• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
Corey Lewandowski or however you spell his shitty name deflecting everything with "Why aren't we interviewing the women Bill Clinton raped" to 5 seconds of silence followed up by the panelists talking about how in the gutter we are right now. (On CNN right now)

mo60

I just recognized something. The craziest two polling misses I witnessed in an election ever were the 2013 BC provincial election and the 2012 Alberta provincial election were the polling errors were pretty much around or above the margin hilary will be leading trump by soon in national polls. I don't think the polls will mess up that badly but it's kinda interesting to watch trump supporters questioning the election polls when US polls have been accurate in the last few election cycles.

Joeytj

Banned
I just recognized something. The craziest two polling misses I witnessed in an election ever were the 2013 BC provincial election and the 2012 Alberta provincial election were the polling errors were pretty much around or above the margin hilary will be leading trump by soon in national polls. I don't think the polls will mess up that badly but it's kinda interesting to watch trump supporters questioning the election polls when US polls have been accurate in the last few election cycles.

Polling outside of the U.S. is still not that accurate. Over here in Mexico, it's still difficult to find reliable, accurate polling for most elections, and there's no Mexican version of Nate Silver or anything of the sort doing public data analysis.

For context: At this equivalent point in George W. Bush's presidency, he was at an all-time low of 25% approval on Gallup.
original.jpg

Answer: No

Fox318

At least someone from the freedom caucus would have a goddamned spine. Ryan is so feckless and so inept, his mere presence foments chaos.

Then you wind up with somebody who will close the federal government because they can and won't pass a continuing resolution or a budget until something like planned parent hood or welfare is outlawed.

I'd rather have somebody rowing a boat full of holes trying to keep it afloat vs somebody trying to sink it.

Retro

original.jpg

Answer: No

If I'm being honest? A little, because (and I can't believe I'm saying this) George W. Bush didn't create a complete mockery of our democracy. He did some things right, and even though he gaffed constantly, they were innocent slips of the tongue, usually just mixing up some words or getting the phrasing wrong. Not, you know, rancid bile.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to take a scalding hot shower to wash this feeling away.

Then you wind up with somebody who will close the federal government because they can and won't pass a continuing resolution or a budget until something like planned parent hood or welfare is outlawed.

I'd rather have somebody rowing a boat full of holes trying to keep it afloat vs somebody trying to sink it.

At least then they would be able to be held accountable by the voters. Ryan's wishy washy shit just kicks the ball down the road and keeps the status quo. People think of Republicans like Ryan as moderates when the truth is that they are actually radicals who don't posses to fortitude or ability to fucking do anything. So he hides behind this niceguy moderate bullshit.

His current stance towards Trump is a good example of this, instead of being a leader he is going to attempt to completely ignore Trump for 4 weeks in a laughable attempt to run out the clock.

Is anyone watching the NC Governor debate? Chuck Todd is moderating. Pat McCrory said that Caitlyn Jenner would be using the men's showers and that the police video release law is perfect.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ew, gross. I just learned Boris Epshteyn was two years ahead of me in high school. Which means he went to a super diverse NJ school and ended up supporting Trump's racist idiocy.

Fucking hell.

McRory's tryharding for the base GOP vote because HB2 and Trump have so polarized the state that there's no other way he can win (he can't win). There's no lean-R suburban vote this year to get him the win.

don't look at me motherfuckers oregon ain't fuckin' up right now

get your shit together guys

I was just out in rural Oregon over the weekend. We drove past dozens and dozens of Trump/Pence signs. We saw one "Thanks Obama, America is already great" sign. We saw zero Hillary signs. So let's be honest; Portland and the liberal cities (Eugene, Ashland, etc.) aren't fucking up. But the rest of the state? It's surprisingly conservative. Thankfully most of the population lives in those liberal cities now. Rural areas (which are predominantly white, especially in Oregon) are still packed with crazy.

Wallach

I was just out in rural Oregon over the weekend. We drove past dozens and dozens of Trump/Pence signs. We saw one "Thanks Obama, America is already great" sign. We saw zero Hillary signs. So let's be honest; Portland and the liberal cities (Eugene, Ashland, etc.) aren't fucking up. But the rest of the state? It's surprisingly conservative. Thankfully most of the population lives in those liberal cities now. Rural areas (which are predominantly white, especially in Oregon) are still packed with crazy.

yeah, though really every state is going to have areas like that

the nice thing about oregon is that the actual land east of portland is so shit people are generally smart enough to not live there

Joeytj

Banned
Oh man, I'm being sent alerts about Trump's interview with O'Reilly and it's all about shitting on Ryan:

"I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with a lot of these people that I can tell you, including Ryan...especially Ryan"

"I don't want his support; I don't care about his support"

Sounds like what happens whenever I drive to see family in Southern Indiana. I've still yet to see a single Trump sign in Chicago though.

More elderly are voting democrat? I am stunned right now.
Actually, some of that makes sense, I think. Older folks were always Hillary's bread and butter. While they're conservative, they may also remember the Cold War and Trump being batshit cray cray with nukes might turn them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom