• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me Burnett Productions are secretly taping Trump throughout the whole election.

"Don't leak that shit today!!! Look at the shot sheet. Today we focus on the Civil War. The bombs don't drop until episode 9"

Clinton finishes Inaugural Address, turns to walk off stage and hits a wall with the audience painted on it.

We hear Ed Harris' voice....

Brinbe

lol yess, Brianna is killing Carson right now. Amazingly terrible answers and now he mentioned a train going off a cliff. Jeez, apt description to this interview. Holy shit. Rewatch this one later when it's online.

Maybe that's the problem??

Teggy

OMG, Carson like, I can't believe you haven't heard locker room talk like this before. Maybe that's the problem.

What?! lol

tbm24

OMG, Carson like, I can't believe you haven't heard locker room talk like this before. Maybe that's the problem.

What?! lol
Just caught that, I'm not sure what he meant, he just told her the problem is she hasn't been desensitized to this speak?

Carson, re-Trump tapes: "Growing up people tried to make themselves out to be Casanova."

His defenders are completely missing the point. I mean yes people in middle school and high school tried bragging about sexual "conquest" with vulgar language but not actions that lacked consent. All I remember is people bragging about how many people they have hooked up with not how many people they have groped or forced themselves upon. And I grew up around a lot of immature suburbanites. The sad thing is these defenders can't see the difference between bragging about sexual activities and bragging about forcing yourself on people.

Highly doubtful. This is basic retribution. This what Trump does. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan's decision on Monday which is sparking this was influenced by the looming specter of more tapes.
Your objections that Trump is highly emotional are certainly true, but it doesn't take much strategic sense to see the writing on the wall if he himself knows there's an n-word tape about to drop. I guess there's no real answer to this question. I just have a feeling he went nuclear because he knows what the next shoe to drop will be, and this is the best he can make of a bad situation.

Ithil

Trumpkins are not going to go quietly into the night. I live in a district that is has a non-endorsing Trump candidate, and yet, Trump signs are everywhere.

The only place where I saw lawns with the entire GOP slate sans-Trump was in Vermont.

They aren't, but they won't really be able to do anything.
I think a large chunk of the alt-right is going to lose interest in the whole endeavour after Trump loses. The ones who are just into the epic memes about "god emperor Trump" and whatever, they won't stay after November.

The diehards will stay, but what can they really do? The government may very well feature a democratic president, senate, house and liberal supreme court, and their (the alt right) big attempt to make their fascist right wing paradise will have made it happen.

iammeiam

Carson is actually trying to blame Brianna's outrage because she hasn't been talked to like a piece of meat?

America will be great again when hypersensitive politically correct feminists stop whining about trivial things like powerful men trying to compliment them by jamming their lips in their face or giving their genitals a friendly handshake.

Or something.

Shit's gross but at least part of Trump's base is gonna think he's right.

tbm24

America will be great again when hypersensitive politically correct feminists stop whining about trivial things like powerful men trying to compliment them by jamming their lips in their face or giving their genitals a friendly handshake.

Or something.

Shit's gross but at least part of Trump's base is gonna think he's right.
It's nice that Carson at least admitted that He thinks the problem is people care too much about what trump says.

It will forever be hilarious to me that their defense is why don't we stick to the issues instead of talking about the stupid shit Trump says.

The thing that scares me the most about these Russian leaks is that, against a half-competent candidate in the mold of Trump, this type of disinformation campaign might be extremely effective. I think that the right's base is much more likely to fall for this, but even look at some of the far-left fell for RT in the primary under the caveat it wasn't the "corporate media". That type of distrust in institutions could boil over in the future with a public that's even more susceptible to Russian-style disinformation projects. Look at Jill Stein! She was invited to an RT conference. If she was a real candidate, I would guess she'd be propped up as well as a means to stew even more distrust on the left. And then you have the professional Left (the Greenwalds) cheering it on and downplaying the consequences, because fuck western institutions, amirite?

Fuck Russia. I can't believe we're going through this. I don't think it'll change anything about this election, but it terrifies me for the future.

Sibylus

Banned
Carson, re-Trump tapes: "Growing up people tried to make themselves out to be Casanova."

What?! lol

His defenders are completely missing the point. I mean yes people in middle school and high school tried bragging about sexual "conquest" with vulgar language but not actions that lacked consent. All I remember is people bragging about how many people they have hooked up with not how many people they have groped or forced themselves upon. And I grew up around a lot of immature suburbanites. The sad thing is these defenders can't see the difference between bragging about sexual activities and bragging about forcing yourself on people.

"Growing up" = 60 years old to Carson.

"We just need to normalize this kind of misogyny!"

See when you normalize misogyny, bigotry, hate speech, racism, homophobia, etc... Trump looks like a pretty nice guy!

Rape Culture.

The thing that scares me the most about these Russian leaks is that, against a half-competent candidate in the mold of Trump, this type of disinformation campaign might be extremely effective. I think that the right's base is much more likely to fall for this, but even look at some of the far-left fell for RT in the primary under the caveat it wasn't the "corporate media".

Yes, there is a parallel earth where the Clinton campaign is under siege by all of these mis-leading email leaks while Jeb Bush cruises to victory. The entire US political system needs to serious upgrade their security infrastructure over the next four years.

Brinbe

Wife randomly stumbled across this on Imgur.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Lqrwa

Help, I can't breathe.

Sz38rDr.jpg

LOL

To a misogynist, a 16-year-old boy saying "she totally wants my dong" is no different from a 60-year-old man saying "grab them by the pussy." Women's opinions don't matter, so consent is irrelevant; it's just two guys talking about sexual conquest. That's why misogynists are so confused by why this seems controversial; they cannot conceive of a woman who doesn't want their penis. They assume it has to be because he used a naughty word, which is why they've brought up the frankly insane defense of "Beyonce talked about consensual sex using these words, so Hillary is just as bad." They just cannot comprehend women having agency over their own bodies and thoughts. Or men, for that matter. As a man, it's frankly insulting that their go-to defense is "men are incapable of not letting every action be dictated by their penis." Get the fuck outta here with that shit you undisciplined perverts. Learn some self control; it's what grown-ups do.

The thing that scares me the most about these Russian leaks is that, against a half-competent candidate in the mold of Trump, this type of disinformation campaign might be extremely effective. I think that the right's base is much more likely to fall for this, but even look at some of the far-left fell for RT in the primary under the caveat it wasn't the "corporate media". That type of distrust in institutions could boil over in the future with a public that's even more susceptible to Russian-style disinformation projects. Look at Jill Stein! She was invited to an RT conference. If she was a real candidate, I would guess she'd be propped up as well as a means to stew even more distrust on the left. And then you have the professional Left (the Greenwalds) cheering it on and downplaying the consequences, because fuck western institutions, amirite?

Fuck Russia. I can't believe we're going through this. I don't think it'll change anything about this election, but it terrifies me for the future.

Well once Hillary wins and if the dems retake Congress; I totally expect them to be a lot more tough on Russia.

Emarv

I think this is a great point and something that maybe can't be stopped.

But what will change going forward and probably already has inside the campaign is that every operative will be instructed that no communication other than verbal is safe. To treat every email or text message like it could be shown on CNN. That's the only way to run a campaign going forward.

Yes, there is a parallel earth where the Clinton campaign is under siege by all of these mis-leading email leaks while Jeb Bush cruises to victory. The entire US political system needs to serious upgrade their security infrastructure over the next four years.

Well, I don't think they'd be propping up Jeb!, but certainly an authoritarian-type in the mold of Trump. Tom Cotton?

Emarv

Church Todd being dumb again.

Church Todd
@chucktodd
There could be strategy behind Trump's burn it all down attitude. Turn folks off election, plummet turnout overall and become competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom