• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Corey should be stuck on Fox News... Holy shit, Zucker bringing the level of discourse down to the fucking sewers with these paid PR Trump shills. Can't get any reasonable GOP spokespeople to defend the man and all you get is this instead.

Veelk

Banned
First question was: "Are you modeling appropriate behavior for today’s youth?"

To go on the attack after that question is bad. Maybe not in the morning, but in the there-and-then, how can she honestly attack him and his party without lowering the quality of the debate? She did policy answers and defending herself over emails, because she figured that she couldn't afford to look bad to that person in the audience (and those watching who thought the same).

Contrast with Trump whining and complaining and saying she was the devil.

No wonder she's winning the instapolls.

Well, as long as she's winning, I'll happily take it. Plus, to argue against myself for a bit, hindsight is 20/20 and I know that I had plenty of situations where, after an argument, I kick myself for not saying something obvious. Like I said before, it's a moot point for me if the polls say it's a decisive victory for hillary. I just maintain that there IS a line of attack she could have gone on that would have did heavy damage on trump and made it more in her favor than even now. But since it turns out that line of attack wasn't necessary, I'll concede the point.

It hardly has to be a speech. Just something like, in response to his questioning of her judgement, maybe say "This, coming from the man whose statements are so reprehensive that he is being abandoned by his own party." It doesn't have to be a 'perfect' by any means but most things would be more effective than nothing with such wide and glaring weaknesses.

I don't entirely disagree with you that being able to rise above it all is a strength. But it's ridiculous to me to suggest that Hillary would be viewed as embarassingly moralizing by calling out stupid and vile shit like his idea that we can just attack a civilian city without warning.

But she explicitly talked about Republicans withdrawing support, she did the very bolded thing you came up with! She also pointed out Trump's history of insults and demeaning comments against all kinds of groups and individuals and called them unacceptable and unbecoming of American values. As far as I can tell she brought up all the things you wanted her to do.

If your point is that she didn't interrupt Trump while he was speaking and throw it out with a bunch of insulting flair than yeah, she didn't do that, but that would be silly and childish.

Debirudog

my bff is also pretty mad that Hillary didn't exactly murder Trump live because he wants her to end his candidacy, but eh, if the polls show she's winning I don't really care all that much

Has anyone checked in on Paul Ryan to see if he's OK? Because while Trump lost the debate he's the giant loser of the night. Trump has him completely pinned in.

SexyFish

Banned
YnTghcF.png

Fahrenthold GIVE ME TAPES ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

GutsOfThor

my bff is also pretty mad that Hillary didn't exactly murder Trump live because he wants her to end his candidacy, but eh, if the polls show she's winning I don't really care all that much

I was mad as well but one of the mods(I'm sorry can't remember who) made an excellent point that right now things are going her way so there is no need to go for the kill especially since it can backfire.

She just needs to coast to Nov. 8th and let whatever videos are leaked do their job.

Not seeing many exciting tweets about GOP turmoil

They have a big problem in that he got the deplorables extremely fired up tonight and excited the base they need to win, but he's so fucking done and the swing states are now completely gone. Pence cancelling events tomorrow is certainly eyebrow raising and Conway definitely looks like she is running on auto mode

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just watched brilliant and talented kellyanne's interview with chris matthews

I think she really knows another shoe is about to drop.

Yeah, I think they're bracing for something else to come out. Trump's answers about the tape were evasive. Instead of saying he never did those things and just squashing it, he dodged. Which probably means he's done it and something could come out.

If there is another scandal on the level of the Billy Bush tape, she won't go down with the ship. Heck, if we get a tape with him saying a racial slur, that would be enough to give Pence an out to stop campaigning

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
To be fair to CNN at least after debate they didn't immediately have Kellyane Conway on like MSNBC
MSNBC will get whoever they can on. After the Clinton campaigm flew me to Chicago to campaign for her in March I got a call from Chris Matthews begging me to do a segment with Rudy Giuliani but I had too many deals to do.

Well, Trump did do better than last time. The problem for him is that, as the CNN poll demonstrates, better than last time is still awful. And much like the VP debate, I don't think the post-debate period will be kind to the Trump campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom