• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think Hillary has a serious problem with being unable to actually attack Donald.

He brings up Bill's problems, she deflects to talk about how much he sucks without actually addressing his statements on bill.

She doesn't do enough to point out how horseshit this whole email scandal is and is just trying to squeak by saying "I know I fucked up, wouldn't do it again"

She's got mad policy skills, but she shouldn't keep trying to tank all those hits, especially since she has bigger issues trying to communicate her meaningful and therefore complex policies while Trump works in soundbites that mean nothing but are easier to digest.

Oh man. I really hope the polls end up vindicating her, but after this spectacular weekend, I expected to see a televised verbal murder happen on stage. Instead, Raddatz chewed him out over his bullshit more than she did.
She doesn't want to be dragged into the mud with him. And that's the right move.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hillary again got a fantastic commercial with Trump admitting to Anderson he paid no taxes and was happy about it.

SexyFish

Banned
-Trump said he would jail Hillary.
-Trump said he didn't agree with Pence.
-Trump said that he didn't pay taxes.

I really think there is no way he won this debate.

To quote Trump, "That was a complete disaster."

I hated this debate, so much. It felt like rambling on both sides. She was a lot more coherent, don't get me wrong, but she got into the mud with him a few too many times for my taste.

sazzy

He did better than the first debate.

Or rather, Hillary did worse than the first debate. She was clearly rattled.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I said she wouldn't try to make a big deal from that video because it would bring Clinton's past back to forefront, and still might depending on how much Trump tries to make a big deal out of it with the ones who accused Bill. As soon as Bill would comment on this, the media would run with it for a few days at least, and at this point in a campaign every hour's impact on the final results is magnified.

I think Trump's poll numbers won't be much worst in two or three days, unless worst comes out.

The worst thing that could happen is Pence dropping. I don't think Giulliani would help, maybe Christie would.

This is going to remain a very tight race and Trump still has a chance to win this, a LOT of people are going to decide to vote for Trump only once they got their pen over the ballot. This is a once in a life-time opportunity for most to vote for "something different", and many will just decide to do so at the last minute regardless of who is on the ballot. Happens all over the world in small and big elections, same old pattern.

Tarydax

Banned
That debate would have been a lot better if there were no audience questions.

I don't think Hillary did as well as the previous debate. She never once really got under his skin like before, and some of her answers (the Lincoln thing comes to mind) just weren't good at all. Her performance was disappointing, but she's still leagues better than Tim Kaine. She was fine for the most part.

Trump, though. He called America stupid, he admitted he didn't pay federal income taxes, he threatened to jail Hillary, he disagreed with Mike Pence, and he provided waaaaaaaaaaaay more ad material than Pence ever did. I will say that for all his rambling, he didn't fuck up as much as I was expecting him to; he didn't completely shit his pants or anything. I was thinking he would be like a wild animal that got cornered, but he was just sickly, low-energy Donald most of the time. I don't think we'll ever see him call Hillary a gendered slur at this point.

Kid Heart

People I think might be giving Trump too much credit.

Keep in mind he threatened to throw Hillary in jail and threw his VP under the bus. Trump was pretty much as terrible as last time.

Hillary could have been better, but was on topic most of the night. Only answer I though was flat out terrible was her answer to the wikileaks private speech.

I think Kev's assessment is pretty much dead on, maybe giving Hill a B- instead of a C+

I said she wouldn't try to make a big deal from that video because it would bring Clinton's past back to forefront, and still might depending on how much Trump tries to make a big deal out of it with the ones who accused Bill. As soon as Bill would comment on this, the media would run with it for a few days at least, and at this point in a campaign every hour's impact on the final results is magnified.

I think Trump's poll numbers won't be much worst in two or three days, unless worst comes out.

The worst thing that could happen is Pence dropping. I don't think Giulliani would help, maybe Christie would.

This is going to remain a very tight race and Trump still has a chance to win this, a LOT of people are going to decide to vote for Trump only once they got their pen over the ballot. This is a once in a life-time opportunity for most to vote for "something different", and many will just decide to do so at the last minute regardless of who is on the ballot. Happens all over the world in small and big elections, same old pattern.

stop. this isn't going happen especially after Friday.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't know, Donald was strong once or twice, but he rambled, paced around, sniffled, physically intimidated by standing behind her... And Hillary did struggle at times.

But Hillary made sense, didn't fall apart for the beginning 20 minutes like he did, and she answered the questions. He didn't a lot of the times.

Plus have these CNN fools forgotten about what he did an hour before? How quickly the media forgets.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People in here should be so happy about a draw. Everybody still sticks with Trump and more damaging oppo drops later this month crushing their reputations.

Hazmat

Steve Schmidt is the first person on MSNBC to mention that it's fucked up that Trump threatened to jail her, and they cut him off for Conway.

royalan

I think Hillary has a serious problem with being unable to actually attack Donald.

He brings up Bill's problems, she deflects to talk about how much he sucks without actually addressing his statements on bill.

She doesn't do enough to point out how horseshit this whole email scandal is and is just trying to squeak by saying "I know I fucked up, wouldn't do it again"

She's got mad policy skills, but she shouldn't keep trying to tank all those hits, especially since she has bigger issues trying to communicate her meaningful and therefore complex policies while Trump works in soundbites that mean nothing but are easier to digest.

Oh man. I really hope the polls end up vindicating her, but after this spectacular weekend, I expected to see a televised verbal murder happen on stage. Instead, Raddatz chewed him out over his bullshit more than she did.

Agree.

There were several points that she could have bombed the fuck of him, but didn't.

Whenever he questioned her judgment, she should have brought up how his own party is abandoning him. But she didn't

When he ADMITTED to not paying taxes, she should have unleashed fury. But nope. She let him move on from that.

She should have pivoted the Deplorable question on pointing out the support Trump is getting from hate groups, but she ducked it entirely.

Hilary won on substance, but she should have been a lot more aggressive. She's STILL too concerned with not offending Republicans. She won't slam dunk a debate against Trump until she gets over that

Brinbe

Remember that a lot of the narrative changed after the media rolled through the substance of the debate and the fact checks came in. Same thing happened with the VP debate too.

Wait till tomorrow for the serious journalists to go in on his lack of substance.

Hopfrog

Feel like this might be the time when the low expectations for Trump kick in. Media will love grading him on a curve as it gives them their horse-race back.

DrMungo

Clinton did solid but not a knockout. Her Wall Street answer was probably more effective if she just didn't mention Lincoln.

Trump was all other the place that his base would love. Some zingers but unabashed gibberish. Also Pence got thrown under the bus.

BiggNife

This seems really unlikely to me considering even at her lowest points most prediction models have had Hillary at a 70% chance of winning.

The silent majority thing is a myth. It wasn't true in the primaries, I don't see why it would be true now.

Teggy

MSNBC agrees that he didn't shit the bed but put a lot of bad stuff for ads like Pence (lock her up) and this makes it a lot harder for the GOP, and who knows maybe that was the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom