• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can someone explain to me what exactly McCain said or did that gave him the "Maverick" label? Cause ever since 08 I've seen nothing a but a bitter, whiny old fart who toes the party line...

He was pretty vocally against the Bush Administration's torture program.

mjp2417

Banned
Can someone explain to me what exactly McCain said or did that gave him the "Maverick" label? Cause ever since 08 I've seen nothing a but a bitter, whiny old fart who toes the party line...

He named his campaign bus "The Straight Talk Express." That's pretty much the reason. Blame our gullible media on that one.

Diablos

Man, if everything breaks right for the Dems and they take back the House, we might have a female President from New York, a Jewish Majority leader from New York, and a female Speaker of the House from California. It'd be the far right's worst nightmare.
We need that Pelosi magic. Left coast is best coast etc.

diaspora

VjbRxE6OVG3io.gif

sazzy

Also, does anyone seriously think that if the DNC and Clinton camps have been hacked to hell, the GOP and Trump and Cruz and others haven't by the Russians?

HylianTom

Banned
I really hope we have a post-election thread just devoted to the GIFs and memes that this cycle has produced. It's been incredible, and we still have the craziest 28 days remaining.

johnsmith

remember me
On November 22, 2013, Carter filed a bankruptcy petition to shed more than $3.5 million in debt,[50] mostly taxes owed from the money made at the height of his popularity.[51] "This is not a negative thing," Carter publicist Steve Honig told CNN. "It's actually very positive. It's him doing what he needs to do to move forward."[51] The petition states that Carter's biggest creditor is the U.S. government; "he owes the Internal Revenue Service $1.3 million in back taxes from his income in 2003, when Carter was just 16

I can see why he was a trump fan

McCain actually did go against the Republican party a few times. One of his important bills was about protecting the climate. McCain-Feingold was a landmark campaign finance legislation. He also sponsored the immigration reform bill. All three bills are absolutely unthinkable in today's GOP (even though 2 of the above failed, but the point is he stood for them). He also always advocated against interrogation/torture.

But in 2008, when he was down on his luck in a bar somewhere in Flagstaff, Arizona, he met the devil and wrote his name in his book in exchange for a second life in his campaign. Thus, McCain lost his soul forever and unleashed upon the world a vile menace that till today linger the effects of his decision in the form of Trump's supporters.

So, the Russians took some quotes from one of Kurt's articles, put them inside some fake e-mail, published it as news on their own media outlet, and somehow it got into Trump's hands?

Did I get all that?

Yeah but I think he's implying someone gave that to him, or that one of Trump's goons is reading sputnik but the latter is more boring.

The implication is that since the fake email was never reported by any news agency outside of Russia, that essentially the Russians likely handed Trump the story saying it was fact and he repeated it as fact at his rally. If you wanted to play a convoluted game of connect the dots you could say this proves that's he's Putin's puppet. At least it could be spun that way.

HylianTom

Banned
I've been listening to music with the word "pussy" in it since Friday. It's been an interesting trip. Prince, Ludacris, Asylum Street Spankers, 2 Live Crew, Richard Cheese..

The first thing I remember Beck reversing on was a year or two ago when he admitted that the invasion of Iraq might've been a bad idea. Of course he phrased it as "The liberals were right all along, these people didn't want freedom."

Maybe the collapse of his internal narrative has just snowballed since then.

Glenn Beck has been railing against Trump for a while. The pepes hate him on r/The_Donald. But I don't understand the play either. He is the father of teaparty movement. He helped cultivate it, nurture it, and bring it to life in the form of that giant rally ("restore our honor") he did which Jon Stewart countered with "Rally to restore sanity".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom