• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrokai

Damn straight. Home of The Best Damn Band in the Land and the only football team that matters.

Oh man, I live in Columbus and these are reasons I flee the city on game days :p (jk.. but I just shut up in my room and don't come out until the crazy ends.....when's the last game again? :p )

The worst hotel I think I've ever stayed in, in my entire life, was last August in Columbus.

It was in a bad looking neighborhood, the hotel was run down and dirty, and the breakfast was disgusting. Horribly out of date food and moldy cereal. How does cereal go moldy!?

We can do in-person absentee voting here in Virginia (if you meet certain requirements) but I'm waiting until the poll opens up closer to my house 2 weeks before the election.

Or......I roll the dice and hope I don't work/commute 11+ on Nov 8 and can see what a polling place looks like which'll surely be fun. I'm in Loudoun County and my kids' school is like the UN, it's fantastic. Also the exact reason Cheeto is going to get slammed here.

Pyrokai

The worst hotel I think I've ever stayed in, in my entire life, was last August in Columbus.

It was in a bad looking neighborhood, the hotel was run down and dirty, and the breakfast was disgusting. Horribly out of date food and moldy cereal. How does cereal go moldy!?

Do you remember which hotel?

Wilsongt

Oh. So NBC sat on the pussy tape because they were apparently trying to edit Bush out of it before release.

Get fucked, NBC. He was just as disgusting and enabling as Trump.

Ohio shaming. In 2016.

Y'all never saw Brainiac at Sudsy Malone's? Lazy at the Honeycomb Hideout? Medicine play in a fucking dining hall?

Get your facts right. Ohio forever.

User1608

Banned
Obviously MA is in the bag for Hillary but it always amuses me to see how hated Trump is where I live. People get shamed almost immediately with stares and murmurs whenever they're wearing a MAGA hat or shirt especially where I work.

Obviously MA is in the bag for Hillary but it always amuses me to see how hated Trump is where I live. People get shamed almost immediately with stares and murmurs whenever they're wearing a MAGA hat or cap, especially where I work.

Where do you live?

Because where I am, I live near the north east NH border and there are giant billboard Trump signs on lawns and buisnesses.

Makes me laugh.

Oh. So NBC sat on the pussy tape because they were apparently trying to edit Bush out of it before release.

Get fucked, NBC. He was just as disgusting and enabling as Trump.
NBC has been clearly enabling Trump this election. They know he brings the ratings to channel with Apprentice. They brought this jerk on SNL, did a nice fluff piece with Jimmy Fallon, ridiculous ball washing in Matt Lauer's forum, and now tried to sit on the tapes and further refusing to release Apprentice b-roll.

Becleveland gets shit for no reason. I mean, the weather is terrible. The football team is terrible. The lake catches on fire once in a while. But otherwise, it's a city on the rise.

Chichikov

I don't think Cleveland is as bad as people make it up to be.
It's not great and it has some rough parts, but I don't know, Cincinnati is way worse in my mind.

SexyFish

Banned
@realDonaldTrump 21 minutes ago
Very little pick-up by the dishonest media of incredible information provided by Wikileakes. So dishonest! Rigged system!

Donald wants that Putin paycheck. Also he's too tired to spell correctly.

Diablos

NBC has been clearly enabling Trump this election. They know he brings the ratings to channel with Apprentice. They brought this jerk on SNL, did a nice fluff piece with Jimmy Fallon, ridiculous ball washing in Matt Lauer's forum, and now tried to sit on the tapes and further refusing to release Apprentice b-roll.
Yep. There is a clear pattern. Clown network, bros.

I don't know what this means.

dumped-trash-on-patan-main-street-1_wide-3697fd200171eaaa6f9358e26da72295d246bdbf-s900-c85.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
https://youtu.be/ShEruHavVS8

Anna Navarro is my fucking hero. I'm sure every Trump surrogate is now terrified of being on a panel with her. What I love about her is that she doesn't dignify statements that don't deserve to be dignified, like others do.

I never saw the whole clip, but holy shit, did Scotty actually also blame Trump's comments on "the vampire trilogy"? LOL

Slacker

6500 shares on Facebook. They're going to destroy the whole party to protect a racist sex offender on the top of the ticket. My face hurts from smiling.

hflwrHM.jpg

NBC had no problem promoting and making money off of Donald Trump for years while he used that fame to try to convince the country that our first black president wasn't American.

Maledict

I just saw Trump's commercial with hillary fainting...

disgusting.

The most worrying thing was the end message. 'Donald Trump will protect you. He is the only one who can'.

I mean, I know we argue about fascism a lot here, but that really *is* from the fascist playbook. It's legitimately terrifying that up to 40% of the population respond positively to that message.

Edit: it's not worth using the nowcast. It's utter garbage and only designed to get clicks.

Nate Silver (538) = Trash
Nate Cohn (NYTimes The Upshot) = DA GAWD
Sam Wang (PEC) = DA WANG
So, taking this out of this thread's internal culture you are saying that 538's algorithm is flawed and shouldn't have much stock put in it, while the NYT's and Princeton's are more accurate and reliable.

SexyFish

Banned
So, taking this out of this thread's internal culture you are saying that 538's algorithm is flawed and shouldn't have much stock put in it, while the NYT's and Princeton's are more accurate and reliable.

I think 538 is in general way more volatile, and Silver's emphasis on certain polls just seems odd. Cohn and Wang's explanations are both a lot more in depth, while Silver sometimes seems to whine about people complaining about his methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom