• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paches

bUoESW.png

57822c19e1ad1.png

kmfdmpig

I think there would be actual mental health/suicide concerns, no joke.

If there was no reassurance or sign of what was really happening in the minds of Americans, people would get really despondent, things would get fucking bleak.

I agree. This election is a great example of that. Waking up and seeing that Clinton is even further ahead today than she was yesterday is relaxing. I can't imagine having no real sense of who was likely to win. For groups particularly targeted by Trump's BS it would be that much worse.

Nordicus

It's tragic that so many millions of Americans can't recognize just how great of a president Obama was. What he's managed to accomplish despite a do-nothing Congress and alternative media doing everything they can to de-legitimize is extraordinary.
Europeans approval of the "unlikeable" Clinton back in spring is stronger than Americans' of Obama right now :/

rokkerkory

Wow MSNBC just showed chart showing Trump is way more popular than Ryan amongst GOPers.

That's nuts.

edit: bolds well for Trump News and bolds badly for the traditional GOP

Ithil

Ah yes, the fictional faith these evangelicals keep imagining he has so they can use it as an excuse to support him. By any indication I've seen, Trump is almost certainly an atheist, he appears to have zero spirituality whatsoever.

But these diehards for him have basically just imagined their personal perfect candidate, and then projected it onto Trump.

There are no patterns like this in elections. Everyone said right off the bat Clinton couldn't win because we've never had back to back Democrats in modern times. And yet here we are. Ohio always picks the president. And yet this year it's meaningless.

We're witnessing a party re-alignment on the GOP side, and that's likely not going to be entirely ironed out in time for 2020. These things generally take awhile.

Not making a prediction but the funny thing is parties going for a fourth consecutive term have actually won more often than they've lost. I think it's something like 4-3. To add to your point, if you look at the actual cases it tends to have more to do with conditions at the time than any pattern.

Trump surrogates pretending that his pussy comments were just a one-time thing. lol, the dude has an obvious pattern of misoginy--it's in his DNA

sazzy

Trump surrogates pretending that his pussy comments were just a one-time thing. lol, the dude has an obvious pattern of misoginy--it's in his DNA

I know what you're saying, but blaming it on his DNA implies he has no control over being a deplorable person.

I think after watching an obama rally I would enjoy a black church. I love the call and response thing. I think that would be fun. My church growing up was so boring. So much kneeling. stand. Kneel. Stand. Kneel.

First time I moved to Virgina from Cali my mom took me (unwittingly) to a black church. We previously went to a UCC one in Cali which was softspoken and semi-hippie, but in VA was the first time we seen segregated churches so being black we went to the black one...

The service started at 11 and ended at 4, it was the most hype and exhausting thing I've ever experienced. People were falling out, running in the aisles, the music hardly stopped and grew louder each of the 10+ times the offering plate was passed.

Both parties would do well to try to screen their candidates for significant unconscious biases in the primaries. They tend to lead to remarks coming out (either present or past) that can do a lot of harm to the candidate out of the blue deep in the general election season.

Sweet Rasssssss:

Clinton still holds a four-point lead over Trump - 43% to 39% - among Likely U.S. Voters in Rasmussen Reports’ latest White House Watch national telephone and online survey. But that’s down from five points yesterday and her biggest lead ever of seven points on Monday.

Nordicus

YOU COME OUT WITH THIS BULLSHIT EXCUSE THIS LATE INTO YOUR HATEFILLED CAMPAIGN YOU FUCK?!

*calms down a little*

I'm not seeing a NeoGAF thread of a CNN reporter verbally assaulting this man for 5 straight minutes without drawing a breath, so whoever was interviewing that aide has much, much stronger willpower than I do.

Geg

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/786213593750474752

Hillary has a video about Trump being unshackled.

HOLY FUCK THE MUSIC IN THIS TERRIBLY AMAZING.

Watching this someone in the video makes reference to Reagan's morning in America ad, so I decided to look that up, and lmao I didn't know about this:

Wikipedia said:
During the 2016 presidential primaries, Republican Party candidates Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz both referenced "morning in America" rhetoric in attempts to reflect the politics and spirit of Reagan. Rubio's "Morning Again in America" television ad, which features montage footage of everyday American life in both cities and suburbs, drew widespread criticism for opening with a shot of Vancouver, Canada.

Chiming in on the 538 discussion. I have my problems with their model and I do think it's been overly volatile at times. That having been said, between the debates and the tape it would be perfectly reasonable to expect a shift in the race right around now.

What I won't defend is Nate's punditry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom