• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on in LA?
Vitter is massively unpopular, as is the incumbent GOP governor. The fact that this is a state race as opposed to a federal one means more voters who otherwise vote GOP for president/Senate are willing to cross over for governor.

Edwards is fairly conservative but if that's one more state that expands Medicaid he's square in my book.

OmniOne

I just read Peggy Noonan's piece about yesterday's hearing among other things.

He [Joe Biden} has always reminded me of what Democrats were like when I was a kid—kind of normal and earthy and fun. They did not spend their time endlessly accusing people of being sexist-racist-homophobic-gender-biased persons of unchecked privilege. They would have thought that impolite.

You folks wanting equal treatment are just no damn fun! Completely ignoring the fact that Joe pretty recently called the entire GOP field homophobes. She never fails to write about fantasy versions of people that don't exist. Her Hillary take is garbage.

NeoXChaos

Vitter is massively unpopular, as is the incumbent GOP governor. The fact that this is a state race as opposed to a federal one means more voters who otherwise vote GOP for president/Senate are willing to cross over for governor.

Edwards is fairly conservative but if that's one more state that expands Medicaid he's square in my book.

The dynamics of that changes if it was in a presidential year.

What's going on in LA?

The stars aligning for a Democrat to win the governorship in Louisiana.

It also helps that the two other Republicans split the conservative anti-Vitter vote and that no one bothered to take Edwards seriously until this month, leaving Edwards with a great 61/29 favorable rating because the only exposure voters otherwise had to Edwards were great ads like this.

The dynamics of that changes if it was in a presidential year.
That as well, although we've seen even as recently as 2012 states like West Virginia or Montana elect Democratic governors while Obama was crushed at the top of the ticket. Or Indiana which came very close to electing one (oh well, onto 2016!)

Iolo

WASH POST COVERS UP HILLARY HYPO
Fri Oct 23 2015 16:41:45 ET

The WASHINGTON POST on Friday declared Hillary Clinton does not suffer from hypothyroidism -- even though her own doctor says she does!!

Symptoms of low thyroid function include: Fatigue, Hoarseness and Impaired memory.

Reporter Phillip Bump, consulting with his own doctor, Philip Weintraub, diagnosed Clinton as having 'normal thyroid function' based on her Benghazi performance.

But Hillary's internist revealed in August how the Dem front-runner's medical conditions 'include hypothyroidism.'

Clinton takes a daily dose of dried and crushed pig thyroid glands for treatment.

Hillary's health was once again in the spotlight during the final hours of the Benghazi hearing on Thursday. A serious coughing fit raised eyebrows, along with slow body movements and labored breathing.

The canidiate claims she was 'meditating' during breaks.
http://drudgereport.com/now.htm

Makai

Full quote is

Letting people health insurance is a good thing, and that’s what Tom Stemberg fought for. I oppose Obamacare and believe it has failed. It drove up premiums, took insurance away from people who were promised otherwise, and usurped state programs. As I said in the campaign, I'd repeal it and replace it with state-crafted plans.

Wilsongt

Full quote is

Of course you would. All Blue states and select red states would have affordable health insurance, while red states would be fuck all for their citizens.

Also, I just found out yesterday on the news that the company I have health insurance with is pulling out of the market place because of the ACA.

Iolo

Full quote is

Full quote or not, either he's opportunistically retreating from his earlier quote in the obituary, or he truly hates his dead friend Tom for inspiring Obamacare.

“Without Tom pushing it, I don’t think we would have had Romneycare. Without Romneycare, I don’t think we would have [that dreaded] Obamacare. So, without Tom [how I hate him] a lot of people wouldn’t have [expensive, failed] health insurance.”

Your choice as to which is preferable...

Trump needs to change his attacks. Can't focus on Jeb! Jeb! has no shot at beating Trump so ideally he should focus on getting Jeb! to be the final establishment candidate left. It's like in sports when you intentionally lose to a team to avoid another team.

Trump needs to go after Rubio now and hard before he picks up an momentum. Rubio can beat him if it's just them left. But if he squashed him like a bug now and all that's left standing is Carson and Jeb!, he just might pull this off.

Come on trump. Help Jeb! out. Do the smart thing.

Makai

Full quote or not, either he's opportunistically retreating from his earlier quote in the obituary, or he truly hates his dead friend Tom for inspiring Obamacare.

“Without Tom pushing it, I don’t think we would have had Romneycare. Without Romneycare, I don’t think we would have [that dreaded] Obamacare. So, without Tom [how I hate him] a lot of people wouldn’t have [expensive, failed] health insurance.”

Your choice as to which is preferable...
I can't hate on Mitt for being in a bind. You gotta do what you gotta do to get elected and he had to desert his defining legislative accomplishment.

Makai

Trump needs to change his attacks. Can't focus on Jeb! Jeb! has no shot at beating Trump so ideally he should focus on getting Jeb! to be the final establishment candidate left. It's like in sports when you intentionally lose to a team to avoid another team.

Trump needs to go after Rubio now and hard before he picks up an momentum. Rubio can beat him if it's just them left. But if he squashed him like a bug now and all that's left standing is Carson and Jeb!, he just might pull this off.

He said he'd endorse Jeb if he were the nominee.

TrumpTwitter1.jpg

Also didnt Trump send his campaign a crate of water bottles? Lol.

Hypothyroidism? Dear God she's already dead!
It's no laughing matter. This was in the stores a couple of weeks ago:

78eaf56a5436c2f73d82b99c932d2a57.jpg

The desperate and deteriorating 67-year-old won’t make it to the White House — because she’ll be dead in six months, sources told The ENQUIRER.

Amazingly, her ultra-competitive husband is the one pressuring her to stay on the campaign trail despite her decline!

“Cruel Bill would rather see her drop than miss a single vote,” a source told The ENQUIRER. “Hillary shouldn’t be on the campaign trail — she should be home making out her will!”

A source said: “She’s risking her health each day.”

Her “secret medical file” shows that during her hospitalization three years ago in New York, doctors believed she had brain cancer.

Said the source: “Doctors found out that Hillary exhibited a number of symptoms linked to brain cancer.

“She’s suffered from headaches, memory lapses, extreme fatigue, blackouts and vision problems.”

Hillary has admitted suffering from endometriosis — a painful gynecological condition that increases a woman’s chances of developing brain cancer.

Hillary’s medical file also reveals she’s covered up “three secret strokes” in addition to the public collapses she suffered that have raised concern about her health.

Thought it was John Edwards/Rielle Hunter sized scoop. Then they said the source was Ed Klein.

What. Is. This.

The Rubio campaign declined to provide a state-by-state breakdown of staff and offices after initially suggesting it might do so. It said it has an office in each of the early states, with “multiple” offices in some. It said that about half of its 54 full-time staffers are in the four early states, divided fairly evenly among them.

“One of the biggest mistakes you can make in a presidential primary like this is to mistake action for progress,” said Rubio deputy campaign manager Rich Beeson. He later added: “The days of having to have 50 field staffers and 25 offices are done. We can have a field office and staff set up in a Starbucks with wireless and get just as much done as we can in a brick-and-mortar office with land lines.”

Does Rubio actually have a functional campaign? Are there any Republican candidates that recognize the importance of field work?

NeoXChaos

If Sanders falls behind in New Hampshire, it will be very bad news for his campaign. Not only is New Hampshire right next door to Sanders’s home state, Vermont, it’s also filled with his base voters: white liberals. If Clinton wins New Hampshire, it’s probably a sign that Sanders won’t be competitive in most states outside of Vermont.

At that point you are looking at a 49 out of 50 state primary landslide if he can't win NH.

Iolo

This assumes Trump is running to win, as opposed to running solely to torpedo Jeb!'s chances.

What if, as soon as Jeb drops out, Trump literally declares "Mission Accomplished" and drops out an hour later

HylianTom

Banned
What. Is. This.

Does Rubio actually have a functional campaign? Are there any Republican candidates that recognize the importance of field work?

That's probably my favorite campaign news from that side of the aisle this week, to be honest.

Obama's GOTV operation netted him as much as an additional 2% in some states. Hillary has snatched-up the bulk of those responsible for Obama's operation. And now we hear that the supposedly strong-in-the-general GOP candidate is taking this kind of organizing this lightly? Really?

That's just.. beautiful.

I can't believe he's going to be out this early, it's surreal.

I've been saying he'd be out after the third debate, assuming he doesn't do any better than he has been in the previous two. Hell, even if rubio or Cruz has a breakout night he's done. I continue to stand by that prediction.

Jeb bush is SUPER dependent on PAC dollars and high dollar contributors. They pull out and his campaign is fucked. He can't fundraise himself out of a paper bag on his own.

HylianTom

Banned
Remember last night when a few of us said it was time to chip-in some cash? Apparently we weren't the only ones to have this sentiment.
Benghazi hearing floods Clinton campaign coffers with cash

Call it the Committee To Increase Hillary Clinton's Fundraising.

Donations have been flooding into campaign coffers over the past 13 hours since her testimony in front of the House Benghazi committee wrapped late Thursday night, thrilling Clinton fundraisers on the eve of a weekend-long finance committee meeting that couldn’t have come at a better time. According to communications director Jennifer Palmieri, the hour between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. last night was their best fundraising hour of the campaign to date.

Rallying in Virginia Friday, Clinton said her campaign had broken the 500,000 donor mark, meaning she has gotten over 100,000 new contributors in October alone. The campaign then added that over half of the donations it received on Thursday were from new contributors, and that 99% of them were less than $250.

Makai

I've been saying he'd be out after the third debate, assuming he doesn't do any better than he has been in the previous two. Hell, even if rubio or Cruz has a breakout night he's done. I continue to stand by that prediction.

Jeb bush is SUPER dependent on PAC dollars and high dollar contributors. They pull out and his campaign is fucked. He can't fundraise himself out of a paper bag on his own.
I think he's actually the leader in fundraising, excluding PACs.

I think he's actually the leader in fundraising, excluding PACs.

You'd be wrong. Excluding PACS he's being beaten by Carson AND Ted Cruz

fundraising%202_zpsvqtgjofv.png

Bloomberg had an interesting breakdown of where that funding is coming from also. Virtually none of Jeb!'s campaign dollars are from small donors. He has no grassroots support for that campaign at all.

CRkO78uXAAANjRN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom