• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
and walker, oh prescient one?

Delayed but not denied, as my mom would say. The seeds of Trump's implosion keep getting sown. He doesn't seem to get that he can't show any daylight between himself and his most hardcore anti-immigration followers. Giving olive branches to Hispanic CoC and supporting the refugee plan...the end is coming. Not now, not this month, but it's coming.

Delayed but not denied, as my mom would say. The seeds of Trump's implosion keep getting sown. He doesn't seem to get that he can't show any daylight between himself and his most hardcore anti-immigration followers. Giving olive branches to Hispanic CoC and supporting the refugee plan...the end is coming. Not now, not this month, but it's coming.
What does any of this have to do with Walker? You think the guy at 3% is going to pick up all of Trump's slack?

I just don't see how Walker, of all the people in this race, is the one to rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

What if he calls her ugly?

He was talking about her persona!

I really want the moderator to ask him if he proved Megyn Kelly's point about him insulting women, when, after flipping his shit on her for the question, he goes on to insult Fiorina's appearance.

He's a lying fuck; needs to be called out for all the shit he has said between the last debate and now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He was talking about her persona!

I really want the moderator to ask him if he proved Megyn Kelly's point about him insulting women, when, after flipping his shit on her for the question, he goes on to insult Fiorina's appearance.

He's a lying fuck; needs to be called out for all the shit he has said between the last debate and now.

The problem is Trump is a counterpuncher of the highest order. If you attack you have to kill him or he'll hit you back harder. If you can't brush him away with a single response he'll keep on keeping on.

Wilsongt

I don't understand what Bernie is expecting to accomplish by talking at Liberty University.

Also, Scott Walker the clown:

In a speech Monday in Las Vegas, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will try to rally his plummeting poll numbers by promising to take his war on labor unions to a national level. If elected president, Walker says he will enact a federal version of the controversial “right-to-work” law he signed in Wisconsin earlier this year, which caused union membership to plummet. He also plans to take his elimination of Wisconsin’s prevailing wage law nationwide, meaning lower pay for workers on public works construction projects.

In a multi-point plan he’s calling “Power to the People,” Walker is also promising to eliminate the National Labor Relations Board — which investigates and protects workers from unfair labor practices. Calling the Board “broken beyond repair” and “a one-sided advocate for big labor special interests,” Walker plans to divide up its responsibilities between federal courts and the National Mediation Board.

Walker could carry out some of his plan unilaterally, using executive orders, but some major pieces, such as the elimination of all unions of federal workers, would require approval from Congress, gutting laws that have been on the books since the Great Depression.

In the text of his plan, Walker makes several inaccurate representations of current law, such as saying “workers deserve to have the freedom to choose whether they want to be in a labor union or not” when such freedom is already in place. He also vows to reverse the Obama Administration’s recent order giving 5 million more American workers the right to be paid for overtime hours.

And the working poor (and wealthy businessmen) will eat it all up.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/09/14/3701107/walker-wants-to-bust-unions-everywhere/

FiggyCal

Banned
I don't understand what Bernie is expecting to accomplish by talking at Liberty University.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/09/14/3701107/walker-wants-to-bust-unions-everywhere/

One thing Walker has been doing is apparently appropriating left-leaning rhetoric. So in your quote he calls his regressive policies born out of a hatred of the working class, "power to the people". And I saw a quote elsewhere where he says that drug testing welfare recipients is a progressive idea. Next he'll go on about why the minimum wage is an outdated conservative construct.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Outspoken Republican state Rep. Michael Speciale of New Bern took to Facebook this month to share an obscenity-filled comment about President Barack Obama.

“Look you Islamic son of a bitch” begins the quote Speciale shared on his public Facebook page Sept. 5. “Unless you give all your land back to the native Indians, don’t pretend to lecture Israeli’s (sic) about our borders when you can’t control your own.”

“Are you going to do something about (Islamic State terrorists),” the comment concludes, “or should Israel show you how it’s done because you are too much of a coward and the most piss poor excuse for an American president in your Great Nation’s history.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...r-the-dome/article35211846.html#storylink=cpy

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

LOL

"I'm giving you, the people, your power back! And by people, I mean corporations."

I mean, the guy is literally going to run on repealing a law that gave 5 million more people overtime? How in the world could this possibly benefit him? To get the votes of thousands of business owners, he completely alienates over 5 million people. How does that make any sense?

Walker is in panic mode and is easily the guy that's going to look the most foolish during the next debate. I guarantee he'll be talking over people, yelling, and spewing nothing but trash. He'll probably get a 2-3 point bump and have said enough crazy stuff to absolutely destroy any chance he would have had in the general election.

It will be amazing if Trump simply takes him down with one swift remark.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The poll finds that 71 percent of adults say it is more important for Congress to approve a spending bill to keep the government open, compared to 22 percent who say it is more important to eliminate all federal funds for Planned Parenthood. […]

The poll Monday finds that Republicans slightly prioritize avoiding a shutdown over defunding Planned Parenthood, by a margin of 48 percent to 44 percent.

Men and women have largely similar views. Men prioritize avoiding a shutdown by a margin of 70 percent to 21 percent, while women do by 71 percent to 24 percent.

Wow. Was expecting a 55-45 split.

Teggy

Wow. Was expecting a 55-45 split.

The hearings they are holding are just terrible. First of all, they didn't invite PP to defend themselves in any way. Second, their key speakers are people who survived botched abortions in the 1970's as if that has anything to do with whether they should be funding PP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's still amazing to me how the media treats her like a frontrunner and gives her attention despite barely registering in the polls. They also never bring up her terrible history as a businesswoman.

Trump is the only one doing so.

I'll bet Trump does bring it up in the debate if she says anything about him.

LOL

"I'm giving you, the people, your power back! And by people, I mean corporations."

I mean, the guy is literally going to run on repealing a law that gave 5 million more people overtime? How in the world could this possibly benefit him? To get the votes of thousands of business owners, he completely alienates over 5 million people. How does that make any sense?

Walker is in panic mode and is easily the guy that's going to look the most foolish during the next debate. I guarantee he'll be talking over people, yelling, and spewing nothing but trash. He'll probably get a 2-3 point bump and have said enough crazy stuff to absolutely destroy any chance he would have had in the general election.

I would love for trump to make a pro union comment (the GOP base isn't anti union at all, I think 40 percent of union workers are Republican). His hotels and buildings are built by union workers and his hotels use them (at least in NYC where his room attendants make over 50k ).

If love for him to say. Something about it bring a good deal, you've just got to have good negotiators rather than dissolving them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll bet Trump does bring it up in the debate if she says anything about him.

If she says anything? He's gonna hit her with it during the first question!

"What's this looser failed businesswoman even doing here? She's a looser failure who doesn't deserve to stand on the same classy, luxurious stage that I do. What's she ever done, she doesn't deserve to stand in the classy shadow of this giant luxurious airplane flown by our greatest president."

Or some bullshit like that.

Shutdowns are still toxic.
I think the only way the GOP got away with it in 2013 without suffering too many repercussions is that it happened ahead of a midterm election year instead of a presidential one. Honestly if Planned Parenthood is the cross they want to die on let them, it certainly won't hurt Democratic chances.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think the only way the GOP got away with it in 2013 without suffering too many repercussions is that it happened ahead of a midterm election year instead of a presidential one. Honestly if Planned Parenthood is the cross they want to die on let them, it certainly won't hurt Democratic chances.

But if a presidential candidate like Trump says "the government wouldn't shutdown under my watch because I'm not incompetent like these current leaders are" while Bush says "I wouldn't shut down the government because I'm not as crazy as some of these people in this party", wouldn't they be shielded from the blow back?

No, they got away with it because healthcare.gov shat the bed a few weeks later. Not to mention ISIS and Ebola panics.

HylianTom

Banned
Either way works.

Shutdown? Hurts with voters in the middle.
No shutdown? Stokes the fires of anger in the base.

Come! Giggle with me!

No, they got away with it because healthcare.gov shat the bed a few weeks later. Not to mention ISIS and Ebola panics.
Yeah ISIS and ebola panics sure did motivate people to vote against the Democrats.

Oh wait turnout was even lower than in 2010 when people had an actual reason to be mad at the Democrats.

2014 was the election that literally no one gave a shit about.

NeoXChaos

Yeah ISIS and ebola panics sure did motivate people to vote against the Democrats.

Oh wait turnout was even lower than in 2010 when people had an actual reason to be mad at the Democrats.

nah. 64% of the voting population? Sure

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yet a lot of people blame the shutdown on Obama and not on Ted Cruz.

If we want Trump giving out potshots to everyone, he needs to talk about Ted Cruz being a professional shit stirrer and the reason the government shut down for a few weeks.

Real truth though: those people blame Obama for everything anyway.

It's hard to win elections when you have nothing to run on - shocking. That's been par the course for democrats under Obama. A clean, incident free healthcare.gov rollout could have led to people running on it but nah, it was a disaster. I'll admit there wasn't much to do about ISIS - lord knows I didn't and still don't support intervention. Ebola was pure media bullshit, couldn't do anything about that either.

Wilsongt

It's hard to win elections when you have nothing to run on - shocking. That's been par the course for democrats under Obama. A clean, incident free healthcare.gov rollout could have led to people running on it but nah, it was a disaster. I'll admit there wasn't much to do about ISIS - lord knows I didn't and still don't support intervention. Ebola was pure media bullshit, couldn't do anything about that either.

Sorry, Democrats had plenty to run on in 2014. However, a lot of Democrats chose to run away from Obama for whatever dumb reason.

RDreamer

Big labor special interests? Fuuuuuuuck off you goddamned clown. This dude's rhetoric is so 1984 it isn't even funny.

LOL

I can't wait to see what he tries in the debate.

I agree he's in panic mode, but him saying this isn't really indicative of that. I think this is always what he wanted to do, anyway. This stuff is why I always thought he was one of the worst of the bunch.

The ACA site had a bumpy start and then it was working fine. You're crazy or trolling if you think it had a meaningful effect on the 2014 elections.

Then economy was doing better. The GOP just caused a government shutdown. The ACA was working despite website troubles. Yet no one on the dems sided hammered this home.

You guys don't seem to get that the economy isn't doing great in a lot of districts and states that were important in 2014 (or now). The national unemployment rate isn't the determining factor of how the economy is doing. The rate is "good" and yet a majority of Americans disapprove Obama's handling of the economy and think things are getting worse. Why do you think that is?

Wilsongt

You guys don't seem to get that the economy isn't doing great in a lot of districts and states that were important in 2014 (or now). The national unemployment rate isn't the determining factor of how the economy is doing. The rate is "good" and yet a majority of Americans disapprove Obama's handling of the economy and think things are getting worse. Why do you think that is?

The districts and all affected by low amount of jobs were never going to vote Democratic in the first place.

RDreamer

Because they watch too much Fox News?

NeoXChaos

Polarization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom