• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
Man, I feel for whoever is currently tasked with sitting on the next Trump oppo tape until the right time to leak arrives. The wait must be killing them.

sazzy

all this shit about hacked emails and stuff should have a positive impact in terms of people using encryption for emails and password managers for their passwords

lol

Barzul

One rumor is that it's the n-word, presumably off an Apprentice tape. Another is that whoever had access to his taxes will leak more embarrassing tax stuff. And yet another is that it's him groping/shaming a woman or saying even worse misogyny. Matt Yglesias the other day pointed out that campaigns tend to use their worst oppo at two times: when they fall behind or right before Election Day. Since Trump isn't using any oppo now that he's really falling into a weak position, that means he probably doesn't have anything good left -- or at least, not more than one piece he's saving for late October.

Trump doesn't seem to have run a good enough campaign to have any oppo imo. He had people like Bruns and Manafort representing him with their shady ties. He has no ground game bar the one the GOP provides him with. His campaign has basically been an very effective shitshow and that can only take you so far. Everything that has backed him up so far has come from the Russians. If they had worse, they would have dumped it right after the negative news cycle from pussygate began. I think Podesta emails is the worse it gets....they probably just haven't released all of them. But when they do it'll be a whole bunch of nothing bc Trump would've done something worse.

They posted like 2000 yesterday.

It just no one cares.

My only worry about emails is days before the election some fake HUGE shit comes out but you can't stop it. It's not like every single email so far is being verified before it gets reported as fact. It's so easy to insert a word or a line to cause outrage.

DOWN

Banned
Are these polls entirely post-debate yet? Or are we getting only polls conducted partially pre debate and partially post debate?

sazzy

g8eOP3.png

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Trump is going to be remembered as the worst almost-president in United States history and I'm ok with that. Maybe we'll get a Broadway play out of it someday.

Oh yes please! Though it probably needs a Shakespeare to do it justice. Marvellous cast of characters for a sort of mash-up of Lear, Julius
Caesar, Macbeth and Damon Runyan. Central character would have to be Priebus of course as the poor mad Fool.

Ecotic

So this is a blue state, now, right? This has to be the last time they even humor the idea it's a swing state?

Let's not be too hasty, someone like Romney could pull much of those college educated whites and white women. Virginia probably has moved 2 or 3% more Democratic in the past 4 years but it's hard to know because Trump is skewing everything so far out of whack this year.

But since it will probably move an additional 2 or 3% more Democratic by 2020 it may very well never be a swing state again.

As if anybody needed any more proof that some of the most obnoxious Christian leaders aren't actually all that principled, here is Pat Robertson defending Donald Trump and saying he was the winner sunday night.

The TV preacher argued that Trump was like the mythical Phoenix because he had performed well at the debate just days after the leak of a video tape...

Pat Robertson: It’s ‘macho’ for Trump to grab women ‘by the p*ssy’ without permission

It's articles like these that make me thankful that like 99% of my Christian friends are posting articles on Facebook that are like 'Hey if you're Christian and voting Donald Trump you're a hypocrite'.

sphagnum

Banned
Okay so it's not a rually.not important point in this article but this is weird to me -
Strategy becomes idolatry, for ancient Israel and for us today, when we make alliances with those who seem to offer strength—the chariots of Egypt, [...]

What does he talks about specifically?
Is he talking about exodus? What alliance? with who?
Is there a new testament story I'm not thinking about?
I know Jesus was in egypt, but wasn't he like a baby? looking at his Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin about shapes and colors.

King Hezekiah of Judah allied with Egypt against Assyria but got stomped by Assyria anyway, which went on to conquer Egypt and appoint a vassal pharaoh. Later when Assyria began to fall apart, Judah tried to regain independence but Egypt, which was now allied with Assyria, killed King Josiah at Megiddo and appointed Jehoiakim as the new King of Judah, who vacillated back and forth between supporting the Egyptians or Babylonians, with Babylon ultimately conquering Judah. So for all their attempts at playing geopolitics, the Judeans ultimately ended up getting conquered by pagan powers anyway.

Wilsongt

As if anybody needed any more proof that some of the most obnoxious Christian leaders aren't actually all that principled, here is Pat Robertson defending Donald Trump and saying he was the winner sunday night.

Pat Robertson: It’s ‘macho’ for Trump to grab women ‘by the p*ssy’ without permission

Lololololol. All of these supposed Christians lining up to support someone who clearly doesn't give two shits about being a moral human.

Like I said, evangelism is less anout morality and God and more about being a tool of political and hateful bigotry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom