them. Given this though, Bernie and his team are going to have to employ some masterful steps to avoid the media spinning all future debates as Hillary wins, regardless of how well she performs.

Did you see my [post=182492693]post[/post] on his post-debate Iowa Town meeting? I was finding all the polls on GAF rather depressing, but then I watched the Iowa videos (links in post) and bounced right back :), as Bernie is so likeable and has boundless energy. Now we know the real Barack "TPP (classified)" Obama, I would so vote for Bernie over an Obama third term or Hillary. If someone wants to call me out over this Obama reference (Obama vs Sanders, oh come on! ;) ) , please at least see what I'm talking about, by at least watching the Q & A and perhaps main video.

Do you agree with me that if Bernie won the nomination, financed purely by the goodwill of the American people, he would wipe the floor with Trump's toupee (if he wore one ;) )?

Glad to be back.

Anyway, it's not a matter of Bernie losing ground. The problem is that he didn't gain any, and Hillary's sweeping up whatever ground Biden left behind.

It's not enough for Bernie to have a good performance, he needs to attack Hillary head-on in order to have a fighting chance, and he has clearly shown that he's not willing to do that. Because of this, he has exactly zero chance in winning the nomination.

If he did win, then yes, I think he'd destroy Trump. Bernie has no problem directly attacking a person's arguments, so long as they're not on his team. In fact, he's already made some choice remarks about Trump so far, so I'm pretty confident that he'd handle him quite adeptly.

As for the town hall meeting, I thought it was good, but I've always seen this side of Bernie, so nothing really new to me.

Hillary laughed apparently.

Campaign over.

Madame Secretary, do you find the fact that you conspired to murder four Americans humorous? This is a serious matter of life and death. Now please, yes or no, did you or did you not have someone else in your bed while you were sleeping or did they arrive after you woke up?

Konka

Banned
Glad to be back.

Anyway, it's not a matter of Bernie losing ground. The problem is that he didn't gain any, and Hillary's sweeping up whatever ground Biden left behind.

It's not enough for Bernie to have a good performance, he needs to attack Hillary head-on in order to have a fighting chance, and he has clearly shown that he's not willing to do that. Because of this, he has exactly zero chance in winning the nomination.

If he did win, then yes, I think he'd destroy Trump. Bernie has no problem directly attacking a person's arguments, so long as they're not on his team. In fact, he's already made some choice remarks about Trump so far, so I'm pretty confident that he'd handle him quite adeptly.

As for the town hall meeting, I thought it was good, but I've always seen this side of Bernie, so nothing really new to me.

Bernie knows its more important for the Republicans not to win than him to win.

I can see the ad now.

Hillary Clinton thinks the lives of US Citizens is a laughing matter.

Clip of her out of context: HAHAHAHAHAHA.
"I don't think this is funny."

Do you want this woman to be your commander-in-chief.

Makai

Donald Trump: 25.22
Ben Carson: 19.78
Marco Rubio: 9.67
Jeb Bush: 8.11
Carly Fiorina: 8.11
Ted Cruz: 6.89
Mike Huckabee: 3.56
Chris Christie: 3.00
John Kasich: 3.00
Rand Paul: 3.00

Wow, Rand made it into the next debate. WTF is he doing here Part II.

Wilsongt

Obummer vetoed the defense spending bill. What was hidden in it?

He obviously hates America and he wants his Muslim Brotherhood kin to come and take over. Everyone better gather up their guns and make sure they have plenty of ammo because the muslims and Mexicans are coming. If Hillary gets elected, they are going to take everything away from us, but us hard working Christian americans into camps and take away all of our freedoms.

Donald Trump: 25.22
Ben Carson: 19.78
Marco Rubio: 9.67
Jeb Bush: 8.11
Carly Fiorina: 8.11
Ted Cruz: 6.89
Mike Huckabee: 3.56
Chris Christie: 3.00
John Kasich: 3.00
Rand Paul: 3.00

Wow, Rand made it into the next debate. WTF is he doing here Part II.

The next debate needs a 5% cutpoint where there is no rounding up.

Four person debate of Trump, Carson, Rubio, and Cruz.

Crisco

Banned
The only thing the Republicans did is usher in a new political term, the "Benghazi bump". Hillary's poll numbers will go up after that shit show, guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom