• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

SgO5uQe.png

STREAMS HAVE CROSSED ON USC.

"USC citing terrible rigged poll, they're a disaster. Sad!"

Maledict

Primary flashback, but Hillarys twitter feed currently has two LGBT adverts in it, including a specific one on trans rights and the bathroom laws by a trans activist. For those who attacked her during the primaries for lack of support of gay rights, I hope they've come around on the issue.

Zukkoyaki

Just heard on the news that a top Trump advisor is denying that he knew about the wikileaks dump before it happened. Whats that about?
A Clinton campaign advisor pointed out a Tweet Roger Stone made in August about Podesta being exposed or something like that leading some to think he knew about the dump. However many have also pointed out that he was probably commenting on some Tweets WikiLeaks made that same day about Podesta's server being investigated by the DOJ and such for being breached.

Considering how hilariously wrong Stone was about last week being the end of Hillary's campaign, I think it's safe to assume he doesn't have insider knowledge with WikiLeaks. He's merely Tweeting based in what he sees/hears (like with the 10 year anniversary stream last week).

Amir0x

Banned
I'm bored since everything is so wonderful and we've already won the presidency and whatnot.

So, random question:

What would you guys think if a law passed outlawing all polling for elections in the US? No exit polling, no polling throughout the season, nothing. No internal polling allowed by the different campaigns either. I'm not concerned as to the legality of it for the moment, just what you'd think of election seasons where we'd have to go into this shit blind on election day.

I'm bored since everything is so wonderful and we've already won the presidency and whatnot.

So, random question:

What would you guys think if a law passed outlawing all polling for elections in the US? No exit polling, no polling throughout the season, nothing. No internal polling allowed by the different campaigns either. I'm not concerned as to the legality of it for the moment, just what you'd think of election seasons where we'd have to go into this shit blind on election day.

We'd all go insane

Scientifically poor methods like crowd sizes and Facebook Likes would become the new "polls" and there'd probably be an underground community of unofficial, illegal polls that would kind of sketchy.

So, random question:

I think there would be actual mental health/suicide concerns, no joke.

If there was no reassurance or sign of what was really happening in the minds of Americans, people would get really despondent, things would get fucking bleak.

So, random question:

Republicans would benefit even more with complacent dems thinking there is no way people actually buy the BS coming from republicans.

So, random question:

I would almost certainly crack from anxiety and just die.

Cool, thanks for the explanations. I'll just watch all three with bated breath for the next month.

Do we have any statistics on what percentage if the total electorate in early voting states actually vote early? Also, will votes be tallied and be made public before November 8th in early voting states, or are they sealed or kept secret until then?

It's a ton. I want to impress you without looking it up so I want to say it's like 40%?

And they won't be counted until election day but you can make very good extrapolations from the demographics and party ID.

Pixieking

Banned
So, is there any chance Trump is going to be charged with a crime? Sexual assault presumably requires the victim to press charges? But what about walking-in on women getting changed? Could the state not prosecute? And obviously the teen changing room thing referenced above would be possible for a state to prosecute.

GusBus

Eh, he's not spineless. This is just who he is. Just cause he occasionally played golf with Obama and didn't call him the n-word, didn't mean that he wasn't a solid Republican. Remember, this is the guy who handed out checks from the tobacco companies to people on the floor of congress back in the day.

He still has a choice. He's an intelligent guy, with political experience and a clear sense of what it takes to govern (even if he wasn't very effective). Yet he thinks a Trump presidency would be good for this country, wouldn't wreck our economy, or destroy our world standing.

Come on.

Grief.exe

So, is there any chance Trump is going to be charged with a crime? Sexual assault presumably requires the victim to press charges? But what about walking-in on women getting changed? Could the state not prosecute? And obviously the teen changing room thing referenced above would be possible for a state to prosecute.

Might be outside of the statute of limitations.

That poll earlier might be all mcmuffin needed to land a few key endorsements.I get the feeling that since Utah's not going to be a tipping point state, they would love to send a message to both the GOP and the rest of the country (optics!) that Mormons reject Trump's garbage and to not blindly lump them in with southern evangelicals in a "people of faith" voting block.

People of faith show contrition and repentance when they make mistakes, not lash out at people like Trump has done to Bill repeatedly.

Also I've been around plenty of new Christians in my life , both young and old, and Trump acts nothing like one.

Every person of faith in this country should be screaming at this image.

This is so stupid and self-serving. You might be able to convince me he was on a 'faith journey' and trying to turn over a new leaf if he hadn't also continued to exemplify the worst in a lot of human vices and generally things that people in the church should be opposed to (even to this day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom