• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
Appalled that he said the 250,000 people in Aleppo are essentially dead - "Aleppo's lost".

I don't think either candidate really answered the questions properly, but for Hillary that's because she was obviously expecting more of a debate - she says something, Trump argues the point, she argues her point more solidly. She was needing more time to actually flesh-out her policy answers.

Anyone else think Hillary's campaign are going to use Trump saying "She's strong... She's a fighter" for an ad? :D

Dierce

The problem is that Clinton didn't have a strategy to build upon but I can completely understand it. You can't really tell what the questions are going to be and in what order they will come in. On the other hand orange turd just lies and doesn't answer questions and sticks to talking points.

So Trump won?

Yeah he won. Not that he was very impressive but he took the fight to her and brought her down to his level.

Don't think it will matter. The only thing I think really worked for him is when he calls out democrats for failing to help the inner cities for decades despite promising to do so. Not saying it's true, but it is a good sound bite.

Full disclosure: I am a conservative and a republican but think Trump is a clown and did not vote for him in the primary and likely will not in the general.

At this point it is now 100% accurate to describe Trump as fascist

Hmm, the only issue there is that Mussolini and Hitler were such mental midgets that they never really actually put together a coherent definition of fascism.

Trump's behavior is also similar to Putin, Saddam, and plenty of other people who would not be considered fascists.

Strimei

I'm really stuck on Trump's answer about the supreme court at the end, just how nonsensical he got about it.

I mean, he just suddenly wandered from the supreme court to how Hillary's campaign was funded. What the fuck was that even about? How'd he get there? I thought I had nodded off or something for a moment when that happened.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
As I said in the other thread, I'm not too thrilled about the results. Hillary missed a bunch of prime opportunities for knockout punches. It's almost as if she got overconfident or something.

Veelk

Banned
ALL of this. The Kaine/Pence debate was one of the most frustrating things I've ever watched, but this one managed to be ten times that. She should have beat him into the ground when he called America stupid, or when he admitted to not paying taxes, but she didn't. The amount of missed opportunities is just staggering. I think she did better than Kaine, but that's really not saying much. She never got under his skin like before

She needs to stop treating Republicans like they're redeemable. These people support a racist-Islamophobic-misogynist who openly bragged about assaulting women. They really are a basket of deplorables. They're not capable of changing for the better and she knows it. Stop pretending that they're something that they're not.

She needed to tie Trump to his party, but at this point I think it's far too late for her to do that (even if her surrogates pick up the slack).

The common defense to this is "she doesn't want to get in the mud with him"

That's fair in regards to not putting him on blast for irrelevant things with his personal life or just calling him childish insults like crooked, but not getting into the mud with him doesn't mean not throwing his failures and mistakes in his face when warranted.

She needs to be more aggressive, and that wouldn't be mudflinging, that'd just be putting the pig in his proper place.

Wilsongt

v5rugA8.png

Cackling

mo60

I'm really stuck on Trump's answer about the supreme court at the end, just how nonsensical he got about it.

I mean, he just suddenly wandered from the supreme court to how Hillary's campaign was funded. What the fuck was that even about? How'd he get there? I thought I had nodded off or something for a moment when that happened.

He shifted from multiple topics in one answer to a question multiple times during the night which is annoying.

Pixieking

Banned
The candidates took steps unheard-of in the genteel tradition of presidential debates, with Donald Trump referring to Hillary Clinton as “the devil” and promising that — if elected — he would order the Justice Department to investigate her. Clinton said at one point that Trump lives “in an alternate reality” and questioned his fitness for office.

So... Um... One candidate is obviously not like the other, so why do I read this paragraph thinking the WaPo is going "Yea, but both sides man"?

Hazmat

Steve Schmidt brings up Trump threatening to jail Clinton if he's elected, they cut to Conway.

Chuck Todd wants to talk about it and they cut to Guiliani.

Fucking do your job, guys.

On the next oppo dump, I'm a little torn. I think a big part of the reason why she let him off the hook on so much stuff tonight was because she wanted his base reinvigorated just now that the GOP officials are abandoning him in droves. Letting the rift widen and harden for a week or so before putting the final nails in the coffin isn't the worst idea in the world.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You don't think him hammering Hillary on shit bill did, then proceed to stand behind her all menacing and shit won't move the needle a bit? Women are pretty perceptive about body language.

Almost 90% of republican women think the tape was not an issue. These women aren't moving.

sphagnum

Banned
Hmm, the only issue there is that Mussolini and Hitler were such mental midgets that they never really actually put together a coherent definition of fascism.

Trump's behavior is also similar to Putin, Saddam, and plenty of other people who would not be considered fascists.

Putin is absolutely in the realm of fascism, though more like a proto fascist or pseudo fascist. His whole shtick is about national rebirth, the strong leader, return to traditional values, rhetoric that there are minorities who bring about outside influences that are undesirable (gays) etc. He just maintains the facade of democracy and hasn't gone down the road of organic class collaboration yet, though he is critical of capitalism from a non left perspective.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah I know but that one is, for some reason, sticking out to me.

Dunno why. Its just leaving me spinning.

It was a really crude and stupid version of gish galloping. Just loads of false or irrelevant bullshit no one could sift through even if they had 15 minutes instead of 2.

Strimei

locking up hillary getting traction now

Yeah I'm seeing it pop up a lot in my twitter feed right now. Good, that shit needs to be talked about, that was scary.

It was a really crude and stupid version of gish galloping. Just loads of false or irrelevant bullshit no one could sift through even if they had 15 minutes instead of 2.

THat probably explains why I feel like I'm still reeling.

benjipwns

Banned
Jesse Lehrich
@JesseLehrich
Foreign Policy Spokesperson for @HillaryClinton
https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/785294631382712321
Jesse Lehrich
‏@JesseLehrich
hey, @realDonaldTrump – regarding your claim that Captain Khan would be alive if you were president:

go fuck yourself.
#debate
6:43 PM - 9 Oct 2016
https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/785301922068692998
Jesse Lehrich
‏@JesseLehrich
I want to apologize for the clearly inappropriate nature and language of this personal tweet. Sorry all.
7:12 PM - 9 Oct 2016

lol

That moment when Trump started screaming about how bad Muslims are to that poor Muslim woman was the most disgusting moment of the campaign and literally no one cares.

There is going to be genocide in the United States in the next 20 years, this is horrifying.

Diablos

Nervous Republicans telling Dana Bash that Trump moved beyond the leaked tape thanks to his performance. I don't know.

Democrats thinking she did good but wondering why she didn't put it away. I kind of asked the same thing. I seriously wonder if women who accused Clinton of rape being there have anything to do with it.

dworkin seems to be doubling down on having evidence discussions are happening re: Pence leaving the ticket.

Why won't these people let me go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom