• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

I think it's pretty clear the debate helped stabilize his base. The 3rd debate could tilt things a few points mainly for similar reasons.

It's why I think all of the big oppo has to hold off until right after that last debate. Just pound with old tapes and statements in the weeks leading up. With no major debate like event for him to use to stabilize, one tape of the N-word or something is all it would take to drop that moderate GOP support he has.

Last poll was Trump +3.

Hm.

I'm still trying to grapple with how the polls here are going to actually reflect the actual votes for Trump.

It would be impossible for any other republican to come even close to where he was polling if they had zero ground game and no money like him. But his 100% name recognition and brand really helps overcome that. Or it did during the primary; but we all know how different the General will be.

I think any state that polls with in 5% Hillary should go for and has a chance to win.

Slacker

Trolling Trump twitter fans on my lunch break. Multiple times I've said something smart-assy and they "liked" the tweet. Maybe I'm being trolled.

dity9V2.jpg

Zukkoyaki

It's decently red, where Dems can sometimes win downballot, and it's getting redder.
Yup. We went red in 2000 and haven't gone back. Just not enough minorities here and too few urban areas for a state of this geographical size.

Hopefully we can continue to elect moderate dems though.

Rape culture is when a man admits to sexually assaulting women in the exact way that several women have accused Trump of being sexually assaulted and men still pretend it was just "talk."

Pixieking

Banned
Hm.

I'm still trying to grapple with how the polls here are going to actually reflect the actual votes for Trump.

It would be impossible for any other republican to come even close to where he was polling if they had zero ground game and no money like him. But his 100% name recognition and brand really helps overcome that. Or it did during the primary; but we all know how different the General will be.

I think any state that polls with in 5% Hillary should go for and has a chance to win.

I posted this link this morning, but this morning in my country is different to most of the rest of this thread. :D Interesting read, I think. :)

New Marquette Law School Poll, Wisconsin likely voters:
Clinton 44%
Trump 37%
Johnson 9%
Stein 3%
#MULawPoll

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 56s56 seconds ago
US Senate race in WI:
Feingold 46%
Johnson 44%
Anderson 4%
#MULawPoll

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 1m1 minute ago
In September, Feingold held a 44%-39% lead over Johnson, with Anderson at 7% among likely voters. #MULawPoll

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
New Marquette Law School Poll, Wisconsin likely voters:
Clinton 44%
Trump 37%
Johnson 9%
Stein 3%
#MULawPoll

I'll take it. Considering WI is the "most likely" Blue state to have bought into his blue collar protectionist racist horseshit.

Bowdz

I think it's pretty clear the debate helped stabilize his base. The 3rd debate could tilt things a few points mainly for similar reasons.

It's why I think all of the big oppo has to hold off until right after that last debate. Just pound with old tapes and statements in the weeks leading up. With no major debate like event for him to use to stabilize, one tape of the N-word or something is all it would take to drop that moderate GOP support he has.

Agreed.

NeoXChaos

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 11s12 seconds ago
Among likely voters in WI:
Thursday: Trump 41%, Clinton 40%
Friday: Clinton 44%, Trump 38%
Saturday and Sunday: Clinton 49%, Trump 30%

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 14s15 seconds ago

Among female likely voters in WI:
Thursday: Clinton 45%, Trump 36%
Friday: Clinton 60%, Trump 33%
Saturday+Sunday: Clinton 56%, Trump 23%
MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 1m1 minute ago

Among male likely voters in WI:
Thursday: Trump 47%, Clinton 35%
Friday: Trump 44%, Clinton 28%
Saturday and Sunday: Clinton 40%, Trump 39%

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 2m2 minutes ago
Among male likely voters in WI:
Thursday: Trump 47%, Clinton 35%
Friday: Trump 44%, Clinton 28%
Saturday and Sunday: Clinton 40%, Trump 39%

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 2m2 minutes ago
Among female likely voters in WI:
Thursday: Clinton 45%, Trump 36%
Friday: Clinton 60%, Trump 33%
Saturday+Sunday: Clinton 56%, Trump 23%

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 59s60 seconds ago
Among evangelical likely voters in WI:
Thursday: Trump 64%, Clinton 24%
Friday: Trump 55%, Clinton 32%
Sat+Sun: Trump 47%, Clinton 31%

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 6s6 seconds ago
Among white likely voters w/ college degrees in WI:
Thu: Clinton 48%, Trump 32%
Fri: Trump 44%, Clinton 40%
Sat+Sun: Clinton 54%, Trump 28%

MULawPoll ‏@MULawPoll 47s47 seconds ago
Among white LVs without college degrees in WI:
Thu: Trump 48%, Clinton 33%
Fri: Trump 41%, Clinton 38%
Sat+Sun: Clinton 42%, Trump 35%

It did hit him, wonder how much the debate actually helped him.

Hopefully Clinton's GOTV effort can really push a lot of down ballot races.

Also, I can't believe Trump was actually winning prior to the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom