• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

These CNN undecided voters just summed up his problems with anyone but his shrinking base.

For everything that went into this election the map may just end up being a mix of Obama 08/12 with maybe an added bonus like AZ or GA.

Effect

Is Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC because he sounds sane and will actually admit when Trump or republicans are wrong at times? That's the only reason I can think of. He's still a conservative radio host but he doesn't come off as a lunatic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL only a few people said Trump put the tape issue behind him.

Measley

Is it true that there's a Trump tape out there where he's using the "N" word?

There's a rumor swirling around the net about it.

Owzers

Is Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC because he sounds sane and will actually admit when Trump or republicans are wrong at times? He's still a conservative radio host but he doesn't come off as a lunatic.
He's been insufferable before the trump tape, he's looking for an off ramp.

Strimei

Hillary mentioned in her answer that she'd like to see Citizens United overturned to get the bad money out of politics, Donald went from that to his own self-funding so that he wasn't beholden to outsiders and queried why Hillary didn't self-fund. It was among the more rational of his responses.
Thanks for connecting the dots. It still seemed a bit bizarre to me, though.

Yeah, I saw a few tweets along those lines too;

Shouting "Why didn't you do it?" over and over again also looked a lot like bullying and as an added benefit, showed he has absolutely zero understanding of how the government works. I thought her comment on the veto didn't go far enough, she should have taken the opportunity to explain basic civics to him like a child.

Yeah that reminded me of my (literally) insane, abuse father looming over my mother and myself at times when he was at his worst. I told my mother about it and while she didn't notice it consciously, she did note that she felt unnerved by how he was standing behind her like that, and how he acted.

The jail comment is getting some play and not in a good way.

You mean bad for Trump, right?

Veelk

Banned
Did you watch the debate? At least twice Hillary listed the different people Trump has insulted, taking the audience through each instance and showing just how unfit for office he is. That may not seem like an attack to you, but Hillary is reminding everyone at home who Donald Trump is. it works. It's been working. That's why he's losing.

True, but everyone here agrees, there were several opportunities for Hillary to do a lot more damage than she did. It's frustrating, and people say it was a way of avoiding getting in the mud with a bully, but I just disagree. It's a legitimate tactic to go all in when her debate opponent is so vile and is openly showing such a weakness as he is. More than that, it would have had long term effects on the rest of the debate. Trump kept an even keel for the most part, and he might not have if she attacked him harder on certain issues, which would have left more questions over the longer term in her favor.

I still think Hillary won and all, but she could have ENDED him, right here. It's frustrating that she didn't. Especially when the 3rd debate, moderated by someone from Fox, will have more going against her than any other.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
2 people said it was right to bring up Bill's infidelities.

1 PERSON SAID TRUMP WON.

We don't know. Everyone's pretty sure there's one tape of him saying stuff worse than sexual assault and one tape as bad, but no one knows what is in the two tapes.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Media seems to be slowly circling around the jail comment.

Good.

Is Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC because he sounds sane and will actually admit when Trump or republicans are wrong at times? That's the only reason I can think of. He's still a conservative radio host but he doesn't come off as a lunatic.

He's a shitbag. The other day he admitted he was against Trump not cause he found his words/actions offensive but because he knew he's not going to win anymore.

YouGov has it as 47-42 Hillary.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/10/09/post-debate-poll/

A tie or slight Hillary win with the media spin being completely pro-Hillary because of how deranged Trump's comments are in historical context would be a good result.

but bernie would have won it 99 - 1 smh

Seriously, despite my worries in the immediate aftermath I think this might turn into a net positive for the Dems. Media's out for blood on Trump and for good selfish reason (that WaPo article got allllllllll the clicks) and focusing on the jail comments and shit like that could be great.

I just wish his shitty fucking answer about Aleppo would get reamed.

Vestal

25 people.

2 People say it was a good idea to bring out Bills indiscretions..

LOL

HILLDAWG Won with Ohio Undecideds.

Strimei

One of the producers of the Apprentice said there's far worse that he said behind the scenes, but apparently Mark Burnnett or whatever his name is (the executive producer) has basically a $6 million fee if you leak the tape, and he's a Trump supporter, so you can imagine he doesn't want it out.

Still...it'll get out.

Plinko

Little over half of the undecideds said Hillary won, less than half said it was a draw, 1 said Trump did (same person who said it was OK for him to bring up Bill's infidelity).

Boke1879

Thanks for connecting the dots. It still seemed a bit bizarre to me, though.

Yeah that reminded me of my (literally) insane, abuse father looming over my mother and myself at times when he was at his worst. I told my mother about it and while she didn't notice it consciously, she did note that she felt unnerved by how he was standing behind her like that, and how he acted.

You mean bad for Trump, right?

Not good for him at all.

Yea this isn't a win for Trump. It may seem a bit closer because of optics but that's what killed him as well.

Slayven

A lot of people are saying, including many that worked with him on stuff. But people scared because there is a 5 million dollar fine for leaking shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom