• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/still-waiting-truth_1051360.html?nopager=1
Woods is the father of Tyrone Woods, a retired Navy Seal killed in the attacks on Benghazi on September 11, 2012. Shortly before the hearing began, I asked him what he hoped to learn from the hearing.

“The truth, hopefully,” he said, not sounding hopeful at all.

He was right to be skeptical.

Charles Woods has been waiting a long time for the truth. He met his son’s body at Joint Base Andrews, three days after the attacks, at a solemn ceremony in just outside Washington, D.C. He first met Clinton at that brief memorial service. He remembers it well, in part, he says, because he took notes immediately after he spoke with her.

When I asked him about that day as we waited for the hearing to begin, he pulled a small leather black datebook from his pocket – maybe the size of a calculator, with 2012 engraved in gold on the front – as he recalled her words. He began reading from the entry that started on September 14, the day of the ceremony, and continued into the space for the following day. It ran just five or six lines, written in pencil.

He recorded Clinton’s exact words. “We are going to have the filmmaker arrested who was responsible for the death of your son,” he read. Then he looked up. “I remember those words: ‘who was responsible for the death of your son.’ She was blaming him and blaming the movie.”

Woods was skeptical at the time that she was telling the truth. His doubts were validated with each new revelation of the administration’s post-attack dissembling. But he was shocked by what he learned in the hearing Thursday.

At 11:12 p.m. on September 11, 2012, the night of the attacks, Hillary Clinton wrote to her daughter, Chelsea, and noted that the compound in Benghazi had been attacked by “an al Quaeda-like group.” She did not mention a video, as she had in her public statement, released by the State Department an hour earlier.

The following day, September 12, 2012, Clinton spoke with Egyptian prime minister Hesham Kandil. Their discussion was captured by a State Department note-taker, whose job is to record conversations among high-level diplomats by producing a near-verbatim summary.

“We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film,” Clinton explained to Kandil, according to the State Department memo. “It was a planned attack – not a protest.”
Next week, the American people will learn the truth rather than the Hillary campaign's spin masquerading as journalism.

National Review in this week of "At War With Reality."

Bernie Sanders is dumping more gloom over the state of the country & Obama's policies than Republicans are but Grumpy Cat

Trump: "The American Dream is Dead"
Ben Carson: "We are getting close to Nazi Germany."
Huckabee: "Obama leading the Jews to the ovens."

Hmm, National Review statement checks out.

HylianTom

Banned
Supposedly huge story about to break here in Louisiana: Vitter campaign staffer being charged with felony related to campaign activities. And when authorities went to apprehend him, he attempted to flee.

Details still incoming. Wow.

Supposedly huge story about to break here in Louisiana: Vitter campaign staffer being charged with felony related to campaign activities. And when authorities went to apprehend him, he attempted to flee.

This sounds like a MUCH more interesting story than I thought it would be

NeoXChaos

Why can't this stuff come out after he wins the runoff?

Please still come in second tomorrow!

Come on. Just one more day.

You can do it Vitter, don't derail that train just yet!

NeoXChaos

I like the timing here: Friday night before Election Day.

Not enough time to sway the first vote, but it might screw him over in the runoff.

CSC6ZUMUsAA5viv.png:large

please win the runoff tomorrow. please win the runoff tomorrow.

HylianTom

Banned
Yup. Here's a link to the full story:
http://cenlamar.com/2015/10/23/vitter-campaigns-private-investigator-arrested-in-jefferson-parish/

Apparently it centers around recording a conversation, trespassing, etc. Just downright comical. I wouldn't describe this as "huge" yet, but who knows it'll lead to other things..

Also:
@clancygambit:
Source: JPSO found dossier on blogger Jason Brad Berry in car of Vitter's hired private eye. This will get ugly.

(For context, Berry is the blogger who interviewed Vitter's prostitute. Now the New Orleans Advocate has picked this story up: http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/jefferson/13785472-123/story.html )

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did President Obama, when he was on the campaign trail, ever proclaim "If you elect me, I will be the first black president" so overtly and often as Hillary Clinton proclaims, "If you elect me, I will be the first woman president"?

Diablos

Did President Obama, when he was on the campaign trail, ever proclaim "If you elect me, I will be the first black president" so overtly and often as Hillary Clinton proclaims, "If you elect me, I will be the first woman president"?
Sounds like a great question for Twitter.

http://cenlamar.com/2015/10/23/vitter-campaigns-private-investigator-arrested-in-jefferson-parish/

Apparently it centers around recording a conversation, trespassing, etc. Just downright comical. I wouldn't describe this as "huge" yet, but who knows it'll lead to other things..

Also:
@clancygambit:
Source: JPSO found dossier on blogger Jason Brad Berry in car of Vitter's hired private eye. This will get ugly.

(For context, Berry is the blogger who interviewed Vitter's prostitute. Now the New Orleans Advocate has picked this story up: http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/jefferson/13785472-123/story.html )
Oh my god. Dudes going away in irons if any of this is true. Then Edwards can appoint his replacement. Welcome back Mary

Also:
@clancygambit:

yessssssssss

Diablos

This dude put on a trucker hat that says "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" and somehow motivated a populist movement to elect a vain billionaire. Deserves to win.
They're coming over our border. They're rapists. They're eating our babies and trying to reinvent the number zero. They're taking all of our PS4 exclusives away from us.

if you are really voting Trump, smh

RDreamer

From my memory, I don't really think he did. I remember him using more subtle hints towards it. I think the closest he came was just referencing "making history."

Makai

They're coming over our border. They're rapists. They're eating our babies and trying to reinvent the number zero. They're taking all our PS4 exclusives away from us.

if you are really voting Trump, smh
My state has an open primary and I'm definitely voting for him then. The Democrats pretty much have their nominee locked up; no reason to waste my vote.

No. The closest he came was noting that he didn't look like the presidents who were on US currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom