• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy with her performance. Trump had a mission with nothing to lose hoping to drag Hillary in a constant loop of lies and deflections, but she kept her dignity and stated her case and looked presidential.

watershed

Banned
True, but everyone here agrees, there were several opportunities for Hillary to do a lot more damage than she did. It's frustrating, and people say it was a way of avoiding getting in the mud with a bully, but I just disagree. It's a legitimate tactic to go all in when her debate opponent is so vile and is openly showing such a weakness as he is. More than that, it would have had long term effects on the rest of the debate. Trump kept an even keel for the most part, and he might not have if she attacked him harder on certain issues, which would have left more questions over the longer term in her favor.

Because people want political theater and entertainment but we already know those are 2 things Hillary Clinton is not good at. Trump did not have an even keel. Did you watch him interrupt Hillary over and over? Claim the debate moderators were against him? Ramble incoherently? Lean over in exhaustion? Sniff and breath heavily? He was consistently awful.

johnsmith

remember me
ODZgovg.png

Crocodile

Is Hugh Hewitt on MSNBC because he sounds sane and will actually admit when Trump or republicans are wrong at times? That's the only reason I can think of. He's still a conservative radio host but he doesn't come off as a lunatic.

Nah he's still a loon when it comes to politics. He's just not stupid enough to not see the writing on the wall for Trump. Nicole, Steve, Ben, Micheal Steele are all conservatives who work for MSNBC that don't have their heads up their own ass. That doesn't describe Hewitt 99% of the time.

Blader

Is it true that there's a Trump tape out there where he's using the "N" word?

There's a rumor swirling around the net about it.

Not really. The rumor is that there's (at least) two more major oppo dumps coming, one as bad as the tape from Friday and one that's supposedly worse. No one knows what these entail, but I think most people figure one of the only ways you can have something worse than bragging about sexual assault is Trump using the N-word.

Strimei

Not good for him at all.

Yea this isn't a win for Trump. It may seem a bit closer because of optics but that's what killed him as well.

Just making sure! I wasn't sure how to take "not in a good way". Because my first thought was you meant not in a good way for Hillary. (Long night, I'm tired, my brain's on the fritz after all of Trump's word salads and loomings. Seriously, he really reminded me of my father at his worst a few times, and kinda shook me up).

Yeah he didn't win at all. He plugged some holes in the sinking ship but there's plenty more.

Man, idk.

I just can't equate to what Trump does to something I see plenty of neogafers, myself included, do when they get riled up in debates with people spewing some form of bullshit. Maybe it'd would be better if every discussion was without any anger in it, but I certainly don't think it's bullying in all cases.

Hillary Clinton telling Trump that he's being horrible by insulting how stupid Americans are would not be bullying, and neither would taking him to the wall for admitting he doesn't pay taxes and nor several of the things he said tonight. It'd be calling out someone for being a dipshit. Which he is, by any reasonable standards, and I think that kind of eviseration would be taken well. Elizabeth Warren does it all the time, recently against the Wells Fargo CEO and no one thought she was being meanspirited for it.

I never equated any of those responses as bullying, I just said they're inadequate responses to bullying. Bullying is powerful precisely because life isn't a scripted Sorkin drama where you get to have an elongated preaching monologue full of witty zingers. In reality, Trump immediately starts interrupting and bullying as a response and you're right back where you started. She did the only thing you can do which is say that the behavior is unacceptable, but ultimately that's not a very impressive argument because if it was true than society would have judged accordingly already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom