• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
A few things:

Trump said truly deplorable shit.

His visuals were ATROCIOUS

Clinton disappointed me but did OK.

Liberals stay annoying.

GutsOfThor

Who really is undecided with a few weeks left?

Stupid people.

I'll never forget during the '04 election, an undecided voter was asked 1 week before the election who she was voting for and she said, "Well last week I was going to vote for Kerry but this week I think I'm voting for Bush".

These are the same people who wait for whichever candidate gives them a special feeling in their tum tums.

People are underestimating how good some of clintons answers were. Her 30 years response was great, her energy answer was great. She did a really job of being like "Let me show you how that thing you said was shitty about me was actually a good thing, and heres a few shanks"

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
If it's true that most people only watch like the first 15 minutes of a debate before tuning out then it makes sense that Hillary dominated. Donald was disastrous at first before finding his footing a little bit.

Link

The Autumn Wind
At the very least, the poll numbers confirm people don't just respond to Donald Trump yelling and interrupting with talking points by thinking he won.

Dierce

Well, the only thing orange turd accomplished was getting back the trust of those who were thinking to dump him. Those that already dumped him wont be coming back but I'm completely sure that he didn't gain more than that. So the race remains as it has been for the last week in my opinion.

Kaiterra

Banned
Holy F did Kellyanne basically just say that Trump couldn't have been referring to sexual assault because he's never tried to rape her?

I just want to say Trump did not clear his low bar. The man said he'd put his political opponent in jail. I mean at least he didn't say he'd kill her but this shit is disgusting...............

Zackat

I can't watch TV atm. Are they talking about him saying he would imprison Hillary at all? That was insane.

I am gonna guess him continuing to use Locker Room Talk is one of the talking points as well.

TreIII

Knew y'all were fretting over nuthin.

Now, let's just hang in there and endure this for a few more weeks.

GAH, Maryland, why can't I early vote already...?!

Brinbe

A few things:

Liberals stay annoying.
No lies detected.
People are underestimating how good some of clintons answers were. Her 30 years response was great, her energy answer was great. She did a really job of being like "Let me show you how that thing you said was shitty about me was actually a good thing, and heres a few shanks"

This is very true. She gave some shaky answers when put on the defensive about Bill's past or things like emails. But when talking to the audience members, she mostly did a great job of showing true empathy, truly listening to the person and trying to give them a good and helpful answer.

She could have done better, but she still did more than anyone to make people comfortable with the idea of a President HRC

lol and everyone is going in on Conway, even Wolf hahaha

Amir0x

Banned
Are the bedwetters entertained?

There was never a doubt she would come out looking better. Trump was unhinged. Completely unhinged.

Seriously I know people hate the word, but on top of saying nothing substantive about policy the OPTICS legitimately were horrendous. He was looming over her, sneering at her contemptuously, pacing back and forth, gripping the chair like a maniac, muttering under his breath, getting scolded by the moderator for lying about Hillary taking 25seconds too long. His answer on the BIGGEST STORY of modern presidential politics was disastrous. How could anyone think people were gonna see this as even a draw?

Take a step back people and watch objectively lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Most importantly the polls will impact how the media covers the debate. Polls showing Clinton win means they'll say she won. It's fine. I bought a new comforter today literally tho

AniHawk

A few things:

Liberals stay annoying.

the sniffing, the leaning, the interrupting - i mean jesus the guy just looked unprepared

the election is over, and he will probably cling onto one of the following:
1. jailing hillary
2. khizr khan's new comments
3. gop support that left over the weekend
4. bill's history

and even whatever one of those things he latches onto will be interrupted by another skeleton coming out of his closet... all while early voting is happening and expanding hillary's lead further.

at this point i want the house though. so here's hoping that this weekend expands the lead to 8-10 points.

Dierce

Most importantly the polls will impact how the media covers the debate. Polls showing Clinton win means they'll say she won. It's fine. I bought a new comforter today literally tho

Exactly! The media will also latch on the 'jail' response.

Well, I had downloaded DOOM in pessimistic expectation of being nauseous and enraged by a Trump win...but as it is, I think I'll just play Stardew Valley instead.

'Night everyone, see you in the morning

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Trump has done two classy things throughout his campaign.

The first was in February when Carson was stuck in the wings at the beginning of the Primary debate and Trump stood by him rather than see him embarrassed on his own.

The second was Trump's final answer tonight complimenting Hillary for never giving up.

Two things, in 16 months. That's a very short highlights reel to make him look presidential.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It almost as though these voters can spot a know-nothing bullshit artist. Huh.

We got this.

And more goodies are coming.

If he was a good bullshit artist, he wouldnt be so obvious. He doesnt gish gallop so much as vomit out a stream of conscious version of all his talking points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom