• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
So if Trump loses this election due to lack of EVs, is he gonna declare political bankruptcy and refuse to pay his surrogates? Because that would be hilarious.

Clefargle

Lol r/the_donald is passing around a video supposedly showing Obama displaying an erection to female reporters from 08' as damning evidence of sexual harrassment. I don't know what is funnier, that they think this is legit, or that a bunch of white men that use the word "cuck" gratuitously are analyzing a video showing a black dick. This election delivers in every fucking possible way.

Edit: link

Lol r/the_donald is passing around a video supposedly showing Obama displaying an erection to female reporters from 08' as damning evidence of sexual harrassment. I don't know what is funnier, that they think this is legit, or that a bunch of white men that use the word "cuck" gratuitously are analyzing a video showing a black dick. This election delivers in every fucking possible way.

Edit: link

"Prominent democrat politician" lol. Their half-assed attempt at sounding journalistic (I assume that's the goal) is almost charming.

sazzy

the race is over

don't forget to vote

538, polls-only

S1cmKk.png

Nordicus

I was just thinking. Am I giving Clinton campaign too much credit or has every one of the debates so far been treated like they're unimportant individually, but an integral part of a larger strategy?

Debate #1: Debate normally and carefully but throw an Alicia Machado reference right at the end to catch Trump off guard and have him end the debate on a misogynistic note, his rants continuing even after debate.

VP debate: Make Kaine look little bad in short term but keep the narrative on what Trump has said and that Trump and Pence do not have a working partnership.

[Pussygate]

Debate #2: Take the highroad against a guaranteed unhinged Trump who tries to turn the debate into a mudfight, grab the votes of the undecideds and disillusioned republicans when Trump solidifies his image as scum, and all he's going to do is reinvigorate the base that will follow him regardless.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Loudninja

Debate numbers were Clinton 42, Trump 28, for anyone who cares.

That said, every time I think of Politico I think of their team of "insiders" who basically got everything wrong every step of the way through the primary.
He didnt do any better here at all lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also,

Voters also think very little of the candidates after the debate. More than half of those polled said Trump is racist and out of touch with average Americans and 60 percent said he is sexist. Sixty-three percent of voters said Clinton is overly secretive, 55 percent said she was corrupt and 52 percent said she was "extremely liberal."

The real shame here, though, is this:

Despite Trump's protests, six in 10 of those polled said CNN's Anderson Cooper and ABC News' Martha Raddatz did a good or excellent job moderating the contest.

Anderson and Raddatz did an amazing job, I thought. Only 6 in 10 felt that way?

Cyanity

Banned
I was just thinking. Am I giving Clinton campaign too much credit or has every one of the debates so far been treated like they're unimportant individually, but an integral part of a larger strategy?

Debate #1: Debate normally and carefully but throw an Alicia Machado reference right at the end to catch Trump off guard and have him end the debate on a misogynistic note, his rants continuing even after debate.

VP debate: Make Kaine look little bad in short term but keep the narrative on what Trump has said and that Trump and Pence do not have a working partnership.

[Pussygate]

Debate #2: Take the highroad against a guaranteed unhinged Trump who tries to turn the debate into a mudfight, grab the votes of the undecideds and disillusioned republicans when Trump solidifies his image as scum, and all he's going to do is reinvigorate the base that will follow him regardless.

It's pretty safe to assume that this was all intentional at this point. The Clinton camp seems to be following game theory, taking the roads with guaranteed positive outcomes instead of going for the higher risk, higher reward strategy. It's working wonderfully for them so far.

sazzy

[Pussygate]

if you take a deep breath, several steps back from this whole thing and look at everything, there definitely seems to be a grander strategy at work here.

however, i don't understand why the same expertise wasn't used in 2008... or maybe it was and Obama was just too smart?

It's pretty safe to assume that this was all intentional at this point. The Clinton camp seems to be following game theory, taking the roads with guaranteed positive outcomes instead of going for the higher risk, higher reward strategy. It's working wonderfully for them so far.

Pretty much.

I think it's a brilliant strategy

Plinko

28% is a HORRIBLE number for Trump for that debate. Just dreadful.

Kusagari

Also,

The real shame here, though, is this:

Anderson and Raddatz did an amazing job, I thought. Only 6 in 10 felt that way?

I mean 40% of the country is going to vote for Trump regardless. The fact that the rest think they did a good job shows that his constant complaints of bias reached nobody but his core supporters.

if you take a deep breath, several steps back from this whole thing and look at everything, there definitely seems to be a grander strategy at work here.

however, i don't understand why the same expertise wasn't used in 2008... or maybe it was and Obama was just too smart?
Because her team was Obama's..?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Here is what I want liberals to remember for debate 3: facts matter and decorum matters. So much of the left’s collective analytical brainpower is spent kvetching about zingers, optics (or my new favorite, “good look”), and who is or is not more aggressive. The only thing more constant than the left’s incessant need to worry about itself is its belief that most people watching at home are stupid and easily persuaded by tactics that lose high school Lincoln/Douglas style debates.

I don’t think the race is over. It will tighten (because races always do) and Clinton will flub something easy (because she always does) and the media will continue to cover meaningless stories in myopic and frustrating ways (because it always does). We will freak out. But at least when it comes to the debates, let’s put some faith in Hillary that she can command the facts, acts presidentially, isn’t a rude, disgusting subhuman piece of shit, and is a queen.

I was pretty nervous before the first round of polls came out but it’s just clear to me now that this stuff isn’t all navel gazing. The winner actually has to not be pond scum.

Also give up on Florida senate. We lost the Senate race there. And it’s NOT the end of Rubio’s campaign if he loses there because everyone said that earlier too and they were wrong.

She's also secretive because she's had to deal with assholes tearing apart everything she says, does, wears and thinks for 30 years. But also, she's not, but it's the narrative the media has pushed for years, and narrative becomes reality irrespective of the truth, so ya.

Barzul

Just hoping if anyone does in fact have a big leak of Trump. They save it for just before the 3rd debate like this one. He'd never survive that.

Imagine if there's one of him saying the n-word and the Trump force defense is, it's something we've all said at the dinner table. You know one of them would be dumb enough to use that line lol.

Meowster

Cory Booker campaigned with Kander in MO last week and Elizabeth Warren now scheduled an event with him in Kansas City? Polling data must look better than before because he was largely ignored before. I'll definitely go check out Forma on Friday.

Plinko

Clinton proposed doubling the child tax credit? OHPLEASEYES

Rick Klein
Rick Klein‏ @rickklein

Christie on Trump apology: "I didn’t think it was enough... I would have done it much differently."

Classic.

Grief.exe

Just hoping if anyone does in fact have a big leak of Trump. They save it for just before the 3rd debate like this one. He'd never survive that.

Imagine if there's one of him saying the n-word and the Trump force defense is, it's something we've all said at the dinner table. You know one of them would be dumb enough to use that line lol.

It's interesting we all assume it's the n-word because this family is so deplorable.

Cory Booker campaigned with Kander in MO last week and Elizabeth Warren now scheduled an event with him in Kansas City? Polling data must look better than before because he was largely ignored before. I'll definitely go check out Forma on Friday.

MO/FL flips would be a huge majority.

dramatis

When you game over in a game, you usually learn from your mistakes when you try again, no?

That's why I said in the beginning that it was going to be tougher to take Hillary down this time, purely because the experience of failure can be a boon if you take all you can from it.

Plinko

It's interesting we all assume it's the n-word because this family is so deplorable.

Not really an assumption--a reporter was saying it was the n-word the other day on Twitter. Cannot find the link right now, though.

Plinko

That Atlantic poll with 2 straight days of double-digit lead for Hillary is a great sign.

I keep seeing people retweeting the Newsweek Russian Email Source story saying this is huge news and to buckle up and here come the treason charges.

Does anyone off of Twitter care?

One rumor is that it's the n-word, presumably off an Apprentice tape. Another is that whoever had access to his taxes will leak more embarrassing tax stuff. And yet another is that it's him groping/shaming a woman or saying even worse misogyny. Matt Yglesias the other day pointed out that campaigns tend to use their worst oppo at two times: when they fall behind or right before Election Day. Since Trump isn't using any oppo now that he's really falling into a weak position, that means he probably doesn't have anything good left -- or at least, not more than one piece he's saving for late October.

So it looks like Trump yelling at the moderators, not answering questions, and lurking around actually did cost him the debate, and it was not a draw or a slight Trump win.

All that worry over nothing

Plinko

One rumor is that it's the n-word, presumably off an Apprentice tape. Another is that whoever had access to his taxes will leak more embarrassing tax stuff. And yet another is that it's him groping/shaming a woman or saying even worse misogyny. Matt Yglesias the other day pointed out that campaigns tend to use their worst oppo at two times: when they fall behind or right before Election Day. Since Trump isn't using any oppo now that he's really falling into a weak position, that means he probably doesn't have anything good left -- or at least, not more than one piece he's saving for late October.

I believe the reporter who helped write the report about the leak of the first tax return impied they had more.

They were asked if we could assume there were more, and they said yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom