• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

I got my grandma, mom, dad, sister, and boyfriend all registered.

We are all in unison on most things but it was so frustrating that I was the only one that was arguing against an amendment on making Voter ID requirements stricter. Sigh.

Mael

I am 25. I work six days a week. I get 75% of my news from PoliGAF, so I'm grateful that the octogenarians who populate this thread never turn off the TV.

I'm mostly a lurker here and I can't tell you how grateful I am for this thread.
Easier than to sift through CNN and stuffs.
Of course poligaf can be wrong and I won't take everything here for granted but it's nice to see an island of sanity compared to the usual wild racist west of the web.

This kind of town hall craziness did colossal damage to McCain back in 2008. We're more sensitized to it now thanks to the corruption Palin introduced to our body politic, but expect stuff like this to get a decent amount of attention (and oxygen from the press).

I remember that "I'm afraid for our country, what he's going to do to it" stuff from back then.

Mael

Someone got paid good money to come up with that
How

How is anyone surprised? People got paid to run Jeb!'s campaign (10millions wasted on consulting!) and for Carson's campaign.
Of course someone would be dumb enough to push this shit and get paid for it!

Buzzfeed got a hold of Steve Bannon's remarks about having to "bitch slap the Republican party" and take over it.

This is exactly what is now happening.

it's amazing how far this dude's head is up his own ass.

The republican party is full of crazies, but it's not ALL crazies. Moderates aren't all that thrilled about an all-breitbart style leadership, they just pander to the crazies to the extent they can get the shit they actually want (low taxes) passed.

If they lose control of the party completely to assholes, the party disintegrates.

Is there a post office in your area with evening hours? In big cities these exist and you can have them put a manual postmark on the registration with today's date. Even Austin has a post office that is open until 10pm tonight, this isn't just a Dallas/Houston thing. If your registration is postmarked with today's date they will accept it when it arrives.

The Board of Elections for my county even has a secure dropbox on site and registrations can be put through the slot up until midnight and it counts.

Ups store and USPS won't postmark it for me. I asked. They said it would have to be postmarked tomorrow

Last 20 seconds of Obama rally, I died and born again. Man is a legend.

Hillary campaigned for Obama in 2008, and Obama is repaying that debt heartily.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This whole strategy of mucking the election up to depress Clinton supporters is the type of strategy a campaign uses once it's already lost and is throwing shit at the wall.

It will end in disaster.

That's the "set fire to the downticket races on a hail mary" strategy.

@SeanMcElwee
remember two weeks ago when millennials were going to make trump the next president? https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/zi89292mzx/econTabReport.pdf

CuheN_xXEAA1apJ.jpg

Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom