• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these ideas are just plain stupid.

Others are clearly due to ignorance and illiteracy.

It's so weird to see the gop arguing we need to turn the corner as if we haven't.

Bush rekt
Trump rekt
Kasich clockedT (seriously he done)

I agree with Bush and Kasich.

I don't agree on Trump. I don't think any of this matters to Trump supporters. I really, really don't. I think he maintains his 30% ish percentage. Does he grow beyond that, probably not. But it's enough to eat into someone else's delegate count.

kingkitty

Jeb! did better, but not good enough.

Kasich tried and failed, again.

Rand had a good night...but it won't help him with Repub voters.

Cruz won.

Rubio won. He is also dreamy.

Fiorina won.

Christie won.

This is the worst debate performance for Trump, but I'm not even going to bother guessing how bad/good his polls will do.

Carson is incoherent and boring as fuck, but that doesn't really matter to his supporters.

jtb

Banned
I don't see how this debate changes anything, other than further burying Jeb! and Kasich. even if the establishment coalesces around Rubio, I don't see how he can even begin to chip away at Carson or Trump's support. Fiorina is done too, if she was going to take off, it would have happened by now.

Does anyone else think Firoina is running for Veep? To me she toes the line between establishment policies and outsider status. I feel like that's how she's positioning herself. Just my opinion, though.

I don't understand how Cruz got away with saying let Bank of America fail, but Kasich got tripped by saying the opposite and saying only partially let the bank fail? The crowd seemed to be on who's side? I don't understand.

I agree with Bush and Kasich.

I don't agree on Trump. I don't think any of this matters to Trump supporters. I really, really don't. I think he maintains his 30% ish percentage. Does he grow beyond that, probably not. But it's enough to eat into someone else's delegate count.

Bush needed something to stop the bleeding but there was nothing here that will do that. He'll continue to decline or hold at 5% or whatever which is basically a loss.

Kaisch is WTF OMG done. If he even makes it to the kids table it will be a miracle.

Trump and Carson will keep their audience with little decline. Both played to their base and scored points, but there was no knockout.

Everyone else is going to shuffle support and stay at or under 10% between Carly, Rubio, Cruz, and Paul.

I've decided who Fiorina reminds me of. She's a female Rod Serling. Like, she doesn't look like him, and I have no idea what his political beliefs are, but she speaks exactly like him. Same kind of cadence and such. Especially on her closing remarks tonight.

Bush needed something to stop the bleeding but there was nothing here that will do that. He'll continue to decline or hold at 5% or whatever which is basically a loss.

Kaisch is WTF OMG done. If he even makes it to the kids table it will be a miracle.

Trump and Carson will keep their audience with little decline. Both played to their base and scored points, but there was no knockout.

Everyone else is going to shuffle support and stay at or under 10% between Carly, Rubio, Cruz, and Paul.
Yep I agree with this assessment. Basically nothing changed. Trump-Carson clown car will continue to soar, the insurgency by Rubio-Cruz will continue rise while Jeb and Rand will continue to hold their pace. Clear loser was Kasich. Dude flew too close to the sun. Master Troll Cruz is not the one to be messed with.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
We need Rmoney to jump in because Rubio is seriously dangerous and bush is atrocious and can't stop him. Seriously what is his problem. Stuttering constantly. Jokes all miss. Can't make a point. Addresses Hillary Clinton with all of his responses. Bitch you so far back you can't even see Hillary Clinton. Why don't you start taking swipes at people with their feet on your neck?

Does anyone else think Firoina is running for Veep? To me she toes the line between establishment policies and outsider status. I feel like that's how she's positioning herself. Just my opinion, though.
TjwugvL.jpg

?
Rand won the debate when the music started playing

My current, sleepy take is that this debate won't shake things up too much. I could see the Establishment vote start to coalesce around Rubio as Jeb and Kasich fail to get the attention of the voter base. But most of the other candidates looked to me like they just did what they've been doing, so I expect they'll do as well as they've been doing. Like, I thought Cruz did well, but I don't know where his support would come from, were he to rise in the polls. Same with Paul. They might grab a bit when Jeb and Kasich start to bleed, but I imagine the lions share of that will go to Rubio. We'll see. I can't prognosticate for shit, anyway.

Konka

Banned
We need Rmoney to jump in because Rubio is seriously dangerous and bush is atrocious and can't stop him. Seriously what is his problem. Stuttering constantly. Jokes all miss. Can't make a point. Addresses Hillary Clinton with all of his responses. Bitch you so far back you can't even see Hillary Clinton. Why don't you start taking swipes at people with their feet on your neck?

Mitt Romney to the rescue: Here’s how GOP chaos may bring him out of political retirement

jeb_romney_rubio.jpg

If the republican party is in such bad shape that ROMNEY is the best shot at a legitimate candidate they might as well pack it up

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My current, sleepy take is that this debate won't shake things up too much. I could see the Establishment vote start to coalesce around Rubio as Jeb and Kasich fail to get the attention of the voter base. But most of the other candidates looked to me like they just did what they've been doing, so I expect they'll do as well as they've been doing. Like, I thought Cruz did well, but I don't know where his support would come from, were he to rise in the polls. Same with Paul. They might grab a bit when Jeb and Kasich start to bleed, but I imagine the lions share of that will go to Rubio. We'll see. I can't prognosticate for shit, anyway.

Agreed, the debate was too badly moderated to move the scales at all. Even my deeply conservative father called me up and asked what the fuck was going on there, like I'm supposed to know every reporter on god's green earth. That's besides the point, what I'm saying is we'll be hearing some complaints about this debate as well. They went too far in the other direction compared to the CNBC one.

If he's going to jump in it'll need to be before the end of the year, if he waits too long dethroning Trump will be impossible. Trump is like Whitney's Miltank, either you KO him early or that Rollout is gonna get you.

danm999

So I felt like Trump gave his worst performance yet but that won't affect his numbers much if it all.Carson seemed his usual self too.

Are the undecideds still really high or have people made up their mind and this shit show is just going to play out until Iowa?

Gotchaye

Agreed, the debate was too badly moderated to move the scales at all. Even my deeply conservative father called me up and asked what the fuck was going on there, like I'm supposed to know every reporter on god's green earth. That's besides the point, what I'm saying is we'll be hearing some complaints about this debate as well. They went too far in the other direction compared to the CNBC one.

They've been patting themselves on the back for the last few hours for how well they let the candidates get their ideas across without making it about the moderators. Carson and Trump praised the moderation of the debate too. Unless the format is now so boring that nobody watches the next one, I think this is what we're getting for a while.

So I felt like Trump gave his worst performance yet but that won't affect his numbers much if it all.Carson seemed his usual self too.

Are the undecideds still really high or have people made up their mind and this shit show is just going to play out until Iowa?

Trump and Carson seemed to disappear for large shares of time. They know their support is not dependent on debates.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They've been patting themselves on the back for the last few hours for how well they let the candidates get their ideas across without making it about the moderators. Carson and Trump praised the moderation of the debate too. Unless the format is now so boring that nobody watches the next one, I think this is what we're getting for a while.

Shoot me now. There has to be some pushback after that shit show. That was literally the worst debate I've ever seen.

Do Moderators not exist to point out brazen bullshit the people involved try to pull? If we want a free for all why don't we just start doing debates via the Thunderdome? No talking. Two people enter. One person leaves--and snags a nomination. There's also a huge difference between getting "their ideas across" and being allowed to chant rhetoric.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I don't understand how Cruz got away with saying let Bank of America fail, but Kasich got tripped by saying the opposite and saying only partially let the bank fail? The crowd seemed to be on who's side? I don't understand.

Mind you he elaborated on the interview afterwards saying he will let them fail and FDIC insurance would cover people. There is no way of getting around letting big banks fails, specially one like BoA. You either save the rich bastards, break the bank up or you let them fail and hope the FDIC is enough to help out the folks at the bottom.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mind you he elaborated on the interview afterwards saying he will let them fail and FDIC insurance would cover people.

But what about the repercussions to the larger economy? Something like BoA failing is going to do a lot of damage to the economy, like no joke that would be one of the worst things that could happen. It's exactly what everyone was worried about in 2008, always remember that the recession could have just as easily been a depression.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Kasich and rand Paul will dropout before the end of the year I'll predict

Kasich? Sure, he doesn't go after the establishment candidates like Rubio and Jeb. He's just dead weight trying to gain a few percentage points of Trumps back.

I want Paul deep. He keeps the establishment puppets honest at times.

GnawtyDog

Banned
But what about the repercussions to the larger economy? Something like BoA failing is going to do a lot of damage to the economy, like no joke that would be one of the worst things that could happen. It's exactly what everyone was worried about in 2008, always remember that the recession could have just as easily been a depression.

Obviously, he's a damn nut. If the bank were to fail I think it would be a perfect time to seize the moment and break it up, and mend the loses that impact the small folk. That's my take on BoF failing. I'm sure as hell NOT for bailing them out - again. BoF account holder myself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Let them keep their training wheels on all the way to the general.

Yea, but goddamn it if we're gonna have Trump in this we need to make sure he can be as funny as humanly possible. I want more Trump ether.

Obviously, he's a damn nut. If the bank were to fail I think it would be a perfect time to seize the moment and break it up.

Letting it fail would still be bad. I do hope you mean saving before it does go under and then break it up.

A failing bank is more than just damage to the small folk, it'd do a lot of damage to various businesses across the economic spectrum. There'd be a pretty big ripple.

Kasich? Sure, he doesn't go after the establishment candidates like Rubio and Jeb. He's just dead weight trying to gain a few percentage points of Trumps back.

I want Paul deep. He keeps the establishment puppets honest at times.
Only because of lack of money. I don't think they can stay in much longer

Nearly every GOP answer was a joke or just stupid.

Ted Cruz wants us to go back on the gold standard, argues stupid reasons for it. He would let BofA fail because he's a moron.

Jeb! argued we need more capital requirements for big fnancial institutions, then railed against Dodd-Frank...WHICH FUCKING RAISED CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS.

Ugh.

Carly repeated idiotic Fannie/Freddie myths about the recession which has been debunked time and again. They are all literally advocating for the shit that led to the financial crash and no one argues against them. All Carly does is lie.

Rubio is all fluff. He just sounds good but he says very little.

Trump says nothing at all. Everything is "I'll do it cuz I'm Trump." There is no substance to anything he says.

Carson, I don't even know what planet he's fucking on. My girlfriend who watched the debates for the first time asked me if he was stoned the entire time, lol.

The Republicans describe a world that does not exist. America is in ruins, Obama ruined it, we're all dying, mass hysteria, etc. They really don't understand that Obama, from any objective measure, has been an overall success.

The only one out there that seems remotely rational other than Kasich is Rand. Now, I disagree with a lot of what he says, but at least he makes a coherent argument. At least he doesn't lie about what he states. At least he's willing to criticize some of the horrible economic and foreign policy arguments being made.

God. What the GOP has become in the last 8 years is startling.

BTW, I really wish I could have been in the audience for Carly's closing statements. I would have totally interrupted here.

"The nominee will face off against Hillary Clinton. Carly Fiorina can beat Hillary. Carly Fiorina will beat Hillary."

Me: "YOU COULDN'T EVEN BEAT BARBARA BOXER LOLOLOLOL."

The Republicans describe a world that does not exist. America is in ruins, Obama ruined it, we're all dying, mass hysteria, etc. They really don't understand that Obama, from any objective measure, has been an overall success.
Which is why I am still open to Trump being a Clinton plant theory. Nearly all of the candidates on stage are millionaires, but Trump is a b. He's sitting pretty high up there and I'm sure he gets a clearer look at the economy through just business financial dealings that the US economy is doing good. He might believe that we're not doing as great as we should, but no way he believes in D'Souza's version of Obama.

Which is why I am still open to Trump being a Clinton plant theory. Nearly all of the candidates on stage are millionaires, but Trump is a b. He's sitting pretty high up there and I'm sure he gets a clearer look at the economy through just business financial dealings that the US economy is doing good. He might believe that we're not doing as great as we should, but no way he believes in D'Souza's version of Obama.

I'd say there's a big difference between being an opportunist and saying things you don't believe and being a plant.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd say there's a big difference between being an opportunist and saying things you don't believe and being a plant.

I don't think he's a plant, but I'd also believe Bill played him. Trump's the kind of guy where if you understand him, you could probably get him to do what you want him to do--so long as you make him think it's his idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom