• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizeezyc

Hillary mentioned in her answer that she'd like to see Citizens United overturned to get the bad money out of politics, Donald went from that to his own self-funding so that he wasn't beholden to outsiders and queried why Hillary didn't self-fund. It was among the more rational of his responses.

He says he's self-funding his campaign (he's not).

CuYEtTVVYAAVtTc.jpg

Most of you should never be in charge of anything remotely resembling a competition. You'd all be throwing Hail Marys in the last 2 minutes of a football game that you're winning by 30, and you'd have a crippled team to show for it.

Liberals suck so much. If you flipped this debate, and Hillary Clinton was a Republican, then the Right would be pumping their fists and shouting from the rooftops how badly they won that. But on the Left, we gotta have quotable memes and shit or it doesn't count.

It is funny that in a townhall debate were you were suppose to answer the questions that the people were asking, that it is more about whom attacks whom more.

I do not think Trump won, but it looks more complicated than that. The ones that wanted to see Hillary on a spike will love that he was aggressive the entire time, the ones that wanted Hillary to roast him was disappointed, and the ones that probably wanted a policy debate got what they wanted in a small part.

It looked like the Clinton campaign figured that Trump was going to do an all out attack they were completely right in that regard and it looked like her statement of going low to his level wasn't something that she was going to do. We'll she how that played out in the scientific polls.

Veelk

Banned
There is no way to out-argue a bully. You get into an insult game with them, you lose because they will race to the bottom faster and dirtier then you ever will. You try to ignore it, you lose as they continuously fire off stupid insults.You try to point out that their behavior is unacceptable, you lose because clearly the behavior is normalized otherwise it wouldn't have gotten to this point.

There's just nothing you can do, the very act of bullying is this unbeatable psychological position. I really loved that one Community episode about it.

Man, idk.

I just can't equate to what Trump does to something I see plenty of neogafers, myself included, do when they get riled up in debates with people spewing some form of bullshit. Maybe it'd would be better if every discussion was without any anger in it, but I certainly don't think it's bullying in all cases.

Hillary Clinton telling Trump that he's being horrible by insulting how stupid Americans are would not be bullying, and neither would taking him to the wall for admitting he doesn't pay taxes and nor several of the things he said tonight. It'd be calling out someone for being a dipshit. Which he is, by any reasonable standards, and I think that kind of eviseration would be taken well. Elizabeth Warren does it all the time, recently against the Wells Fargo CEO and no one thought she was being meanspirited for it.

KMS

A Presidential candidate joking about locking up their opponent is like them joking about nuking some country.

It's not a joking matter...

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I don't think there's a reasonable argument that Trump did anything tonight to gain votes, but certainly did some things to lose them.

rodvik

Trump didn't collapse, but he was angry, condescending, rude, interrupting, etc. It was an awful experience to watch. Came off like a colossal jerk.

I do wonder if that might actually end up mattering a fair bit. Regardless of the content of what he says, the more you see of him the less likeable he is.

Revolver

Just think, a man that admitted to sexual assault called for the jailing of his opponent and threw his running mate under the bus. Weird night.

impirius

Thank you, CNN panel, for not letting up on the fact that threatening to lock up your political opponent is waaaaaaay beyond the pale

watershed

Banned
Man, idk.

I just can't equate to what Trump does to something I do when I get riled up in debates with people spewing some form of bullshit.

Hillary Clinton telling Trump that he's being horrible by insulting how stupid Americans are would not be bullying, and neither would taking him to the wall for admitting he doesn't pay taxes and nor several of the things he said tonight. It'd be calling out someone for being a dipshit. Which he is, by any reasonable standards, and I think that kind of eviseration would be taken well. Elizabeth Warren does it all the time, recently against the Wells Fargo CEO and no one thought she was being meanspirited for it.

Did you watch the debate? At least twice Hillary listed the different people Trump has insulted, taking the audience through each instance and showing just how unfit for office he is. That may not seem like an attack to you, but Hillary is reminding everyone at home who Donald Trump is. it works. It's been working. That's why he's losing.

ctothej

I think Clinton scored a clear win tonight. While she didn't get the feel good victory she had after the first debate, Trump's answers tonight are going to bite him in the ass over the next few days.

Liberals have actually done an amazing job at yelling at media people until they covered issues.

I know it has to be ridiculously annoying for media people to be constantly policed by liberals on Twitter, but liberals yelling on Twitter got the media to report on the Trump Foundation and might cause the media to have to cover how only a state like North Korea imprisons political opponents.

anaron

the longer people analyze this they'll have to confront how despicable he truly was tonight and it will shift in Hillary's favour

I can:

a.) Think Donald Trump will not win.
b.) Still be furious to watch him propose a political revenge jailing of his opponent should he win, and then listen to his surrogates try to play it off as a laugh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can:

a.) Think Donald Trump will not win.
b.) Still be furious to watch him propose a political revenge jailing of his opponent should he win, and then listen to his surrogates try to play it off as a laugh.

Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom