• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This won't move the needle either way but....

"We don't talk" lol

Yeah, I think in the end this debate won't get much play. Next Trump Tape will make it forgetable.

Trump did what he needed to do though. He absolutely played to his base. It was like Limbaugh and Hannity wrote his every answer. So in the sense that he possibly reinvigorated that base, he had a good night.

Can't imagine he gained any support from tonight though.

TS-08

How is people's takeaway not that Trump said that he would appoint a prosecutor to put his political opponent in jail if he wins? What country are we living in?

Yeah that was actually kind of frightening, but unfortunately it won't really be a discussed moment.

kadotsu

Banned
Trump played too much to his base. Clinton tried too hard to get to a talking point in several instances. If we are just talking undecideds I'd give it to her 55/45.

the sound bites to come from this will crush Trump

Pence diss

+

the locker room bullshit, especially.

Yeah I felt his response to the tape was a disaster and I was under the impression how he responded to that was critical for the support of Republicans.

Damn, I wanted to believe that Pence story too hard.

Sianos

That was quite the clusterfuck - understandably so, how do you debate a wild animal just flinging its shit? No one wins, we're all losers, but Mike Pence is the biggest loser.

Sibylus

Banned
Hillary: B
Donald: F

I know we were all hoping he'd blow his gasket completely, but much of his performance tonight was disgraceful and disruptive. He utterly failed to make a case for himself outside of his deplorable base.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
That pence bit sink will him longterm

Funny thing is that his stunt will deviate attention from his not disaster performance

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why Hillary didn't go for the killing blow

It really dispels the narrative that she chose the timing of that video being released. She probably doesn't want to get her hands dirty or make the attacks look too partisan.

Veelk

Banned
I think Hillary has a serious problem with being unable to actually attack Donald.

He brings up Bill's problems, she deflects to talk about how much he sucks without actually addressing his statements on bill.

She doesn't do enough to point out how horseshit this whole email scandal is and is just trying to squeak by saying "I know I fucked up, wouldn't do it again"

She's got mad policy skills, but she shouldn't keep trying to tank all those hits, especially since she has bigger issues trying to communicate her meaningful and therefore complex policies while Trump works in soundbites that mean nothing but are easier to digest.

Oh man. I really hope the polls end up vindicating her, but after this spectacular weekend, I expected to see a televised verbal murder happen on stage. Instead, Raddatz chewed him out over his bullshit more than she did.

How is people's takeaway not that Trump said that he would appoint a prosecutor to put his political opponent in jail if he wins? What country are we living in?

Like 10% of the country cares about liberalism and the constitution.

Human beings are dumb and that's how dictators like Saddam and Stalin happen.

Hillary didn't do anything great, but there is some stuff from there that should be damaging against Trump (yeah, yeah I know). "Locker room banter" and the stuff about him prosecuting her if he becomes prez.

The real loser of the debate is the GOP. Supporters definitely loved that shit.

Boke1879

Personally I think the Pence part, and throwing her in jail part is bad for him.

Emails were Clinton's worst part.

Yall expect an MMA match too much.

Brinbe

media calling wash so far until they get the instant polls then that drives opinion.

But Hillary was definitely a B-ish grade and Trump was a D-.

Slizeezyc

Hillary didn't get an A, but Trump didn't, like, do the Town Hall thing. That was maybe the worst Town Hall I've seen from someone ever.

Blader

Trump seemed noticeably crazier this time compared to the 1st debate. It's probably a level of crazy that plays well to the base, but I can't imagine it helps with the undecideds at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom