• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Yeah, I fucking can't with these people anymore. Apparently that performance actually narrowed the gap.
It's not the actual # that matters, its' the range you're getting. It will always fluctuate poll to poll.

A ten digit lead is INSANE - doesn't matter if it's +9 or +12.

syllogism

Among only those respondents contacted after the debate, Clinton's lead shrank to a seven point advantage in both a four-way matchup and in a head-to-head race -- reflecting the same margin that Clinton showed in a mid-September NBC/WSJ poll.
But the post debate sample size must have been very small, considering the poll was 8-10 and the total sample size was 806.

It's within the margin of error, I don't think it means much of a difference. He's still getting clobbered and that's before the GOP civil war exploded today.

As for the poll it is simple, Trump got back more Republican support post debate. I mean that's what he did whole debate. So that is not unexepcted that gap would close.

As for the poll it is simple, Trump got back more Republican support post debate. I mean that's what he did whole debate. So that is not unexepcted that gap would close.

Yeah, looking at the breakdown its very possible that the gap widens a bit as Republicans get sick of the intra-party war and slip back to Johnson or undecided.

Joeytj

Banned
That's a good poll people, relax. And that's immediately after the debate ended. Trump has been getting horrible press since yesterday and today now, so it's very likely the debate won't matter, like we already knew.

Loath as I am to say it, Bam Bam's right. This is probably noise.

(Particularly since this may well literally be them appending a one-day sample onto the 11/14 point poll)

If you only look at the toplines, sure.

If you look into the other questions, he somehow has consolidated some Rs.

8vrPbdV.jpg

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 2m2 minutes ago

to be clear: these new numbers aggregate 500 interviews pre-debate (Sat/Sun in midst of tape storm) and 400 post-debate on Monday night

Emarv

Ugh, we're going to do this aren't we?
It's like a roller coaster. First we ride it up all the way to the highest of highs. Then we starting thinking the roller coaster is gonna explode and we're all gonna die oh god make it stop make it stop.

Rinse, repeat for the next month!

Excellent, so the debate seems to have rallied Trump's base around him again, but not actually expanded it. This also seems to indicate that it's definitely Trump that they give a fuck about, and not down ticket voices like Ryan or McCain, meaning that Trump's debate performance has indeed put them in a very awkward position with no good moves. Good, good.

Paul LePage is going to win the 2020 nomination.

Republican voters fucking love Trumpism if they're back just after Trump screamed a lot of racist stuff while promising to destroy the constitution.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, the numbers are wide enough that I'm only really looking at them to gauge their impact on downticket races. Clinton is going to win, the only real question I see is the margin.

I don't think the discussion of whether "Trump's voters came back" is a realistic question to try and solve because the nature of polls and the rapid fire of these scandals makes it very difficult to gauge the impact of any specific event.

Boke1879

The fact that the news is still talk about Trumps tape and reporting on his attqcks on the GOP is good. He's creating unnecessary attention to all that. I'm interested if he says anything tonight about his little war.

Why is the margin ~10 pts for the Democratic candidate and I'm still wondering if we'll get the house? What kind of country is that? Is that a fair representation of the people?

Gerrymandering is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom