• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants people to stop having children? Just looking for a little equity in tax relief in this "must be married and must have children world."

Me: Oh you're getting married, here's a wedding gift.

Me: Oh you're pregnant, here's a baby shower gift.

Me: Oh you're child is 1, 2, 3, 4 . . . 15, 16, here's a birthday present for little junior.

Me: Oh you're getting divorced? So sorry.

Me: Oh you're getting married again, here's another wedding gift.

Them: Still no husband or child? You really should find someone, look at all this swag you get, and tax credits too!!
I guarantee you a very large percentage of parents would trade the tax credits and swag in return for the disposable income, better nights of sleep and more automony and flexibility in their lives that comes with the single childless life.The amount of stuff parents put up with when raising kids (especially lower income parents) more than outweighs the monetary incentives. I don't think anyone's signing up for the parent life with the "aww yeah, gonna get some sweet checks from the IRS" as their incentive.

chefbags

S4xbwHl.jpg

Oh. My. God.

lyrick

I'm tired of being punished just because I'm single and childless. Where is my "Choosing not to overpopulate the planet" tax credit? I'm half serious here.

Move to a state that taxes Food & Clothing, you'll see your tax break immediately. If you don't see it, compare your Clothing/grocery tax bill to that of a person with a family.

That Rubio +7 today is frustrating. Partly because Murphy is seemingly so useless, but mostly because why are the people of Florida so in love with a guy who really really does not give a shit about representing them in the Senate? He hates that job! And is transparently using it as a launch pad to another presidential run.

The fact that Murphy can't effectively make this case is annoying but it's just as annoying that so many voters don't seem to care.

Little Marco is winning FL. People in FL are dumb as shit. The earlier you accept it, the better off you'll be.

"Our President is doing whatever he wants and ignores Congress, so we need a more authoritarian President who will do whatever he wants and ignore Congress!"

But the new guy hates progressivism and will peel back everything.

God I hate the GOP, I hope Trump destroys it.

mo60

What's the likelyhood chance trump pulls a jim prentice or worse on election day at this point? He's probably not going to outright ditch the people that voted for him before the election results are finalized, but he may do something that is not that great on election night.

I'm tired of being punished just becae I'm single and childless. Where is my "Choosing not to overpopulate the planet" tax credit? I'm half serious here.

The thing is that the cost of having children and raising children in the US has increased rapidly, much faster than the cost of other goods and services. More money for parents makes for more stable families and kids with better outcomes, a greater good for everyone.

I'm married but we don't have (and won't have) kids. I get ignored when it comes to tax benefits like the child credit, But you must be able to look around and recognize that your community is better off when its children have better outcomes.

That Rubio +7 today is frustrating. Partly because Murphy is seemingly so useless, but mostly because why are the people of Florida so in love with a guy who really really does not give a shit about representing them in the Senate? He hates that job! And is transparently using it as a launch pad to another presidential run.

Republicans will nominate a woman before a person of color. Rubio will be dead for at least 50 years before Republicans nominate someone who isn't white.

Now that it's obviously open war, I wonder if the GOP will start making it clear to Trump insiders, anyone who wants a future with the party better back the fuck off.

Isaac ‏@WorldofIsaac 6m6 minutes ago
Isaac Retweeted Donald J. Trump
tbh someone should put shackles on your hands so you stop grabbing the pussy

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to.

One rumor is that it's the n-word, presumably off an Apprentice tape. Another is that whoever had access to his taxes will leak more embarrassing tax stuff. And yet another is that it's him groping/shaming a woman or saying even worse misogyny. Matt Yglesias the other day pointed out that campaigns tend to use their worst oppo at two times: when they fall behind or right before Election Day. Since Trump isn't using any oppo now that he's really falling into a weak position, that means he probably doesn't have anything good left -- or at least, not more than one piece he's saving for late October.

I really don't think they have anything-- or Trump is unaware of it. Look at how he couldn't help but telegraph his plans to use Bill Clinton's past as soon as he floundered.

If his campaign were smart (they're not) they'd actually have things they haven't told Trump so he couldn't spill them early.

chadskin

Sounds like Conway has given up or lost the candidate's ear. Bannon must be running the show now.

Thought it was interesting that Bannon and his son-in-law Jared Kushner appeared at the pre-debate press conference with the Clinton accusers. Wonder how involved Kushner is and has been in his campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom