• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot in that MULaw poll that's super concerning.

- Even with a decent polling lead nationally ahead of the tapes dropping, the first day of polling (which, admittedly, probably had a small response rate) had Trump up in Wisconsin.

- The race has been trending towards Johnson. Even though he's only led one poll (Loras, lol), it was the last one released before this poll. And it's just gotten tighter.

Not great.

Yikes...not good.

I still think the polls will retract back to where they were before the tape released. Hillary will still win, but it will be a lot closer than it is right now.

A lot is probably relative. There is little time and people are voting, which probably blunts a lot of the natural reversion of the mean.

Even from August 8th to September 8th, when Hillary wasn't really campaigning, she went from +8 to +4. That was with no more revelations, a more subdued Trump, and no voting. I don't really see a swing like that happening. Maybe she goes from +7 to +5 or +4, but yeah.

We back to bedwetting?

I guess.

There's a lot in that MULaw poll that's super concerning.

- Even with a decent polling lead nationally ahead of the tapes dropping, the first day of polling (which, admittedly, probably had a small response rate) had Trump up in Wisconsin.

- The race has been trending towards Johnson. Even though he's only led one poll (Loras, lol), it was the last one released before this poll. And it's just gotten tighter.

Not great.

I think once you start slicing data that's already pretty small into even smaller bits the MOE goes so high as to make any comparative analysis very difficult.

If this race was honestly close we'd see money poured into winning it on both sides. I don't see that happening right now. Same with Bayh, though I feel less confident about that race given that, well, it's Evan Bayh.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
i love the 538 snake

poll only

uHrNAQ.png
Off topic. What the fuck is up with this orange cursor on all these screenshots lately?

I think once you start slicing data that's already pretty small into even smaller bits the MOE goes so high as to make any comparative analysis very difficult.

If this race was honestly close we'd see money poured into winning it on both sides. I don't see that happening right now. Same with Bayh, though I feel less confident about that race given that, well, it's Evan Bayh.

Yeah, the fact that the NRSC just got out of Wisconsin probably says more about the race than anything else.

All right let's not be forced to retire "bedwetting" too. Looking askance at one poll and being a little disappointed in ballot requests is not "bedwetting" about the entire race.

RE: Those Ohio numbers, important to remember that the 3 counties that gave Romney his more total votes were Franklin, Hamilton, and Cuyahoga. It's quite possible that the drop there could be from Urban and Suburban GOPs.

Romney #s:

Franklin: 207,941
Hamilton: 193,326
Cuyahoga: 184,475

That was 22% of Romney vote total in OH. Without party ID and age+race, it's probably hard to tell.

Zukkoyaki

Yall are looking too far into the day-by-day breakdowns of the MU poll.

According to those numbers, Trump won white voters with college degrees on Friday (pussygate) but lost them on Thursday. All signs and logic should show he should have been doing worse on Friday but he didn't. That's what happens when you chop small pieces of data into smaller chunks, you can find trends and eyebrow raising numbers especially if you're looking for them. Plus, as well all know, polling is noisy by nature.

Yeah it is pre-tapes/debates, but that is disturbing to me.

Its elderly people who aren't working.

Are you picking a phone up after you're shift or at work from an unknown number?

I'm sure many more weekdays have that kind of number vs. weekends isn't that why a lot of polls straddle the weekend

Pixieking

Banned
Was Pussygate tape Friday evening or afternoon, in the US? You would think that if it were the evening, the effect wouldn't be seen til the Saturday+Sunday.

Trump really sounds like he's going nuclear. Wonder if he'll stick to his heated script, or will he get caught up in the emotion of it and say something that'll really bite him.

I'm just dealing with the depression of being reminded my state is a shithole. At least I'll end up living in one of the three places that voted Obama in 2012.

Whoever said that this place is the human version of the Nowcast was right. Stop swinging so much on every single poll, give it time for the effects to sink in, and then look at the preponderance of polls to see what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom