• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

I feel like if I were a Republican, a fluke win in Missouri, Indiana, or even something like Utah wouldn't phase me, since those are Republican states getting redder and Trump was that bad.

Arizona or Georgia would terrify me because it would be like VA/NC in 08.
Mhmm. All the new registration surges in Georgia and Arizona (along with Florida and North Carolina) should worry them. Trump is accelerating a trend, just like Virginia in 2008.

Kangi

Still find it amazing that Virginia swung blue in one election and then never returned. It's bluer than Michigan, at this point. NC settled on just being purple.

KMS

That doesn't sound possible.

21,952 “non-blank” voter registration forms

National Council of La Raza/Democracia USA: 3,703

New Florida Majority Education Fund: 3,420

GRSG Company: 2,228

Democratic Party: 6,920

Republican Party: 117

This is why you don't rail against your party while asking them to pick up your ground game and GOTV efforts.

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 9 minutes ago
Trump with a whopper in FL: "Do you know, it was just announced that murder, is the highest its been in our country in 45 years?"

CuiOpkvXYAAhVlr.jpg:large

THIS DUDE

rjinaz

Mhmm. All the new registration surges in Georgia and Arizona (along with Florida and North Carolina) should worry them. Trump is accelerating a trend, just like Virginia in 2008.

Arizona numbers released today:

Voter registration across Arizona has increased by nearly 120,000.

That includes a record 45,294 Arizonans who registered on Monday through ServiceArizona.com, the Arizona Department of Transportation’s Motor Vehicle Division website. The previous record for one-day registration was 36,532 in 2008.

Across the state, Democrats gained more than 35,000 voters, and Republicans added more than 30,000.

Independents added the most, with 50,000 new voters.

Vote-by-mail ballots go out Wednesday for the Nov. 8 election with a record 353,000 already mailed to Pima County voters.

Drakeon

I guess I'm thinking like 20X for the House and 49 in the Senate.
His point was that we are in a much better position to get to a majority in the Senate, therefore, if we're close to getting the house, it's landslide territory and we'll definitely have a majority in the Senate.

Ashodin

Can you imagine a democratic congress and liberal justices on the supreme court????
nhgnhgnhgnhghnghngnhgggggg

we could have legal marijuana within 2 years

Still find it amazing that Virginia swung blue in one election and then never returned. It's bluer than Michigan, at this point. NC settled on just being purple.

State transformations can be quite striking. Take 1964, when several Southern states that hadn't voted Republican since Reconstruction (MS, AL, SC) or ever (GA) went Republican in what was otherwise a Democratic landslide. Of those states, GA is the only one that's going Democratic more than once since.

1992 is an interesting case, as several states that had been part of the so-called Republican Electoral College lock went Democratic for the first time since 1964 and have gone Democratic every election since (IL, CA, NJ, VT). VT is particularly notable as prior to 1992 it had only ever gone Democratic in 1964.

And then of course there's WV, which had been a strong Democratic state (favoring Carter over Reagan in 1980 and Dukakis over Bush in 1988) but went Republican in 2000 and has done so by increasingly lopsided margins since.

THIS DUDE

He flubbed the line-it's supposed to be 'increase in murders as a percentage', which is in itself misleading because our murder rate has come down so far in the last 25 years to begin with. Dude's an idiot for not correcting himself but I think the intent is fairly clear.

His campaign does need to issue a correction though.

Can you imagine a democratic congress and liberal justices on the supreme court????
nhgnhgnhgnhghnghngnhgggggg

we could have legal marijuana within 2 years

I hate to say it but I don't see that issue getting solved nationally for a little while. Luckily the state trend seems to be towards approval in many places.

omg this trump o'reilly interview is a trainwreck.

McCain has the foulest mouth in the Senate, LMAOOOOOOOO

Even o'reilly looks like he can't believe how insane he is.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't think this is a huge political priority for anyone except Gary Johnson.

Hillary needs to push to reschedule Marijuana a lower schedule and push for research. It's great cover to eventually legalize and tax it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom