• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, though really every state is going to have areas like that

the nice thing about oregon is that the actual land east of portland is so shit people are generally smart enough to not live there

I would never in a million years live in the country, but holy shit, it is pretty damn beautiful out there. There's something so wholesome about opening your backdoor and having an uninterrupted view of a river and a field and some mountains in the distance. How people wake up to that every day and turn it into "all these thugs deserve to get shot" is something I will never understand. How do you turn the endless beauty of nature into hatred towards people you will never meet? It boggles the mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hang out with some old farts, including some rich conservative types, who are absolutely aghast that a Republican candidate reads Russian propaganda out as gospel and extols the virtue of the former communist state.

Wallach

I would never in a million years live in the country, but holy shit, it is pretty damn beautiful out there. There's something so wholesome about opening your backdoor and having an uninterrupted view of a river and a field and some mountains in the distance. How people wake up to that every day and turn it into "all these thugs deserve to get shot" is something I will never understand. How do you turn the endless beauty of nature into hatred towards people you will never meet? It boggles the mind.

keeping it real there's no denying that oregon is pretty beautiful for the most part, so long as you don't go too far east anyway; the PNW is just kind of amazing like that

Atlagev

Even in safe blue presidential states, showing up is important for other races. See: California continually electing republican governors.

I don't think we'll be doing that anymore. I think Arnold was an aberration due to his promise to be "everyone's governor" and the whole recall mess. Gavin will take the throne in '18.

Trump is still saying locker room talk oh my god he's unhinged

This interview is so bad already. He has no plans to get women voters back because it was locker room talk

Trump is still saying locker room talk oh my god he's unhinged

This interview is so bad already. He has no plans to get women voters back because it was locker room talk
Good, good. Keep pushing women away.

Though part of me can't help but wonder if this rhetoric is going to have the effect of normalizing rape culture and toxic masculinity even more, especially in certain sections if the country, but hopefully it's just isolated to Trump-defending and doesn't have any lasting effects like that.

Haha he said he wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with McCain after he abandoned him at the first sign of trouble

McCain is going to lose this race

bplewis24

Neo Member
Even in safe blue presidential states, showing up is important for other races. See: California continually electing republican governors.

I can do you one better. See: ballot initiatives, state legislatures, local school boards, etc.

At the local level, Republicans are trouncing Democrats in all but a few states. And that results in some really ridiculous things happening in your cities, schools and counties. Ignorance permeates our country (and others) a lot more than we'd like to think. At the national level, we make up for it. But then you wonder how California (what most people think is liberal, hippie-land...and where I reside) could end up passing Proposition 8 back in 2008, the same year it was helping to elect the first black man to the white house.

it amuses me to think that there are uninformed (shocking) Trump voters that are going to vote against candidates that still say they are voting Trump simply because they are "establishment"

Haha he said he wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with McCain after he abandoned him at the first sign of trouble

Man this is extra low on McCain. He could've gotten out of Hanoi since he was an admiral's son but chose to remain with rest of the prisoners. I do despise McCain but that is beyond the pale.

Re-looked it up:

In mid-1968, John S. McCain Jr. was named commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater, and the North Vietnamese offered McCain early release[44] because they wanted to appear merciful for propaganda purposes,[45] and also to show other POWs that elite prisoners were willing to be treated preferentially.[44] McCain turned down the offer; he would only accept repatriation if every man taken in before him was released as well. Such early release was prohibited by the POW's interpretation of the military Code of Conduct: To prevent the enemy from using prisoners for propaganda, officers were to agree to be released in the order in which they were captured
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain#Prisoner_of_war

Ecotic

Trump said he didn't think Ryan would be there in the 'same position' next year. He didn't imply he would lose this year or Democrats would win the House, he was saying Ryan wouldn't be reelected speaker.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Holy shit, did anyone see that Republican congressman from Texas on Chris Hayes that said he wouldn't drop his support for Trump even if there was tape of Trump saying he liked raping people?

As soon as a video is available, that needs to be its own thread.

Doug Owens (Democrat house candidate in Utah) is such a scrub for not mentioning that Trump sexually assaulted Miss Utah as a reason why he supports Hillary over Trump.

Paskil

Also, I have washed my hands of the process. I am a straightish white male
no college degree even!
and I did my part and voted for Hillary/Russ on the first day of early voting.

HylianTom

Banned
Holy shit, did anyone see that Republican congressman from Texas on Chris Hayes that said he wouldn't drop his support for Trump even if there was tape of Trump saying he liked raping people?

As soon as a video is available, that needs to be its own thread.

That was despicable. I'm sitting here yelling, "It's a automatic 'NO,' you dumbfuck!"

Trump is praising Wikileaks. He is so angry the Wikileaks story isn't getting more play not realizing that if he had just shut up the press would have happily made it the story today.

He is so delusional right now even more so than I've seen him. That foxhole comment is going to blow up.

kevin1025

Banned
So far the shackles being off is just Trump complaining and whining more. Put the shackles back on, please. Get back to conspiracy theories!

Why is the GOP supporting Trump again? lol

Their wives and daughters and sisters are never going to talk to them again (as well as their sons and brothers who aren't pieces of shit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom