• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

costareports: CARSON is very uneasy about Trump's attacks on Ryan
costareports: “Dr. Carson has been unwavering in his support but the last 24 hours have made that support very difficult to maintain.” -Armstrong Williams

does anyone have any info on Colorado's Amendment 69? Likely to pass or no?

With all the misinformation and Koch-funded commercials filling our airwaves, I expect it to go down in a ball of flames. Sad too! All of our other positive amendments are getting trashed by the same misinformed Koch-based ads: raising minimum wage, right to end your life (cancer etc) and raising tobacco tax. Sadly I see no counter-commercials defending these good amendments.

Fox318

good question.

On the one hand, Ryan isn't a fucking nutcase and can work when necessary to pass things.

On the flip side, Ryan is thought of as a smart policy wonk when in reality he is a moron who is trying everything he can to fuck the poor and middle class at the favor of the wealthy.

The latter is pretty fucking dangerous.

I'd probably rather have Ryan around if he's the speaker but not if the Dems take the House. Ryan losing because the GOP base abandon him would further cause the GOP civil war to result in a breakup in the party.

I don't know I can picture somebody like Jason Chaffetz becoming the speaker of the house if Ryan is ousted.

With all the misinformation and Koch-funded commercials filling our airwaves, I expect it to go down in a ball of flames. Sad too! All of our other positive amendments are getting trashed by the same misinformed Koch-based ads: raising minimum wage, right to end your life (cancer etc) and raising tobacco tax. Sadly I see no counter-commercials defending these good amendments.

Well all that money had to go somewhere :/

Diablos

Guys remember three simple things about these polls:

1.) The lead is still enormous, senate+house winning numbers.

2.) Obama outperformed most of his polls both elections. Most undecideds lean Hillary, and third party candidate leavers will disproportionately vote Hill. Also last remaining voters tend to go toward perceived winner. Numbers support this.

3.) Hillary's data-driven ground game - upgraded even from Obama 2012 - literally is universes ahead of Trump. And Hill has all the money while fundraisers drying up for Trump relative.

This race is over and we are gonna win house+senate. Chill. Mark this post.
I agree with everything you just said but I think the House is the only question mark.

Why do you assume Ryan and the republicans actually want to pass legislation or avoid shutdowns?

They triple down on obstructionism, blame democrats, and cruise to a larger majority in 2018 when democrats fail to show up during midterms again.

Ryan wants to pass legislation though. The problem is that he's a fraud policy wonk, not that he isn't genuine about passing legislation. He's also smart enough to know shut downs are stupid, the debt ceiling needs to be raised, etc. He's a rational actor in congress like Boehner...the problem is that unlike Boehner he doesn't have the personality it takes to deal with mutiny.

I think Ryan could find common ground with Clinton but his caucus won't, hence why we'll have obstruction. Maybe some things will get done - lowering the corporate tax rate, corporate repatriation, dumb shit like that. Maybe tax code changes.

Fladam

"Unshackled" Is the lead story on CBS Evening News

Edit: I'm pretty indifferent on Major Garrett but he looks damn exhausted having covered Trump all year.

So it seems like Chuck Todd was right.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-new-attack-strategy-keep-clinton-voters-home-1476221895

Mr. Trump, in fact, is trying to use his break with many party leaders as a lever to ramp up support among his base, which includes many voters who feel equally estranged from the party establishment.

The decision means that a campaign already marked by intensely personal attacks is primed to grow even uglier in the remaining four weeks. Mr. Trump plans to keep up a relentless assault on Mrs. Clinton, including her use of a private email server and allegations about her husband, former President Bill Clinton, with the intention of keeping some of her supporters home on Election Day, his advisers said.

Kevin Madden, a Republican strategist who worked on the presidential campaigns of Mr. Romney and George W. Bush, said Mr. Trump’s approach would drive turnout among his base, “but alienating his own party and swing voters won’t grow his vote. His remarks and tactics can have the adverse effect of energizing the Democratic base.”

This is a terrible plan!

What? How is "Get your own rally?" a call to violence?

Trump's audience will use a sneeze as an excuse for violence.
Think he/she means that Trump/Trump surrogates will use Obama's words as a deflection for any violence towards protesters. Trump surrogate: "Well Obama told his protesters to get their own rally so why should we put up with our protesters?"

So is fucking Halperin or whatever the fuck.

"Hillary is one massive scandal away from flipping the numbers in the race!"

I mean, come the fuck on.

Oh, I'll say one more thing. All I want to hear on Election Night is that Georgia is too close to call. Even if it turns out red eventually, I'll be happy with that statement.

Joeytj

Banned
Obama. Is. On. Fire.

Tells the story about how Hillary's notes on subjects while in his administration. Some heckler again, but Obama is fired up and just going along with it.

Grief.exe

I love these African American women that must be by the camera in the audience.

"Oh lord Obama, you tell em baby"
"There he goes again." "mmmhhhmmm"
"Amen"

Man I fucked up and forgot to mail my voter registration today. Now I cant vote. Had my document printed out and everything. Oh well I live in Texas so it's pretty certain how its gonna go anyways. Unless Hillary does manage to pull off a 12% win like in that 538 model

Kinda ridiculous that I've been following politics so much in the past year and I'm not gonna be able to vote lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom