• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Gloria Berger (that CNN host?) was going to get up and slap Corey today. He was being such a grade A ass.

Sexual assault is same as deleting emails.

Why would Pence ditch trump at this point?
Well, from reports on Twitter, his team was pissed. He has cancelled his event and fundraiser tomorrow. He knows this ship is going down, and I don't think he has anything to gain by staying on the ticket. I also think he was probably properly offended by the tape. Plus he threw him under the bus tonight.

Also, anyone who is upset about her Wikileaks answer. She actually was telling the truth. That quote was chopped up from when she was talking about the film Lincoln.

I'm not upset with the truthfulness of it, but it was not a good soundbite answer which is sort of hilarious because that was what her answer was about

Ithil

"He minimized sexual assault, he threatened to jail Hillary Clinton, he praised Assad and Putin, he trashed Pence, he promoted Islamophobia, and it was his best night in a week! That's Donald Trump."

Van Jones doesn't play around.

Hazmat

It's what they always do. Play it safe then cha he to what polls said.

MSNBC is doing the same thing. They gave some weak opinions and then interviews with Conway and Guiliani, and only in the last half hour or so are pushing the bad side for Trump.

Why wouldn't he? He knows Trump can't win and he can claim moral courageousness.

Because ditching him likely kills any chance of winning the nomination in 2020, especially after he just tweeted about how he is going to stand by him. Pence is riding a fine line here if he cares about his career.

Toxi

Banned
If you have actual evidence, put it past an actual reliable outlet.

Don't just post about it on twitter like some Wikileaks idiot.

Tubie

She's going to be president and with a Democrat senate.

I'm getting emotional just thinking about it, good can actually win over the evil and disgusting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Clinton won on the economy in CNN debate poll

Did they talk about the economy?

All I remember is the moderators asking the candidates to talk about scandals and the town hall voters asking the candidates to talk less about scandals.

Teggy

Well, from reports on Twitter, his team was pissed. He has cancelled his event and fundraiser tomorrow. He knows this ship is going down, and I don't think he has anything to gain by staying on the ticket. I also think he was probably properly offended by the tape. Plus he threw him under the bus tonight.

Maggie said the cancellation was previously planned in favor of a trip to SC.

benjipwns

Banned
Why do people talk about Mike Pence being a serious threat for 2020? Or as if he was one before Trump picked him?

The dude was on thin ice winning re-election on his own this year.

Why do people talk about Mike Pence being a serious threat for 2020? Or as if he was one before Trump picked him?

No idea. He's an extremist that would fail miserably in a general, let alone some crazy ass Republican primary.

I will not engage in any other political speech/debate fanfiction (because that's what it is) ever again, but I would have liked:

"Trump says he sexually assaults women but that it was just talk. Five black and Latino boys say after torture that they raped a woman and Trump says you should execute them. So, do words matter for evidence or not?"

Anyway, read my actual Daria fanfiction since I feel dirty writing debate fanfiction.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11774579/1/Credence

(PS: @funder is a terrible source)

He isn't, but Pence probably believes that he is.

He's got less chance in 2020 if he stays.
I'm not sure that's true tbh. Stabbing Trump in the back would be really damaging in a primary. But he doesn't have much of a political future either way.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

That's a really good question.

Maybe if they were talking about a run for senate, but even that's extremely questionable.

Diablos

So why the supportive tweet post debate?

Btw I agree with your big post but Trump also fucked up on taxes. Hillary handled it well.

Bowdz

Hillary would be so damn lucky if Pence is her opponent in 2020. He's a standard cookie cutter conservative from the religious right with a terrible track record on the social issues that consistently motivate the Obama coalition. He'd get rolled if he made it to the general, but the rotting corpse of the GOP never sees what piles of shit they roll out into the general.

I'll never forget how hyped up this crop of GOP nominees were. "The deepest bench in history" my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom