• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more basic than that. To many men, she is a reminder that the old boys club is going the way of the dinosaur. She's a woman who isn't beholden to her husband. She bucks traditional conservative gender norms, and that just can't be allowed in their world view.

All people are equal, but some are more equal than others. Rich, white, straight men are, obviously, the most equal.

I like hillary as much as the next guy, but come on now

A Hillary win would break a LOT of people mentally. She is the living embodiment of everything that is evil and wrong and anti-American about the Left. She is the Wicked Witch and Satan and Your Ex-Wife, all rolled into one. For her to win would be unthinkable, as surely the American people wouldn't elect her after knowing all of the evil things she's done over the past two decades..

Obama winning in 2012 was one thing. But Hillary in 2016.. that'd be a whole new level of fresh hell.

It's not even that with him. It's strictly about his taxes. He doesn't dislike Hillary. Told me foreign policy she'd be fine. Doesn't buy into Benghazi. He's pro immigration, pro gay rights, believes in global warming and that we should do something about it, pro choice, isn't that anti-regulation or anything, believes in helping the poor. Literally, the only conservative stance I could find (other than being hawkish foreign policy) was taxes. That's it. Pretty sure he's a single item voter and he just wants to keep his taxes down!

HylianTom

Banned
It's not even that with him. It's strictly about his taxes. He doesn't dislike Hillary. Told me foreign policy she'd be fine. Doesn't buy into Benghazi. He's pro immigration, pro gay rights, believes in global warming and that we should do something about it, pro choice, isn't that anti-regulation or anything, believes in helping the poor. Literally, the only conservative stance I could find (other than being hawkish foreign policy) was taxes. That's it. Pretty sure he's a single item voter and he just wants to keep his taxes down!

Ahh.. so he's one of those poor tortured souls from the WSJ cartoon..
BF-AE118B_05WIc_G_20130104192101.jpg

Plenty of those in my family. They don't care about anything, really - with the key exception being that one line on their 1040 forms..

It's already gone past the point where it failed in Vermont. Vermont failed before they ever decided on a direction to propose for with funding. This plan is fully finished and on the ballot to be voted on.

Vermont failed for a number of reasons. I remember being so excited for UHC before I looked into it and learned they had literally no plan for funding it. I thin they decided to give up on it because it would require something like a 9-12% payroll tax which nobody in the state wanted to pay or wanted their employers to pay.

NeoXChaos

Larry Sabato ‏@LarrySabato 26m26 minutes ago
Jindal is being so cutting about everybody else I'm starting to understand fully why he's so disliked in Louisiana.

Larry Sabato ‏@LarrySabato 21m21 minutes ago
If one undercard contender had to be voted off the island right now, the near-unanimous choice would be Jindal.

Music to my ears.

A Hillary win would break a LOT of people mentally. She is the living embodiment of everything that is evil and wrong and anti-American about the Left. She is the Wicked Witch and Satan and Your Ex-Wife, all rolled into one. For her to win would be unthinkable, as surely the American people wouldn't elect her after knowing all of the evil things she's done over the past two decades..

Obama winning in 2012 was one thing. But Hillary in 2016.. that'd be a whole new level of fresh hell.
But she's not black?

ivysaur12

Banned
@JohnBelforLA
While I question @DavidVitter he's furiously flipping through his notes prepared by his handlers. Show up prepared, David. #lagov

Oh my.

EDIT: JBE oh my gawd: “I don’t intend to give anybody 100% except for my wife"

NeoXChaos

The horror.

Jeff B@AoSHQDD ‏@EsotericCD 55m55 minutes ago
Why Cruz for SCOTUS? Simple:
1) Filibuster will disappear. Trust me.
2) Reliable con vote.
3) Senators will support, just to get him out

Jeff B@AoSHQDD ‏@EsotericCD 59m59 minutes ago
Thinking of how to dispose of GOP field if Rubio wins Presidency:
JINDAL: HHS secretary
CARSON: Surgeon-General
TRUMP: Ambassador to Mexico

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could've seen that debate. =(((

I hope it's available for streaming.

Don't worry about it. I have a feeling nothing is going to come from this one, unless you want to hear 2 hours of standard Republican talking points about the economy.

NeoXChaos

Ted Cruz

"Abolish the IRS"
89,500 jobs lost

"Department of Education"
5,000 jobs lost

"Department of Energy"
13,341 federal jobs lost
93,094 contract jobs lost

"Department of Commerce"
43,880 jobs lost

"Department of Housing and Urban"
8,416 jobs lost

I'm not well verse in taxes, but would having a low tax rate like 10% would force huge cuts in spending? If the tax revenue is like 3.1 trillion it would be 310 billion in tax revenue. How are they going to fund anything?

Ted Cruz

"Abolish the IRS"
89,500 jobs lost

5,000 jobs lost

"Department of Energy"
13,341 federal jobs lost

"Department of Commerce"
43,880 jobs lost

8,416 jobs lost
the nsa needs to lose every single job

Ted Cruz

"Abolish the IRS"
89,500 jobs lost

5,000 jobs lost

"Department of Energy"
13,341 federal jobs lost

"Department of Commerce"
43,880 jobs lost

8,416 jobs lost

Government jobs don't count as jobs because reasons

Ted Cruz

"Abolish the IRS"
89,500 jobs lost

5,000 jobs lost

"Department of Energy"
13,341 federal jobs lost

"Department of Commerce"
43,880 jobs lost

8,416 jobs lost

You need to double Commerce, because he's going to fire them all twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom