• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

MSNBC will get whoever they can on. After the Clinton campaigm flew me to Chicago to campaign for her in March I got a call from Chris Matthews begging me to do a segment with Rudy Giuliani but I had too many deals to do.

i can never tell when you are joking and when you aren't

kevin1025

Banned
So this happened.

CuXzbxpXgAUoNk0.jpg:large

Chair to speak out on Trump.

Ithil

I can't watch CNN right now. What is corey saying that has everyone so riled up?

He was being absolutely horrible, just yelling and talking over everyone and trying constantly to switch the subject to standard Clinton talking points (to the point of literally yelling "WHO CARES?" and blabbering about emails while they were trying to talk about Trump and sexual assault). Half the people at the table looked ready to hit him.

Him yelling over a woman as she tries to talk about how it was not locker room talk without a hint of self-awareness was especially heinous.

Revolver

Hulked out at Gloria Berger.

That CNN poll must have rustled his jiimmies cause he came unglued right after. Moreso than usual anyway.

I think one of the lowest points was Trump basically telling that Muslim girl that Islamophobia was her fault for not snitching enough.

Holmes

Oh my god, these polls.

She's going to destroy him.
Yeah. He did get his base of supporters really excited tonight, though. But if they're mad at the Republican establishment going into election day (keep the defections coming!), enough might opt not to vote downballot.

Veelk

Banned
He was being absolutely horrible, just yelling and talking over everyone and trying constantly to switch the subject to standard Clinton talking points (to the point of literally yelling "WHO CARES?" and blabbering about emails while they were trying to talk about Trump and sexual assault). Half the people at the table looked ready to hit him.

Him yelling over a woman as she tries to talk about how it was not locker room talk without a hint of self-awareness was especially heinous.

Well....fuck that guy.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I can't wait for CNN to gather all these horrible Trump surrogates together and tell them their "services" are no longer required. Hopefully on the air.

User1608

Banned
Making decisions is neat. White nationalist with poor temperament, shady finances, lack of clear, cohesive platform or a qualified former SoS, Senator and First Lady with a record. So hard.

Brinbe

Yeah. He did get his base of supporters really excited tonight, though. But if they're mad at the Republican establishment going into election day (keep the defections coming!), enough might opt not to vote downballot.

This is a great point and I hope this comes to fruition. The more they distance themselves, the worse it gets for their downballot prospects. it really forces them to stick to Trump unless they want to get completely wiped out in November. They really have no choice because they're extra fucked without the base.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Undecided voters I swear. Y'all need one more fucking debate, really?

Nothing will change with another debate. If by some miracle there was an in-depth policy discussion, it would sail over their heads. Nothing against being independent or whatever, but I can't think of an issue that you couldn't find a candidate's stance on at this point, usually on their website. Compare and contrast. You could fact check whatever you want within an hour.

So either these people are too lazy to do that surface level research, uninterested, or they're voting based off more nebulous things like likability.

Bowdz

I'm so happy to see the results of the YouGOV and CNN polls. CNN was getting dangerously close to calling this a straight Trump win (fucking Smerconish literally said "the night went to Trump"). This now sets the narrative as Clinton winning and Trump becoming unhinged and not doing what he needed to do to turn his campaign around.

I'm glad the public agreed that Trump was unhinged tonight. If he needed to prove that he was stable enough to become president, he failed spectacularly to that end. Even if he was hammering his "she's the same, I'm change" narrative, he looked completely insane. He rambled on every single answer, he interrupted both Clinton and the moderators, he went to his bread and butter talking points (even on questions like "how can you help stop islamophobia"), and his demeanor was terrible. He never spoke to the questioners, he wandered around the stage, and the stalking of Clinton turned off any independent women. On top of all of that, his answers on jailing Clinton and rebuking Pence are going to be the biggest take away from tonight going into next week. It's crazy to me that we have somehow skipped over how he held a fucking presser with Bill's accusers an hour before the debate. Simply unhinged on every single level and truly a performance that only plays to his base.

Clinton was pretty solid throughout with the exceptions of the emails and wikileaks answers. I cannot believe that she got sucked into the email vortex AGAIN. She needs to keep that three sentence answer from the first debate. No deflection, no explanation, just a simple apology and a vow that she has learned and will do better. She can even throw in a line about the FBI to cover all related follow ups about Comey's roasting like "I trust the hardworking intelligence professionals at the FBI and Director Comey and listen and support their investigation and I'll take their criticisms to heart". Something like that, but she needs to NEVER get sucked into another email answer again and Wallace will 100% bring this up at the third debate. Her wikileaks answer proved to me how many people on television haven't actually read the speech excerpts because she described exactly what she was talking about in that speech. That being said, it is in the same ballfield as the emails IMO in that she shouldn't have pivoted to Russia because it comes off as a deflection. Just coherently explain your real beliefs and don't deflect. Beyond that, she crushed the townhall format and connected insanely well with the voters in the hall. It was like night and day compared to Trump. If the media scored the VP debate as a huge win for Pence based on demeanor and body language along, than they should do the same for Clinton.

Ultimately, this may ironically be the best possible outcome. Trump's base is fired up, the GOP was in the process of leaving him, and there are multiple more damaging oppo dumps for Trump meaning the GOP risks losing voters from some block at some point regardless of what they do. After the sham accuser presser pre-debate, I hope Clinton and her team go absolutely scorched earth on Trump and take the House back resoundingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom