• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Church Todd being dumb again.

Church Todd
@chucktodd
There could be strategy behind Trump's burn it all down attitude. Turn folks off election, plummet turnout overall and become competitive

Like minorities and women are going to stay home after hearing all of this.

wSkAXyG.jpg

If I have to see this everyday y'all will too

Church Todd
@chucktodd
There could be strategy behind Trump's burn it all down attitude. Turn folks off election, plummet turnout overall and become competitive

I mean, I get the angle, but I do not get why he thinks it'll affect Democrat turnout? Wouldn't it just make GOP voters go for Hillary or Johnson, and make Democrat voters more incensed to vote against Trump?

Why would Russia and Wikileaks be helping an establishment GOP nominee though? That's the difference.

I doubt they are extremely knowledgeable about American politics. For Russia, they probably want Trump to win thinking that he'll be very beneficial to them probably not thinking that the Republicans will control him, and/or it is not about him winning or losing, but destroying people's trust in Democracy.

For Wikileaks it is odd concerning that the GOP represent everything they dislike it could be that they personally don't like like Hillary, or rather Assange doesn't, or it could be that Russia is basically leaking information to Wikileaks.

I bet it has to do with Hillary Clinton mostly.

Brinbe

Church Todd
@chucktodd

Holy fuck is he terrible... Just like Nate, just stick to the numbers, Chuck. You're an absolutely awful pundit.

Vahagn

To a misogynist, a 16-year-old boy saying "she totally wants my dong" is no different from a 60-year-old man saying "grab them by the pussy." Women's opinions don't matter, so consent is irrelevant; it's just two guys talking about sexual conquest. That's why misogynists are so confused by why this seems controversial; they cannot conceive of a woman who doesn't want their penis. They assume it has to be because he used a naughty word, which is why they've brought up the frankly insane defense of "Beyonce talked about consensual sex using these words, so Hillary is just as bad." They just cannot comprehend women having agency over their own bodies and thoughts. Or men, for that matter. As a man, it's frankly insulting that their go-to defense is "men are incapable of not letting every action be dictated by their penis." Get the fuck outta here with that shit you undisciplined perverts. Learn some self control; it's what grown-ups do.

I stole this, made some quick edits, and posted on social media. Nearly perfectly worded! Thanks.

mjp2417

Banned

Church Todd
@chucktodd

It continues to blow my mind that Chuck Todd is gainfully employed by a major network to cover politics

I mean, I get the angle, but I do not get why he thinks it'll affect Democrat turnout? Wouldn't it just make GOP voters go for Hillary or Johnson, and make Democrat voters more incensed to vote against Trump?

Its a silly theory. Pretty much every study shows that late deciding voters break towards the leading candidate because they want to be perceived as winners.

Good to see people aren't falling for the locker room banter spin. Ugly banter goes on in private places for sure - "I want to fuck her so bad" for instance, I've said things along those lines before. But there's a clear difference between crude sexual talk and advocating sexual assault. I'm glad women and the media aren't letting Trump get away with this.

Hopfrog

Church Todd
@chucktodd

One of the worst examples of punditry I have seen in a while.

tuffy

Church Todd
@chucktodd
There's no evidence of any sort of grander "strategy" behind any of Trump's actions. He feels slighted and lashes out, consequences be damned, because that's what he's always done.

Church Todd
@chucktodd
I hate Chuck todd, but this is exactly what Trump is doing (strategy). He wont become competitive though.

Fox318

chuck isn't wrong. Maybe Trump see's his path as getting as few independents and dissatisfied democrats to the polls?

Sianos

gop elite put out the analog to episode 25-26 in 2012 with that post-mortem preaching about the virtues of appealing to people who aren't white nationalists... and their party didn't listen... so now its time for "end of evangelicals"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Holy shit, we're going to stay in the double digits.

Would be amazing, but my guess is it narrows a bit in a week. Then the next oppo will hit and skyrocket it back to double-digits.

Trump doesn't "see" anything and has no "plan" other than satisfying his id right in the moment. He's not crunching turnout numbers in his head as he's tweeting right now--he's just fucking mad.

Listening to the Hair Mouse, as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom