• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this too is much, but I do wonder if Trump had walked in on Ivanka in her youth. Like, based on his comments in the past, and with her comments here, idk. Just a thought that some of this was like ingrained in with him and his behavior.

Wouldn't surprise me, "Donald being Donald" and all.

Even LA times doesn't have trump winning anymore. This could be a landslide victory if things don't change

"We're closing the gap in the Rassss poll!"

bUoESW.png

This is one of the things that bothers me the most about the GOP, Trump and this campaign. Apparently every thing Trump does should be forgiven because of XYZ however the same forgiveness can not be granted to Clinton(s) or the Democrats. I mean, you had the whole "Pence made a mistake and learned from it" but "Clinton made a terrible decision and should be judged on it still" from Trump's mouth for the War in Iraq vote. You have Cooper calling Conway out going "well if Bill settling the rape allegation suit is an admission of guilt, what about all the lawsuits Trump settled, does that mean he is admitted guilt" and Conway basically going "No, Trump is not guilty when he settles, but Clinton is."

Then you have all the "oh it was a joke" waiving away of Trump statements when he doubles down on them, the whole "the Trump campaign is running a positive campaign with no insults but Hillary called us deplorable, shes the insult campaign," and how everything slightly awkward with the Clinton Foundation is a pay to play scandal but the actual pay to play going on at the Trump Foundation is a distraction and means nothing.

I guess I loathe the universe that Trump, his surrogates, his supporters, and the GOP live in. Clearly they dont live on ours.

It's pretty sad how the religious people in this country won't vote for the modestly religious candidate with a former missionary vice president.

Instead they vote for the massive, obvious, unapologetic sinner and his sort of religious when it's convenient to hate gay people vice president.

Edit: Pepe is left handed?

Wiz

Humor for a second PoliGAF. At this point, which timeline is more likely?

A: Sacred Realm Protected - (Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess)

B: Ganondorf Sealed - (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks)

C: The Hero is Defeated - Hyrule's Decline & The Last Hero (ALTTP, Oracle's, Link's Awakening)

I spend far too much time on 270 to win.

her exchange with Anderson Cooper yesterday was so non-sensical full of fuzzy math.
Good bless Anderson for calling on her BS

https://youtu.be/VFc8ZkFf4TI?t=4m38s

After flipping through channels, I decided to watch this Anderson Cooper interview without knowing who the woman was that he was interviewing.

This is one amazing woman who endures without doubt, withstands without breaking a sweat, responds without batting an eyelash or breaking eye contact, never ending insults on a daily basis as the campaign manager for a man who has always been highly criticized but more so recently since running for office in a very public position.

I enjoy watching Anderson Cooper interview but thoroughly enjoyed the interaction tonight although it was a bit uncomfortable.

I am neither Clinton norTrump at the point and time is running out for not even being close to knowing where I fall. I felt she answered openly, unrehearsed, with honestly and without being defensive. Unusual.

She was was calm with a softness which was refreshing as I would have expected a toughness and almost "manly" approach. But she maintained a feminine "air" about her I greatly appreciated.

She stayed focused with what was being asked even as Anderson was leading her around in circles and off course and target at times which had her perplexed a few times it seemed. But, she kept with it. Very articulate and Intelligence was obvious.

I just really wanted to comment on this particular interview with this woman whom I had no idea who she was. I have to admit this must be a tough position for anyone really but I admire her for her ability to handle it as well as I feel she did in this interview.
Like I said, I'm undecided right now as to where I will go with my vote. I don't even know if I'll vote.

But I do know I have to say I am quite impressed on how well this woman did in this interview. You chose well with whom you appointed to head your campaign. It's been quite a challenge I'm sure.

Copied and pasted Youtube comment

C: The Hero is Defeated - Hyrule's Decline & The Last Hero (ALTTP, Oracle's, Link's Awakening)

Finally, female Link.

I'm leaning towards Timeline A, honestly.

The candidate they support released a commercial yesterday with his opponent fainting due to sickness and dehydration, the same candidate said he would direct the DOJ to put his opponent in jail during the debate on Sunday, an impeachable offence.

Clinton's strategy is simply creating commercials with literal Trump quotes in them.

Wait, so she is using his own offensive statements in her ads? Ok, I guess I can get why Fox News sees them as offensive. When a GOP candidate says them in a GOP ad, the RNC, a debate, or rally, its ok. However, when played through the filter of a DEM ad its offensive, like the red tinted glasses have come off to reveal what everyone else can see/hear.

What an interesting observation.

rjinaz

Even LA times doesn't have trump winning anymore. This could be a landslide victory if things don't change

Well they have to have it favoring Clinton now that things are getting closer. If they don't, they'll take a hit on polling credibility when she inevitably wins. And everybody with a brain knows she's got this at this point.

sazzy

oh man..

the little pepes over at r/donald are going through each and EVERY wikileak email, posting about it, calling EVERYTHING treason/corruption/rigged and agreeing with each other...

Amir0x

Banned
oh man..

the little pepes over at r/donald are going through each and EVERY wikileak email, posting about it, calling EVERYTHING treason/corruption/rigged and agreeing with each other...

Think of it like the last remaining survivors of Pompeii returning after the devastation and pouring over the debris and scraps for any remnants of better days.

Wilsongt

oh man..

When you have nothing left to cling to but fumes and despiration, what else is there to do?

mo60

The second realm timeline.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Early voting, eh? Let's go ground game!

HylianTom

Banned

Somewhere between A & B. If forced to guess, A.

If you ask conservatives, we're heading into the Twilight Era.

A mix between A and B at this point.

Chiming in on the 538 discussion. I have my problems with their model and I do think it's been overly volatile at times. That having been said, between the debates and the tape it would be perfectly reasonable to expect a shift in the race right around now.

What I won't defend is Nate's punditry.
The whole point of having a model is that the model accounts for these things.

You shouldn't see such volatile behavior.

Wiz

Yeah, we're getting closer to A in my opinion. But B would fit the "ded heet" narrative from a few weeks ago and the media would love it.

Posted this article about "Friends of Bill" last night, but maybe people weren't awake. Wanted to see if anyone who knew about USA disaster relief had any thoughts about this.

Seems like the Clinton state department was skipping over some sort of regular process in favor of speed to try and save lives, but the third paragraph mentions a donation of medical supplies to the US government. Not sure why you need to be known to the Clinton Foundation to donate those.

Also, a consequence of this action in general is that there was seemingly a benefit for Friends of Bill to get government contracts after the earthquake was over. I guess the benefit could be seen as incidental rather than intentionally corrupt, but still a weird thing to have happen when you consider Hillary's position at the time.

Cyanity

Banned
After flipping through channels, I decided to watch this Anderson Cooper interview without knowing who the woman was that he was interviewing.

This is one amazing woman who endures without doubt, withstands without breaking a sweat, responds without batting an eyelash or breaking eye contact, never ending insults on a daily basis as the campaign manager for a man who has always been highly criticized but more so recently since running for office in a very public position.

I enjoy watching Anderson Cooper interview but thoroughly enjoyed the interaction tonight although it was a bit uncomfortable.

I am neither Clinton norTrump at the point and time is running out for not even being close to knowing where I fall. I felt she answered openly, unrehearsed, with honestly and without being defensive. Unusual.

She was was calm with a softness which was refreshing as I would have expected a toughness and almost "manly" approach. But she maintained a feminine "air" about her I greatly appreciated.

She stayed focused with what was being asked even as Anderson was leading her around in circles and off course and target at times which had her perplexed a few times it seemed. But, she kept with it. Very articulate and Intelligence was obvious.

I just really wanted to comment on this particular interview with this woman whom I had no idea who she was. I have to admit this must be a tough position for anyone really but I admire her for her ability to handle it as well as I feel she did in this interview.
Like I said, I'm undecided right now as to where I will go with my vote. I don't even know if I'll vote.

But I do know I have to say I am quite impressed on how well this woman did in this interview. You chose well with whom you appointed to head your campaign. It's been quite a challenge I'm sure.

Copied and pasted Youtube comment

Ken Bone? Is that you?

Good time for Trump to be exploding with Ohio voting.

The enthusiasm from that video was great. It was almost like these people have had to endure Trump spewing his hateful ignorant rhetoric for over a year and finally getting to vote was so cathartic. I want that feeling so badly.

KHarvey16

The whole point of having a model is that the model accounts for these things.

You shouldn't see such volatile behavior.

What does it mean to "account" for these things? How does a model identify movement associated with a short term outrage versus a long term, election changing scandal? Wouldn't "ranking" movement based on subjective measures like this be punditry?

Sen. Thune now with the walkback. Seeing them grovel back to a deeply flawed candidate that is cruising for a historic beating is crazy.

Props to Republicans like Sen. Lee that saw well in advance that everything The Donald touches turns to ruin. The principled #nevertrumpers are the only ones that look decent now.

Thaedolus

Anecdotal hopium: walking around Scottsdale (upper middle class white neighborhoods), I've only seen Trump/MAGA/Support our police bullshit on people's lawns until I was walking the dogs this morning and saw several new Clinton/Kaine/McCaskill signs. Is it happening? It partially restored my faith in people to see some push back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom