• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Everyone talking about 2020... what stops Trump trying again? Heck he might just straight up run independent so no one can mess with him.

We're all presuming that after losing badly he just goes away, but why?
Who cares? He'd be wasting his own time and it would make no difference.

GO TODay

what if you die

Then my vote will be collected by Correct the Record and they'll ACORN this shit.

I can't go today, even if i wanted to. I'm so going to cry like a baby when I get to finally, FINALLY cast my GE vote for QUEEN.

tenor.gif

El_Mau

Everyone talking about 2020... what stops Trump trying again? Heck he might just straight up run independent so no one can mess with him.

Maybe his brand will be so hurt after all this, that he won't have any other option but disappear.

Diablos

So Dems are worried that Trump will start turning people off so much that it depresses turnout, giving the deplorables a small window for victory.

Don't they say this kind of thing every 4 years?

Cyanity

Banned
Hahahha, Trump supporters are calling in to the local conservative talk radio show PISSED because they dared to run a segment about how it's unacceptable for the San Antonio cops to be wearing MAGA hats. Caller & host argued because the caller wanted "fairness" (aka only negative Hillary talk) and the host shut him down, saying "You don't want fairness, you only want negative Hillary talk 24/7, and we are covering both sides here." Caller wanted them to go work for CNN. lmao. I think conservative talk radio is starting to wake up.

Pyrokai

#OHVotesEarly is trending nationally on Twitter.

The enthusiasm is up! I'm so proud of my state right now *tear*

I'm voting on actual election day because I like the "feel of the thing", but I am LOVING seeing these lines on day one of early voting. So happy right now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Listen you Ohio people. You are already stuck in Ohio. What if you get hit by a bus or a manure processing plant explodes or a plane full of people traveling out of Ohio crashes into your front lawn? Don't Ohio. Vote. Don't Ohio. Vote.

#OHVotesEarly is trending nationally on Twitter.

The enthusiasm is up! I'm so proud of my state right now *tear*

I'm voting on actual election day because I like the "feel of the thing", but I am LOVING seeing these lines on day one of early voting. So happy right now.
You're the first person in the world to be proud of Ohio. Ohio emotions should be shame based.
Listen you Ohio people. You are already stuck in Ohio. What if you get hit by a bus or a manure processing plant explodes or a plane full of people traveling out of Ohio crashes into your front lawn? Don't Ohio. Vote. Don't Ohio. Vote.
Hahahaha, no planes leave Ohio. Once you're here, you're fucking here. Don't ever stop for gas. That's how we get ya.

Pyrokai

You're the first person in the world to be proud of Ohio. Ohio emotions should be shame based.

Haha, I live inside my Columbus bubble and love it. Columbus is great. I never go outside of the outer belt!
Unless I'm traveling to Northeast Ohio where I grew up and my family resides, in which case I drive as fast humanly possibly can through...rural...land.... to get to another oasis

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think after watching an obama rally I would enjoy a black church. I love the call and response thing. I think that would be fun. My church growing up was so boring. So much kneeling. stand. Kneel. Stand. Kneel.

Chichikov

Everyone think that they can maintain a movement between presidential election.
It's very very hard thing to do, most people disengage from politics, it's hard to get on national television, and it's hard get heard. You really think Trump can do that grind?
In 4 years he'll be that loser who lost to Hillary.

Pyrokai

I think after watching an obama rally I would enjoy a black church. I love the call and response thing. I think that would be fun. My church growing up was so boring. So much kneeling. stand. Kneel. Stand. Kneel.

Sounds like my Catholic upbringing lol

thefro

So Dems are worried that Trump will start turning people off so much that it depresses turnout, giving the deplorables a small window for victory.

Don't they say this kind of thing every 4 years?

Here is a leaked
fundraising thing that went out to everyone
e-mail from Robby Mook:

Robby Mook said:
We are seeing signs that there will be record turnout, proving that more people will vote in this election than ever before.

Diablos

Yes, because liberals are the worst and everyone knows it.
It's a fair argument though. Trump wins even when he loses to the extent that he has taken our political discourse into a filthy toilet and gets away with it. It's infuriating. He has lowered the bar, maybe permanently, for the kind of person who can be a party's nominee. It's quite a precedent.

I'm engaged and even feeling like I can't stomach the third debate and all of the analysis, punditry and polling that comes afterwards. I can't imagine how disgusted and possibly turned off the average voter must be right now.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
My mom and brother lived in Ohio for 6 years (in Toledo) and I only visited them once. That's how bad Ohio is.

Everyone think that they can maintain a movement between presidential election.
It's very very hard thing to do, most people disengage from politics, it's hard to get on national television, and it's hard get heard. You really think Trump can do that grind?
In 4 years he'll be that loser who lost to Hillary.

I think he'd pull a lot of the deplorables again. And yes, it would basically gift Clinton re-election, but he's basically gifted her election this time.

He'd have zero chance of winning, but it's not like he hasn't failed at something multiple times before and kept going. Maybe it's a dream, but I don't think he's going to just run off with his tail between his legs here... and I don't think he'll want to accept that he lost because, you know, he was a terrible terrible candidate.

The GOPs other problems won't have gone by 2020, but right now I see no reason to think the Trump problem won't still be around too.

Cyanity

Banned
It's a fair argument though. Trump wins even when he loses to the extent that he has taken our political discourse into a filthy toilet and gets away with it. It's infuriating. He has lowered the bar, maybe permanently, for the kind of person who can be a party's nominee. It's quite a precedent.

I'm engaged and even feeling like I can't stomach the third debate and all of the analysis, punditry and polling that comes afterwards. I can't imagine how disgusted and possibly turned off the average voter must be right now.

This is the exact reason why Hillary refuses to go the low road in these debates. It shows a clear contrast between her and Trump and makes Trump's scorched earth approach look even more ridiculous. Hillary's supporters will be more enthused to vote, come November, if this keeps up.

You're all bedwetting over 2020 now? The worst.

To be clear, I'm not bedwetting about 2020. Quite the opposite. I don't see why we're presuming the GOP's Trump problem won't still be an issue for them in 2020, which would greatly help us. The deplorables will still be in the tank for him. He's not lost them, and I don't see him losing them. They won't blame him for losing either. It'll be the media and corporate puppets and rigged voting booths and Obama etc. They'll think he was robbed.

Trump has a 0% chance of getting through a 2020 republican primary.

At this point, I wouldn't count out him running independent out of pure spite. He's actively trying to tank a lot of Republicans right now.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
lol Joe getting owned by mark f'ing Halperin was hilarious. Joe is getting 90's flashbacks from all times the Clintons beat his ass.

McMullin doing well is probably bad for the Democrats as the only thing worth fighting for in Utah is Mia Love's seat and 3rd party candidates probably help her by getting R voters to the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom