• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason the alt-right has been able to take over the Republican party is because it HAS BEEN the Republican party for the past two decades at least.

This alt-right movement is NOTHING NEW. It's white supremacy and "fiscal conservatism" under a new name. This is what the Republican party has been for decades. Minorities have been TELLING you this. In our songs, our movements, our unjustified deaths, for decades.

Own the shame that you deserve for allowing yourselves to ignore it for this long. Don't insult the collective intelligence of persecuted people in this country by pretending what you're only now seeing is new. The Republican party is the party of racism, of sexism, of white nationalism, of hate. And that's what it has been for as long as many of us have been alive.

Well said. Some of the posts in the OT saying that 'we need two viable parties so the GOP need to exist instead of these new Nazis' are a little annoying.

oT41FYI.gif

9tPtW9u.gif

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There are so many similarities, I'm waiting for Trump to brag about having more than enough to eat at home

Trump supporter just quoted Beyoncé's Formation to says hillary is as bad as Donald'a sexual assault! "when he fuck me good, I take his ass to Red Lobster."

Ding II

Kaepernick sat down during a song because people are getting shot.

And that's the problem. The song didn't shoot anyone. More importantly, most of what the song/flag supposedly represents already stands in complete opposition to innocent people getting shot. That's pretty fucking unamerican in my book, the opinions of disgusting bigots and certain craven police officers notwithstanding. He's attacking (well, dissing) something that is almost completely unrelated to the thing he's upset about: "America", as the (largely aspirational) concept that the song/flag is standing in for, doesn't want people getting shot, either.

A flag is just a piece of cloth, an anthem is just a song. The people who live here are what matter. And Kaepernick was trying to bring attention to those people getting shot. You want him to show respect for this country? Then this country should earn that respect by focusing on what actually matters.

I agree with the beginning of that, but the idea that one cannot show respect (even fake respect) for a country until and unless it a perfect utopia is just silly. Blacks getting shot is a real problem that needs to be addressed right away. So is the state of our mental health system. So is our unhealthy ground water, and our dependence of fossil fuels. Drunk drivers. Crazy Republicans. Plenty of shit is fucked up. It always has been and sadly, probably always will be. All the current stuff needs to be fixed ASAP. But saying (implying?) "fuck America" because one's personal pet issue "needs more attention" just doesn't seem like useful addition to the dialog. He's not wrong about the issue or its importance, he's just expressing himself in the most ham-handed way conceivable. (IMO)

Again, it's not his cause, it's the ridiculously broad brush he's wielding in "support" of that cause. (I believe he's likely hurting the cause by inducing overly patriotic diet racists to harden in their views.)

Perhaps he needs to bring a Confederate flag to all his games, and then disrespect that. I could certainly get behind that idea! ;)

Anyway, these are my last words on the subject. I'm not trying to convert anyone. I just wanted to express how Kaep's antics have come across to me. I will go back to lurking and enjoying Adam's tales of domestic adventure. Others in this thread seem awfully hostile, so I'll just go back to eye-rolling silently when appropriate. :)

Go Hillary.

Slizeezyc

Trump supporter just quoted Beyoncé's Formation to says hillary is as bad as Donald'a sexual assault! "when he fuck me good, I take his ass to Red Lobster."

I mean, one is consensual and the other isn't...

It's the dumbest shit in the world either way, but it still doesn't make sense even at a base level.

I wish Democrats would point out how absurdly racist it is to block "Muslim" children in refugee programs.

They are fucking children, they have no idea what religion they are yet.

Joe

At what point does the White House seriously wonder if Trump campaign and Russian officials are sharing information? Trump is getting classified information daily.

jonjonaug

Glenn Beck has been railing against Trump for a while. The pepes hate him on r/The_Donald. But I don't understand the play either. He is the father of teaparty movement. He helped cultivate it, nurture it, and bring it to life in the form of that giant rally ("restore our honor") he did which Jon Stewart countered with "Rally to restore sanity".

I've always thought that Beck was just dumb, but not a purposefully malicious actor like Hannity or Limbaugh.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I've been listening to music with the word "pussy" in it since Friday. It's been an interesting trip. Prince, Ludacris, Asylum Street Spankers, 2 Live Crew, Richard Cheese..
So much good material to be found with this criteria.

Awful good, and legitimately good.

noshten

The only reason the alt-right has been able to take over the Republican party is because it HAS BEEN the Republican party for the past two decades at least.

This alt-right movement is NOTHING NEW. It's white supremacy and "fiscal conservatism" under a new name. This is what the Republican party has been for decades. Minorities have been TELLING you this. In our songs, our movements, our unjustified deaths, for decades.

Own the shame that you deserve for allowing yourselves to ignore it for this long. Don't insult the collective intelligence of persecuted people in this country by pretending what you're only now seeing is new. The Republican party is the party of racism, of sexism, of white nationalism, of hate. And that's what it has been for as long as many of us have been alive.

I've said this many times royalan, this is one thing we can agree on

The thing that worries me are these polls.
I mean collectively we should very well know what Republicans stand for and have stood for well beyond the last 30 decades. Problem is you have another political party that played along for around a decade till the Bush presidency brought all the ugly out of the woodwork but it was always hidden in plain sight.
The very fact that Bush was elected to begin with should have given you a hint - majority of this voter base doesn't care. They were always going to vote Romney/McCain/Trump. Than you have a small amount of vocal shitbrains voting Trump for the lolz, and than you have the final frontier a bunch who have convinced themselves he is actually the most honest person running for president. It's a waste to even try to get these people to change their mind. They will forget all about whatever scandal was going around Trump last week - these people will forget all that and rationalize their hate in the booth.

Focus that effort towards those who are too young to vote, those coming of age, those who will eventually become citizens - get those people as part of the process, because it's their future at stake.
I guess we will see the famous GOTV team in action.

This is why people need to stop using the circus known collectedly as Republicans as a barometer of what an actual working democracy looks like. Hopefully Hillary's campaign is on top of things because this an opportunity that would never otherwise present itself. Problem is I always though their effort to win back these voters was misguided, simply put that is the past. Focus on where Dems need to go instead of wasting your time commenting on the latest thing the clown the other side decided to present as your opponent has farted out of his mouth.

And that's the problem. The song didn't shoot anyone. More importantly, most of what the song/flag supposedly represents already stands in complete opposition to innocent people getting shot. That's pretty fucking unamerican in my book, the opinions of disgusting bigots and certain craven police officers notwithstanding. He's attacking (well, dissing) something that is almost completely unrelated to the thing he's upset about: "America", as the (largely aspirational) concept that the song/flag is standing in for, doesn't want people getting shot, either.

It's a piece of work written by a racist that became the official anthem of the US less than a century ago in a country that's hundreds of years old. People of color and the small minority of white people who stood on the right side of history know that the rhetoric and backlash coming predominately from whites is cowardly and intellectually dishonest racism. It's almost the same exact rhetorical diarrhea about methods, progress, disrespect, and ungratefulness that we heard decades ago when various athletes gambled by taking a stand.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit video proof of Trump

Nah, hair is too well groomed.

Why does it have to be a con for Beck?

Maybe he just really feels this way

I don't believe this for a second. Dude's bread and butter is right-wing neanderthals. Why would he go against them?

I've always thought that Beck was just dumb, but not a purposefully malicious actor like Hannity or Limbaugh.

Are you kidding me? The dude has been peddling the same hateful, racist, paranoid bullshit that all those other fucks have been doing all these years. There is nothing to suggest the douche has any sense of morality.

effzee

A segment of Americans think of those kids as sleeper cells

A segment? Probably a large group of them. A significant segment.

Muslim kids dying or in need of help don't get any sympathy. Republicans only care about those who look , talk, and behave like them like the white women Trump talked about on the tape.

It's sad that his Islamophobia answer debacle is getting lost in this but it's not like Democrats are any better at this.

Blader

Beck is an actor, period, who ended up buying a little too much into his own bullshit during the Tea Party wave until he had his own personal woke moment during this campaign.

Rush is a purposefully malicious actor. Hannity is actually stupid.

sazzy

At what point does the White House seriously wonder if Trump campaign and Russian officials are sharing information? Trump is getting classified information daily.

Apparently the FBI and DoJ are investigating the hacks and Paul Manafort, and by extension, the Trump campaign as well.

Obviously this would be happening behind the scenes, at least until after the elections.

rjinaz

Looking at those replies... sheesh. What is it with all the 50 Shades of Grey references I've been seeing around? Are these morons actually implying women that read a work of fiction have no right to get upset about actual sexual harassment? How dense can you be?

Women like to read about rape/assault fantasies so therefore they secretly want to be raped/assaulted.

AKA she wanted it.

Teggy

Beck is a nutcase but he's also a true believer, and therefore has to be #nevertrump. Trump is not a conservative and he's not a republican. Anyone who really believes in those principles could never support Trump. Beck is the guy who quoted Thomas Paine (selectively, of course). Trump has probably never heard of Thomas Paine.

I cannot figure out Glenn Beck's long con here. Has to be something because he doesn't have a moral or ethical bone in his body.

Not sure what turned the lights on for him but Beck has seen from nearly the beginning that Trump has no conservative values and is only offering muscular authoritarianism. That says a lot for all the right wingers who will take that as long as their guy has the power.

Lawd, Corey Lewandowski is back on CNN with Anderson Cooper. I have a feeling he'll behave himself better tonight, though.

Edit:

"I think Donald tried to talk about the issues..."

He's off to a good start at rewriting history.

shiba5

Looking at those replies... sheesh. What is it with all the 50 Shades of Grey references I've been seeing around? Are these morons actually implying women that read a work of fiction have no right to get upset about actual sexual harassment? How dense can you be?

Reading a trashy book somehow equals being physically assaulted. Somehow.
You know what? Fuck it. I can't even figure out how their minds work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom